Production capabilities

ralsagoff

Cars
Tesla Model S
While Lucid announces a new Sapphire model, it struggles to complete the GT orders and has yet to begin production of the Touring model. My order from 2021 remains just that. Meanwhile they are running out of cash and are trying to raise additional capital. It looks like the Saudis are not going to invest additional capital. Software issues continue to be a problem. Lucid has reduced projected 2022 output to 6k to 7k cars. In Q1 they produced 700 cars and delivered 360 to customers. It does not give any confidence that they will ever get to the Air production in 2023. So it’s time to hedge your bets by looking at the legacy car manufacturers that are really catching up on manufacturing EV cars. They have deep pockets and proven quality and technology. Sober up and get over your love affair with Lucid!

Thanks for the sage advice. I’ll see if I can go down and trade my GT in for a legacy auto maker car, said no Lucid owner ever.
If BMW had a 7 or 8 series EV with 1100HP, I would trade my DE in on it.

Thanks for the sage advice. I’ll see if I can go down and trade my GT in for a legacy auto maker car, said no Lucid owner ever.
Sorry to say but the salesman I am dealing with at one MB dealership near me said they will not take a Lucid as a trade in at this time.

While Lucid announces a new Sapphire model, it struggles to complete the GT orders and has yet to begin production of the Touring model. My order from 2021 remains just that. Meanwhile they are running out of cash and are trying to raise additional capital. It looks like the Saudis are not going to invest additional capital. Software issues continue to be a problem. Lucid has reduced projected 2022 output to 6k to 7k cars. In Q1 they produced 700 cars and delivered 360 to customers. It does not give any confidence that they will ever get to the Air production in 2023. So it’s time to hedge your bets by looking at the legacy car manufacturers that are really catching up on manufacturing EV cars. They have deep pockets and proven quality and technology. Sober up and get over your love affair with Lucid!
Why do people even post crap like this? If you’re not interested or against this type of car, simply leave this forum. It is negativity like this that makes the world worse. Wake up and realize how lucky you are to even consider cars in this class. Much of the world wonders where their next meal will come from. Nice knowing you, bye!

Why do people even post crap like this? If you’re not interested or against this type of car, simply leave this forum. It is negativity like this that makes the world worse. Wake up and realize how lucky you are to even consider cars in this class. Much of the world wonders where their next meal will come from. Nice knowing you, bye!
Great retort!!

Sorry to say but the salesman I am dealing with at one MB dealership near me said they will not take a Lucid as a trade in at this time.
What was the reason?

I'm puzzled since you wrote a lot/opined on a bunch of things - some all/most of us know; while other statements are ... opinions?

Do you even have a reservation? A confirmed reservation? I don't see you on the tracker. You state "order from 2021". Can you share what month? And what trim? And did you put your (non)refundable deposit (to avail the tax credit)?

Example: You quoted "It looks like the Saudis are not going to invest additional capital. "
Where did you get this information? Provide proof from a business / trusted source; not from a Tesla fan club.

You wrote "Sober up and get over your love affair with Lucid" ... Seriously? In a Lucid forums? What were you trying to accomplish? All Lucid owners, barring a few as reported, are thoroughly enjoying their driving experience; others, as seen here, are picking their cars & reporting back excellent interactions & driving experience on day 1.

Are you really invested in this? Or just trolling? If you don't like it, leave. Be a good sport and leave. This is NOT the company (forums nor the car) for you.

I think I saw him over on the puppy owners forum telling everyone how much their chocolate Labs suck.

Probably because the brand isn’t well known and no real secondhand inventory sales to know what to offer and what they can sell it for. If I owned a car business I wouldn’t take it either until the brand is more established.

Hate the company so much cancel your reservation. No one is forcing you to wait, take the vehicle and you’ll get a full refund on your $1000.

Seriously, for all those people who just post negative statements and have a reservation just CANCEL your reservation. No one is forcing you to buy a car if you’re not happy with the company. If you want to bitch and moan about how bad the company is, still keep your reservation and buy the car then you’re an idiot!

You own a Model S, just stick with your fully autonomous Tesla. Oh wait, that still hasn’t come yet after years of false promises. You Tesla fanboys really are one of a kind. So blind and loyal to Elon and feel the need to trash everything else. You cancelled your EQS apparently so just add Lucid to your cancellation list as well.

The dealership near me said they would be more than happy to compare the Lucid GT with the EQS AMG. I mentioned possibly trading based on the result. While I did not have an explicit yes or no, they seemed willing to follow along with that scenario. I will update once I receive mine and drag it over to the dealership to compare.

Hate the company so much cancel your reservation. No one is forcing you to wait, take the vehicle and you’ll get a full refund on your $1000.

Seriously, for all those people who just post negative statements and have a reservation just CANCEL your reservation. No one is forcing you to buy a car if you’re not happy with the company. If you want to bitch and moan about how bad the company is, still keep your reservation and buy the car then you’re an idiot!

You own a Model S, just stick with your fully autonomous Tesla. Oh wait, that still hasn’t come yet after years of false promises. You Tesla fanboys really are one of a kind. So blind and loyal to Elon and feel the need to trash everything else. You cancelled your EQS apparently so just add Lucid to your cancellation list as well.
Great response to the trasher!!!!

The dealership near me said they would be more than happy to compare the Lucid GT with the EQS AMG. I mentioned possibly trading based on the result. While I did not have an explicit yes or no, they seemed willing to follow along with that scenario. I will update once I receive mine and drag it over to the dealership to compare.
It is much easier and cheaper even if you forfeit the deposit to cancel and go get you the EQS now. Why wait?

It is much easier and cheaper even if you forfeit the deposit to cancel and go get you the EQS now. Why wait?
The Lucid Air is my preferred choice by a fairly wide margin. However, I like to be thorough when spending a significant amount of money. I already test drove the EQS 450+ to confirm it's not for me. A test drive in a Model 3 the same day reaffirmed my suspicions and dislikes of a Tesla.

The Lucid Air is my preferred choice by a fairly wide margin. However, I like to be thorough when spending a significant amount of money. I already test drove the EQS 450+ to confirm it's not for me. A test drive in a Model 3 the same day reaffirmed my suspicions and dislikes of a Tesla.
I'm assuming that means you test drove a Lucid then?

No, I am ordering one to test drive it via ownership. We have a trip for California plus a possible business trip to Tampa, FL. Maybe I will get the opportunity to test drive then. The nearest center is pretty far 250-300+ miles away.

Back