Pure Standard Equipment

Does anyone know when Lucid's with the base sound system will come because right now it just says later availability?

I'm assuming it will get a few more miles similar to the Taycan RWD vs 4S (Maybe another 10-15). I see no reason for them to limit the range, as it's a good way to get more customers. Lowest-priced trim with one of the best ranges available on any EV.
It should, just as the BMW i4 RWD gets 10-30 miles more range than the AWD variant. The spread is due to available wheel sizes.

It looks like the pure does have soft close door. Refer to this video at Lucid Beverly Hills

someone who received a pure on this forum said it doesn't
I can confirm that it does not. Apparently the car in the Video is actually Touring with a metal roof.

I can confirm that it does not. Apparently the car in the Video is actually Touring with a metal roof.
That can't be a Touring with that interior.

That can't be a Touring with that interior.
It’s more of a Frankenstein than anything else. A Touring on the outside, with Pure seats and interior materials.

The line had not yet been set up for Pure. But they could throw in the interior bits and make it look passable enough.

Regardless, it’s been confirmed that Pure does not have soft close doors. Not sure why we’re still talking about this.

No one knows but most probably Q2 2023
Peter Rawlinson was there when I picked up my car. I asked him how long those waiting for the base Pure would have to wait. He said perhaps Q4.

‘Perhaps Q4’. Oh well, I guess that’s Q1 24. On and on we go. That would be 3 years from my reservation. Perhaps I can set a new record?

Peter Rawlinson was there when I picked up my car. I asked him how long those waiting for the base Pure would have to wait. He said perhaps Q4.
^^^^ THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! ^^^^

It is unfathomable to me that Lucid has done such a poor job of setting expectations around the Pure.
  • When will the Pure RDW ship? Lucid has not publicly made a commitment.
  • What will the range be (approximately)? Lucid has not made this announcement.
  • What will the HP rating be (approximately)? Lucid hasn't gone there either...

I know more about the VW ID Buzz (yuck!) than I do about the Lucid Air Pure. (2024, TBD mile range, 201-340HP).

Having SOME idea of when I need to scrape together $83K would be helpful. I am not concerned if it is Q4 of 2023, or Q1 of 2024. Lucid just needs to let me know!

^^^^ THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! ^^^^

It is unfathomable to me that Lucid has done such a poor job of setting expectations around the Pure.
  • When will the Pure RDW ship? Lucid has not publicly made a commitment.
  • What will the range be (approximately)? Lucid has not made this announcement.
  • What will the HP rating be (approximately)? Lucid hasn't gone there either...

I know more about the VW ID Buzz (yuck!) than I do about the Lucid Air Pure. (2024, TBD mile range, 201-340HP).

Having SOME idea of when I need to scrape together $83K would be helpful. I am not concerned if it is Q4 of 2023, or Q1 of 2024. Lucid just needs to let me know!
Yes. We really need a lot of transparency. See what Fisker told me about Ocean Extreme I ordered.:

we are committed to making your Fisker ownership experience transparent, easy to understand, and fun. Our goal is to keep you informed about everything and anything happening with your Fisker Ocean order. To remove any guesswork, we’ll notify you of changes affecting your account, updates happening at Fisker, and important news related to your Fisker Ocean order.

As announced earlier this month, homologation for the Fisker Ocean is scheduled for February. Once all government approvals are complete, we can start delivery of our first vehicles, beginning with the launch edition Fisker Ocean One.

After the first 5,000 launch edition Fisker Ocean Ones are manufactured, Fisker plans to prioritize the production and delivery of the Fisker Ocean Extreme trim, with any additional capacity allocated to the Ultra and Sport trim levels. Given the interest in the Fisker Ocean SUV premium trim, it is likely that the Sport and Ultra production will commence in late 2023, with additional production planned for 2024.

Delivery Timeline

We will provide you with more detailed information in February. As your vehicle production date approaches, you'll receive an update with the Calendar Quarter we estimate your delivery will fall within (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). As more information becomes available, we will narrow your estimated delivery date by month, week, and exact delivery date.

I suppose they could lie and tell you they know when your car will arrive. But the fact of the matter is, they still don't really know.

You can only be transparent about things you actually know.

As the production picture gets more clear this year, I imagine they'll have more information. A lot is going to depend on reservations in Europe and Saudi Arabia. And then just how many Pure customers go for the various options. And how many more sign up this year for the higher configs. And on and on.

Thanks for asking for us. But Jesus Christ! Q4? Did he say it calmly, like always?

I suppose they could lie and tell you they know when your car will arrive. But the fact of the matter is, they still don't really know.

You can only be transparent about things you actually know.

As the production picture gets more clear this year, I imagine they'll have more information. A lot is going to depend on reservations in Europe and Saudi Arabia. And then just how many Pure customers go for the various options. And how many more sign up this year for the higher configs. And on and on.
Uh, no. Lucid knows what horsepower the car will have, and they should have a pretty good handle on when they will be able to ship the car. Just as they know what they will be charging in USD for it.

At this time I've almost decided to cancel my reservation and get the Model S Plaid especially bcos of the price reduction today. There's no projection of the timeline and Lucid lost its price advantage which was one of the main selling points. I down care how luxurious it is at this point.

Reactions: DBV
Back