Pure Standard Equipment

At this time I've almost decided to cancel my reservation and get the Model S Plaid especially bcos of the price reduction today. There's no projection of the timeline and Lucid lost its price advantage which was one of the main selling points. I down care how luxurious it is at this point.
All the best to you.

At this time I've almost decided to cancel my reservation and get the Model S Plaid especially bcos of the price reduction today. There's no projection of the timeline and Lucid lost its price advantage which was one of the main selling points. I down care how luxurious it is at this point.
I just moved up a spot with my reservation.

I just moved up a spot with my reservation.
I think you're about to move up a whole lot of spaces. They have software that can estimate the range, hp and many other factors of a configuration. By Lucid being so tight lipped about the Pure RWD specs, they're risking losing a lot of reservation holders like myself. I like many of the others don't mind the wait if the specs are worth waiting for. I know more about the Sapphire then the RWD pure. That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm just saying that a little more information may go a long way with their existing reservation holders.

I think you're about to move up a whole lot of spaces. They have software that can estimate the range, hp and many other factors of a configuration. By Lucid being so tight lipped about the Pure RWD specs, they're risking losing a lot of reservation holders like myself. I like many of the others don't mind the wait if the specs are worth waiting for. I know more about the Sapphire then the RWD pure. That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm just saying that a little more information may go a long way with their existing reservation holders.
Doubt it.

Doubt it.
Doubt all you want, but I am with @hanifjenkins on this.

I am looking at another EV that is not yet available in the US. If I don't have more info from Lucid on the Pure RWD when it becomes available (probably Q2 of this year), I may be cancelling my reservation. I already know that the alternative vehicle with AWD will be less expensive than the Pure RWD, it has less range, but it is available in 201-345hp, RWD or AWD, and has a nice enough interior. The biggest issue for me is that I would have to purchase through one of their dealer franchises.

Last edited:
Let's see what happens. Let's also see how their stock trends. I hope you're right. I'll give them 2 more months to release the RWD specs.
I'm not sure what that means, you have it listed in your car so you are already an owner. If this is an error, it can be corrected on your profile page.

I am looking at another EV that is not yet available in the US. If I don't have more info from Lucid on the Pure RWD when it becomes available (probably Q2 of this year), I may be cancelling my reservation. I already know that the alternative vehicle will be less expensive than the Pure RWD, it has less range, but it is available in 201-345hp, RWD or AWD, and has a nice enough interior. The biggest issue for me is that I would have to purchase through one of their dealer franchises.
It's absolutely a good idea to cross-shop other brands. The best way to find out the way you feel about a car is not a look at specs on the Internet or even this forum. The best, and in my opinion, only way to judge a car is with a thorough test drive. It seems you are waiting for a single motor Pure. I would wait until they are available to drive before making any final decisions. For example, on paper the Tesla Model S seems like a competitor to the Lucid. In reality, from the driver seat, they are worlds apart. Some prefer one, some prefer the other. Heck, I took a two hour test drive just to decide between 19" and 21" wheels!

It's absolutely a good idea to cross-shop other brands. The best way to find out the way you feel about a car is not a look at specs on the Internet or even this forum. The best, and in my opinion, only way to judge a car is with a thorough test drive. It seems you are waiting for a single motor Pure. I would wait until they are available to drive before making any final decisions. For example, on paper the Tesla Model S seems like a competitor to the Lucid. In reality, from the driver seat, they are worlds apart. Supper prefer one, some prefer the other. Heck, I took a two hour test drive just to decide between 19" and 21" wheels!
But the Pure RWD is not yet available for test drives, and neither is the Pure AWD. I have sat in a GT while I was in the Boston area. It was nice, but the Boston Studio did not offer test drives while I was there. I was presented with the opportunity to take a GT for a test drive, but it has so little in common with the driving experience of a Pure RWD, that I don't see the point in driving for 2 hours each way from my home in Ft Myers to the nearest Lucid Studio in Miami.

Right now, the only basis upon which us Pure RWD reservation holders have is the information that Lucid publishes. Thus far, published features on the RWD Pure (the car that Peter Rawlinson says is 'critical,' or something to that effect) have been SORELY lacking. Thanks to this forum, and @noobzilla for his pictures and writeup of his experience with a fully optioned Pure AWD.

If price (the only thing that I DO know from Lucid) was the most important feature that I had to base my decision on (and it isn't), I would have cancelled my Lucid reservation by now. At this time I believe that range and HP are very important to me, and am hopeful that Lucid makes an announcement on these two aspects regarding the RWD Pure soon, so that I can decide to either continue to hold or cancel my reservation.

I am looking at another EV that is not yet available in the US. If I don't have more info from Lucid on the Pure RWD when it becomes available (probably Q2 of this year), I may be cancelling my reservation. I already know that the alternative vehicle with AWD will be less expensive than the Pure RWD, it has less range, but it is available in 201-345hp, RWD or AWD, and has a nice enough interior. The biggest issue for me is that I would have to purchase through one of their dealer franchises.
I’m sure you saw a poster mentioning that Rawlinson was hoping for production to begin of the RWD Pure in Q4. I’m thinking that could easily slide to Q1 of 24 (hopefully I’m wrong). I agree though, it would be nice to have more information at this point.

But the Pure RWD is not yet available for test drives, and neither is the Pure AWD. I have sat in a GT while I was in the Boston area. It was nice, but the Boston Studio did not offer test drives while I was there. I was presented with the opportunity to take a GT for a test drive, but it has so little in common with the driving experience of a Pure RWD, that I don't see the point in driving for 2 hours each way from my home in Ft Myers to the nearest Lucid Studio in Miami.

Right now, the only basis upon which us Pure RWD reservation holders have is the information that Lucid publishes. Thus far, published features on the RWD Pure (the car that Peter Rawlinson says is 'critical,' or something to that effect) have been SORELY lacking. Thanks to this forum, and @noobzilla for his pictures and writeup of his experience with a fully optioned Pure AWD.

If price (the only thing that I DO know from Lucid) was the most important feature that I had to base my decision on (and it isn't), I would have cancelled my Lucid reservation by now. At this time I believe that range and HP are very important to me, and am hopeful that Lucid makes an announcement on these two aspects regarding the RWD Pure soon, so that I can decide to either continue to hold or cancel my reservation.

I haven't cancelled yet but I am about to. I was willing to wait for the car (RWD Pure) so long as I knew that it was something I wanted. Hence I wanted to know the specs. When November 15th came and went without any information, and the Genesis GV60 popped up, I went for it. It is now the middle of January and still nothing about specs.

I have a new theory: Either (a) the Pure is going to be so good that they don't want to announce it early to avoid folks cancelling orders for higher versions; or (b) it is so bad that folks will cancel and they will have to report that in their quarterly SEC filings. I can't think of any other reason that Lucid won't release specs on the RWD Pure.

I can't think of any other reason that Lucid won't release specs on the RWD Pure.
I can think of a reason. Because they haven’t built one yet. And they have enough problems meeting demand and expanding into other countries right now that they don’t have the attention to give to testing, tweaking, and finalizing a car they likely won’t deliver until early next year.

Sure, they could throw out a HP number and 0-60 that they pulled out of their butts. But then if they need to alter it before release, there would be mutiny from all the reservation holders who think they were “promised” something different.

I think Lucid wants to feel out where the economy is going over the next several months; see how the AWD Pure sells and performs in the real world, get a sense of where the competition actually is instead of where they say they will be, and then make any final spec adjustments they need to without being accused of flip flopping on earlier decisions.

I totally get anyone who doesn’t want to wait for that. But I don’t think grumbling about it is going to change Lucid’s mind on this. They’ve kept specs close to the vest until just before deliveries on every trim thus far.

I can think of a reason. Because they haven’t built one yet. And they have enough problems meeting demand and expanding into other countries right now that they don’t have the attention to give to testing, tweaking, and finalizing a car they likely won’t deliver until early next year.

Sure, they could throw out a HP number and 0-60 that they pulled out of their butts. But then if they need to alter it before release, there would be mutiny from all the reservation holders who think they were “promised” something different.

I think Lucid wants to feel out where the economy is going over the next several months; see how the AWD Pure sells and performs in the real world, get a sense of where the competition actually is instead of where they say they will be, and then make any final spec adjustments they need to without being accused of flip flopping on earlier decisions.

I totally get anyone who doesn’t want to wait for that. But I don’t think grumbling about it is going to change Lucid’s mind on this. They’ve kept specs close to the vest until just before deliveries on every trim thus far.
Someone at Lucid KNOWS what the HP rating of the Pure RWD will be. They are supposedly using the same rear motor across all Lucid vehicles, except the Sapphire. All that Lucid is doing is de-rating the motor through software that runs on the wunderbox. Decreasing the horsepower will likely result in increased range (it's a physics thing). If, for some (unfathomable) reason, Lucid is building an entirely different (new) motor for the RWD Pure, then I will cancel my order RIGHT NOW.

I paid Lucid $300 when I understood that the Pure would have 480hp and over 400 miles of range. Lucid then stated that those specs only applied to the Pure AWD. This distinction was not made before I made my deposit, and I now feel that there has been a degree of bait and switching in this regard.

Also, I believe that Lucid's potential customers (like me) would be happy if they would give us a ballpark figure of what the specs - specifically hp and range - of this vehicle are. Continued radio silence, however has prompted me to start looking at alternatives to the Pure RWD.

Someone at Lucid KNOWS what the HP rating of the Pure RWD will be. They are supposedly using the same rear motor across all Lucid vehicles, except the Sapphire. All that Lucid is doing is de-rating the motor through software that runs on the wunderbox. Decreasing the horsepower will likely result in increased range (it's a physics thing). If, for some (unfathomable) reason, Lucid is building an entirely different (new) motor for the RWD Pure, then I will cancel my order RIGHT NOW.

I paid Lucid $300 when I understood that the Pure would have 480hp and over 400 miles of range. Lucid then stated that those specs only applied to the Pure AWD. This distinction was not made before I made my deposit, and I now feel that there has been a degree of bait and switching in this regard.

Also, I believe that Lucid's potential customers (like me) would be happy if they would give us a ballpark figure of what the specs - specifically hp and range - of this vehicle are. Continued radio silence, however has prompted me to start looking at alternatives to the Pure RWD.
I think, at this point, that we all understand how you feel. You’re not wrong to have those feelings, but none of us can give you any more information about the Pure at this point.

You have to make decisions with what information you have, and we all hope Lucid announces definitive info about the Pure as soon as they have said info.

We should not assume malice or incompetence; there is likely some reason they haven’t disclosed it yet, and my *guess* is they want to confirm numbers before announcing. Same reason they haven’t announced full numbers for the Sapphire. But again, that’s a guess.

Good luck with your decisions.

1. please calm down.
2. your assumption that lower horsepower gives higher range is completely faulty.
3. They will release the figures when they are ready to. Single motor Pures are still months away. Perhaps they are still tweaking them. Large publicly held companies don’t ballpark.
4. You didn’t pay Lucid $300. It’s a refundable deposit.
5. Why would an all-new motor be a bad thing? I doubt this is actually happening, but if it were it would likely be better than its predecessor in some way, otherwise why bother?

I haven't cancelled yet but I am about to. I was willing to wait for the car (RWD Pure) so long as I knew that it was something I wanted. Hence I wanted to know the specs. When November 15th came and went without any information, and the Genesis GV60 popped up, I went for it. It is now the middle of January and still nothing about specs.

I have a new theory: Either (a) the Pure is going to be so good that they don't want to announce it early to avoid folks cancelling orders for higher versions; or (b) it is so bad that folks will cancel and they will have to report that in their quarterly SEC filings. I can't think of any other reason that Lucid won't release specs on the RWD Pure.
Steve, I think the only important specs we don’t know yet are HP and range. For me, anything under a 5 second 0-60 is absolutely fine. I’ve got that on my i4 and it’s more than adequate for me.

I‘m assuming the range will be at least 410 since I’ve yet to see any EV model, from any manufacturer, with both AWD and RWD variants come in with a lower range for the RWD variant. If Lucid decided to significantly downsize the battery on the RWD variant or drop the range for some other reason, that would be a cause for cancellation for me. With that said, I just don’t see that happening.

With the range issue I also have to factor in that I’m currently getting significantly over the EPA rating and the Lucid is generally getting under the EPA rating (I fully understand the different EPA testing protocols). OTOH the Lucid has a larger battery than my current EV, so it’s not necessarily an easy equation.

Steve, I think the only important specs we don’t know yet are HP and range. For me, anything under a 5 second 0-60 is absolutely fine. I’ve got that on my i4 and it’s more than adequate for me.

I‘m assuming the range will be at least 410 since I’ve yet to see any EV model, from any manufacturer, with both AWD and RWD variants come in with a lower range for the RWD variant. If Lucid decided to significantly downsize the battery on the RWD variant or drop the range for some other reason, that would be a cause for cancellation for me. With that said, I just don’t see that happening.

With the range issue I also have to factor in that I’m currently getting significantly over the EPA rating and the Lucid is generally getting under the EPA rating (I fully understand the different EPA testing protocols). OTOH the Lucid has a larger battery than my current EV, so it’s not necessarily an easy equation.
Thanks. Clearly we don't know the HP and range. But we also don't know if they are going to further "decontent" the RWD pure.

I frankly don't care about 0-60 time. Whether 4 seconds (my current Genesis GV60), 5 seconds or even 6 seconds it is fast enough to pull away from a stop light. I am actually more concerned about passing. will there be enough torque and HP to pass a driver pulling a trailer on a steep hill going 55 up the hill? A lot of electric cars are great pulling away (which is why they love to advertise that time) but often give up at higher speed.

Thanks. Clearly we don't know the HP and range. But we also don't know if they are going to further "decontent" the RWD pure.

I frankly don't care about 0-60 time. Whether 4 seconds (my current Genesis GV60), 5 seconds or even 6 seconds it is fast enough to pull away from a stop light. I am actually more concerned about passing. will there be enough torque and HP to pass a driver pulling a trailer on a steep hill going 55 up the hill? A lot of electric cars are great pulling away (which is why they love to advertise that time) but often give up at higher speed.
That's a valid concern, but given Lucid will very likely be using the same motor (just one instead of two) in the RWD Pure, I don't think it's going to give up anything at high speeds. On my Touring, it feels like it can endlessly pull right up into the triple digits (not that I've tested this, ahem). And others have reported the same on the AWD Pure. That little motor is truly remarkable.

That's a valid concern, but given Lucid will very likely be using the same motor (just one instead of two) in the RWD Pure, I don't think it's going to give up anything at high speeds. On my Touring, it feels like it can endlessly pull right up into the triple digits (not that I've tested this, ahem). And others have reported the same on the AWD Pure. That little motor is truly remarkable.
Yes...if it is allowed to be so.

I am pretty sure that the range of RWD air pure will be 400 and the acceleration will be be more then enough. I understand that not everyone can wait. If you are looking for a sedan under 90k on the road and you are grand fathered into the original 78k price of base pure awd, I really doubt that you will find a better value in a ev of this size. The closest I can think of in sedans is ioniq 6 and it is a smaller car with lesser range. Do look around but I suggest that you keep the deposit on base pure.

Back