Problems, glitches, issues and observations etc

I don't get the hangup on this? Can Dolby be upscale and maintain quality? If not, wasn't it always the case that some Dolby source would always be required to have Dolby sound?

It's just frustrating to have a car advertised as having Dolby Atmos without the asterisk. You must in the current configuration have to subscribe to Tidal or Apple Music. That was left out. One more service to violate your privacy on the internet. Without functioning USB ports, will not have a way to download video to submit to insurance either. Spoke to SA on phone but we have all had or experience with uninformed SA. He made it seem as if there will be no way to change in OTA. Thus a hardware wiring decision.

It is terrible that so many companies are trying to get people to be attached to their cell phones. Privacy be damned.

Two got into the back of the service truck. I didn't tell the techs, though. Some things are best left unmentioned.
And they didn't notice!? Not noticing two alligators in the back of a service truck does not bode well for finding bugs. Bugs are absolutely minuscule compared to alligators!

So if Alexa is a real issue, why doesn’t Lucid just “install” Apple CarPlay as most other manufacturers have done. I loved it in my Porsche and Siri worked very well as did the various apps (eg Waze) available with it. I have no idea why Lucid decided to go with Alexa?? Also once CarPlay is installed then you can stream Apple Music directly and avoid the Bluetooth degradation Dawkta is concerned about.

Three questions:

1. We were on the main retail strip of U.S. Route 41 in Naples, a very heavily-developed commercial and residential area. Both my Verizon iPhone and a Google phone in the car were getting full signal strength bars. The Lucid was oscillating between one and zero bars. We were unable to use Alexa or the navigation system, although I had no trouble getting nav on my iPhone. Why is the car not getting any signal strength when cell phones are?

2. While still in the garage on the WiFi signal, I tried to use Alexa to enter a destination into the nav system. I said, "Alexa, navigate to 14848 Old 41 in Naples, Florida." Four times Alexa responded, "do you mean Buena Vista?" I continued by trying various ways to give the address (speaking digits individually, adding "Road" to "Old 41", saying "Old U.S. 41", etc.) Alexa either responded by asking for more information or giving us an address choice not remotely similar to what we were requesting. Our Tesla responds with almost 100% accuracy to addresses we give its nav system, so it's not a matter of my slight southern accent.

3. Finally giving up on Alexa, I manually keyed in the address to the car's Nav system. It immediately brought up the address at the top of the list. I selected that, the system brought up the route, and gave me a "Go" icon. I hit that and a route map came up. When we hit the first turn we were supposed to take, the Nav system gave no warning or instruction, either on the screen or via audio. We proceeded to the next point where an instruction should have been given and . . . crickets. Is the Nav system not yet activated?

So if Alexa is a real issue, why doesn’t Lucid just “install” Apple CarPlay as most other manufacturers have done. I loved it in my Porsche and Siri worked very well as did the various apps (eg Waze) available with it. I have no idea why Lucid decided to go with Alexa?? Also once CarPlay is installed then you can stream Apple Music directly and avoid the Bluetooth degradation Dawkta is concerned about.
didn't they say that Apple Carplay and Android auto are coming? they probably had to cut scope to deliver cars in 2021 and prioritized certain things over others.

1. Not sure about cell strength
2. Have you trained your voice in the Alexa app?
3. Nav turns have been working, mainly from audio queue. Don't think anything pops up on screen specifically since it just shows the route for the way I have it setup. Was your volume off?

didn't they say that Apple Carplay and Android auto are coming? they probably had to cut scope to deliver cars in 2021 and prioritized certain things over others.
Yes they did say that. They also said I would have my car by year end. Actually I’m glad they didn’t rush it. I’d be going crazy if I was having half the problems Hmp10 is having. Seems to me they should remove Alexa entirely now!

Three questions:

1. We were on the main retail strip of U.S. Route 41 in Naples, a very heavily-developed commercial and residential area. Both my Verizon iPhone and a Google phone in the car were getting full signal strength bars. The Lucid was oscillating between one and zero bars. We were unable to use Alexa or the navigation system, although I had no trouble getting nav on my iPhone. Why is the car not getting any signal strength when cell phones are?

2. While still in the garage on the WiFi signal, I tried to use Alexa to enter a destination into the nav system. I said, "Alexa, navigate to 14848 Old 41 in Naples, Florida." Four times Alexa responded, "do you mean Buena Vista?" I continued by trying various ways to give the address (speaking digits individually, adding "Road" to "Old 41", saying "Old U.S. 41", etc.) Alexa either responded by asking for more information or giving us an address choice not remotely similar to what we were requesting. Our Tesla responds with almost 100% accuracy to addresses we give its nav system, so it's not a matter of my slight southern accent.

3. Finally giving up on Alexa, I manually keyed in the address to the car's Nav system. It immediately brought up the address at the top of the list. I selected that, the system brought up the route, and gave me a "Go" icon. I hit that and a route map came up. When we hit the first turn we were supposed to take, the Nav system gave no warning or instruction, either on the screen or via audio. We proceeded to the next point where an instruction should have been given and . . . crickets. Is the Nav system not yet activated?
hmp10, could this all be related to the multitude of issues you seem to be facing? Is there any update on those? I believe you are back to square one with all the issues (frozen screens) you were facing after the first tech visit. Is there another visit scheduled?

Is there another visit scheduled?

Not yet. Lucid's HQ IT team is working up an approach to these problems, and the techs will come back to the house if the fixes cannot be done over the air.

Three questions:

:rolleyes:

Are the bars displayed the cars own cell or reading what your phone is supposed to have?

Last edited:
Three questions:

did someone confirm that Lucid uses Verizon's network and not AT&T or some random providers? this makes me wonder if offline navigation is even possible. some national parks in CA don't have good cell reception so i wonder if that's going to be a problem for Lucid's nav system.

:rolleyes:

Are the bars displayed the cars own cell or reading what your phone is supposed to have?

They are displaying the bars for the signal the car is receiving through its LTE connection. (My iPhone was displaying 4 bars at the time the car was displaying 1 or 0.)

Also, the Lucid failed to switch to the LTE signal when we got out of WiFi range. I had to go into the settings to turn off WiFi, at which point the car switched from the WiFi display to the LTE display. (The techs had had to do the same thing yesterday when they found the car was not automatically switching to a cell signal when out of range of WiFi.)

But we were in the garage with a strong WiFi signal when I was trying to get Alexa to program the nav destination. That was a failing of Alexa. However, we were out of range of the WiFi signal and were not receiving an LTE signal when the nav system failed to give us prompts for upcoming turns. So neither feature was working, each for its own reasons: Alexa because it can't understand voice commands, and the nav system because the car can't pick up cell phone signals.

We've been using nav systems in an array of cars for some years now. I know how to program them both by voice and by manual input in Hondas, Audis, Mercedes, Teslas, Subarus, VWs, etc. So I'm not a Luddite in this matter. The fact is that, right now in our Lucid, both Alexa voice commands and the native nav system are useless.

The address I mentioned earlier that I was trying to load into the nav system was the address of the radar/laser detector installer with whom I had an appointment for him to plan the installation. At one point he needed to check the Owner's Manual for something. Although the car screens had worked on the way up to his shop and continued to work as I took him through some features, as luck would have it, the Pilot Screen froze again just as we tried to open the Owner's Manual. The screen remained frozen even after attempting a soft reset.

At this point, there is no way we would put this car on the road for a significant trip -- something we had been planning to do for some time. Until these issues get fixed, it's a local errand runner only to places we already know how to get to.

Last edited:
They are displaying the bars for the signal the car is receiving through its LTE connection. (My iPhone was displaying 4 bars at the time the car was displaying 1 or 0.)

Also, the Lucid failed to switch to the LTE signal when we got out of WiFi range. I had to go into the settings to turn off WiFi, at which point the car switched from the WiFi display to the LTE display. (The techs had had to do the same thing yesterday when they found the car was not automatically switching to a cell signal when out of range of WiFi.)

But we were in the garage with a strong WiFi signal when I was trying to get Alexa to program the nav destination. That was a failing of Alexa. However, we were out of range of the WiFi signal and were not receiving an LTE signal when the nav system failed to give us prompts for upcoming turns. So neither feature was working, each for its own reasons: Alexa because it can't understand voice commands, and the nav system because the car can't pick up cell phone signals.

We've been using nav systems in an array of cars for some years now. I know how to program them both by voice and by manual input in Hondas, Audis, Mercedes, Teslas, Subarus, VWs, etc. So I'm not a Luddite in this matter. The fact is that, right now in our Lucid, both Alexa voice commands and the native nav system are useless.

The address I mentioned earlier that I was trying to load into the nav system was the address of the radar/laser detector installer with whom I had an appointment for him to plan the installation. At one point he needed to check the Owner's Manual for something. Although the car screens had worked on the way up to his shop and continued to work as I took him through some features, as luck would have it, the Pilot Screen froze again just as we tried to open the Owner's Manual. The screen remained frozen even after attempting a soft reset.

At this point, there is no way we would put this car on the road for a significant trip -- something we had been planning to do for some time. Until these issues get fixed, it's a local errand runner only to places we already know how to get to.

Let's hope for Android Auto, at least you can use Google on your phone. Not sure if CarPlay does the same thing. Looks like they should have gotten some interested people to sign NDA during development and ask from a consumer perspective what is important.

Let's hope for Android Auto, at least you can use Google on your phone. Not sure if CarPlay does the same thing. Looks like they should have gotten some interested people to sign NDA during development and ask from a consumer perspective what is important.

CarPlay does too. And yea, I think many of us are excited for when they release CarPlay / Android Auto.

I tried going into the Alexa app on my phone and couldn’t find a place where you can train it. But I did try to add my vehicle to it and this is the message I got:
ECAE6437-C9BC-4899-A021-C5EA8DAE8994.jpeg

Yes, I came across that Sunday evening when I was exploring the Alexa app and found the instruction to do so.

3. Nav turns have been working, mainly from audio queue. Don't think anything pops up on screen specifically since it just shows the route for the way I have it setup. Was your volume off?

My volume was turned up and mute was not engaged. I checked.

I pulled off the road and hit the Nav icon on the Glass Cockpit to try to program the address in again, but no menu for doing so or for exiting the Nav system came up. Nothing knowing what to do, I decided to take a pot shot and see if Alexa would cancel the nav destination. It worked. Thinking, "hey, Alexa's back" I tried to get Alexa to call up some music. It responded, "I cannot perform this task" -- perhaps because the car was receiving no internet signal from Wifi or LTE.

It responded, "I cannot perform this task" -- perhaps because the car was receiving no internet signal from Wifi or LTE.

Which would be awful. Nav. needs to be fully integrated into car with its own map system using the cars GPS. Should work with no cell signal and without a phone.

Which would be awful. Nav. needs to be fully integrated into car with its own map system using the cars GPS. Should work with no cell signal and without a phone.
Did I read something about HERE Technologies being the mapping supplier?

Back