Prices dropped again

I have a reservation for a pure, but am considering the Touring due to recent price cuts / offers.
One concern I have is what this means for the future of the company. I really don’t want to own a car from a manufacturer that is no longer in business.
The irony is not lost on me… the very price cuts that are making me consider a Touring are what are causing my concerns :)
I had same concerns, and i solved it by grabbing the very limited time 18-month lease deal that is heavily subsidized. Monthly payments on a Touring work out to LESS than payments of a Pure for 24 month or 36 months. Note that 18-month lease is only available on Touring or GT, not on Pure... they aren't promoting it heavily, it's called the "Bridge" lease and is intended to those with Gravity reservations to be able to lease a Touring or GT in the meantime... but there's no requirement to commit to a Gravity. Program available to anyone, for now. You have to find one available car, then go to price-calculator, then pick lease, then change it to 18-months. you'll see the monthly lease price drop below the "Lease available as low as $x per month" that they show on the first screen. It's quite a good deal.

With an 18-month lease, you can see how the company does and not risk a huge drop in resale value while you drive this great car.

I had same concerns, and i solved it by grabbing the very limited time 18-month lease deal that is heavily subsidized. Monthly payments on a Touring work out to LESS than payments of a Pure for 24 month or 36 months. Note that 18-month lease is only available on Touring or GT, not on Pure... they aren't promoting it heavily, it's called the "Bridge" lease and is intended to those with Gravity reservations to be able to lease a Touring or GT in the meantime... but there's no requirement to commit to a Gravity. Program available to anyone, for now. You have to find one available car, then go to price-calculator, then pick lease, then change it to 18-months. you'll see the monthly lease price drop below the "Lease available as low as $x per month" that they show on the first screen. It's quite a good deal.

With an 18-month lease, you can see how the company does and not risk a huge drop in resale value while you drive this great car.

One caveat, you have to skip DDP/SSP if you want one of the crazy good 18 month leases. Since DDP/SSP are not discounted for the lease, you end up in GT pricing if you add all the options in. $70 difference between loaded touring and a GT
1700512545151.png

1700512621584.png

Last edited:
One caveat, you have to skip DDP/SSP if you want one of the crazy good 18 month leases. Since DDP/SSP are not discounted for the lease, you end up in GT pricing if you add all the options in
Yes - the 18 month lease was quite tempting, and I considered it. I wanted the DDP & SSP and hence purchased it.

Everytime I see this thread get bumped my heart skips a beat. In my mind the price has to be down to like 60k just from seeing the title ever so often.

I go into a fight or flight response and prepare myself for the deluge of texts from friends who are too comfortable to be around.

I brace myself for the incoming of clown.gifs.

Where did you hear this? It's not true. It's actually the opposite. Mercedes EQE/EQS with msrp of $100-$130k are leasing for less than Lucid Pure($600-$900/month 0 down). BMW iX and Audi Q8 etron have $80-100k msrp and are also leasing for less than Lucid Pure too. ($700-$800/month 0 down)

Lucid Pure is about $1k with 0 down. So it's the lowest msrp car with the highest lease payment. That being said, the Lucid is a nicer car and MB/Audi/BMW have inflated msrps. I am willing to pay more for a Lucid than the above, but it's not accurate to say that the Lucid is cheaper by any means.
I do not think you are correct. both BMW and Mercedes has money factors much higher than Lucid. the Lucid lease should be lower with the same car price.

I do not think you are correct. both BMW and Mercedes has money factors much higher than Lucid. the Lucid lease should be lower with the same car price.
I don't think you fully understand how leases work. MF is ONE aspect of a lease. Cap Cost, Incentives, Residual value are the other components. MB/Audi/BMW have way more incentives and higher residual values than Lucid. May I direct you to the following site:
Mercedes EQ deals - Marketplace / California - FORUM | LEASEHACKR
1700512827623.png

Keep in mind, drive off and down payment are different. A $0 down lucid pure lease still requires a $3000 drive off. Which is equivalent to these Mercedes deals.

Everytime I see this thread get bumped my heart skips a beat. In my mind the price has to be down to like 60k just from seeing the title ever so often.

I go into a fight or flight response and prepare myself for the deluge of texts from friends who are too comfortable to be around.

I brace myself for the incoming of clown.gifs.

I delayed my delivery date to Dec 4th in case they have additional discounts in December lol. I would be happy if they would just give SSP/DDP for free with the leases as well. As of now, i'm planning to skip DDP, but in the back of my mind, it's pretty ridiculous to pay over $1000/month and not have lane keeping. I'm just not ready to pay an extra $200/month for it either.

I delayed my delivery date to Dec 4th in case they have additional discounts in December lol. I would be happy if they would just give SSP/DDP for free with the leases as well. As of now, I'm planning to skip DDP, but in the back of my mind, it's pretty ridiculous to pay over $1000/month and not have lane keeping. I'm just not ready to pay an extra $200/month for it either.
My guess there will be additional incentives but for purchase only not leases to push the delivery number higher before the end of the year. By that time all 20023 Pures AWD with DDP and SSP will accounted for. It took a while to secure my specific specification: 2023 Pure AWD, 19 inch, fathom blue, DDP and SSP and it was only possible because the transaction fell through for another potential buyer.

It’s kind of unbelievable that 360 parking view and the blind spot cameras are locked behind DD PRO for $9k. They really need to rethink that package. IMO everything in there is free with a Tesla or Hyundai/Kia. BMW charges maybe $2-$3k for all of those features.

It’s kind of unbelievable that 360 parking view and the blind spot cameras are locked behind DD PRO for $9k. They really need to rethink that package. IMO everything in there is free with a Tesla or Hyundai/Kia. BMW charges maybe $2-$3k for all of those features.
Tesla doesn't have true 360 parking view. Their blind spot camera display is in what most people would consider the wrong place, and they lack indicators on the mirrors or A pillars. Practically speaking, Lucid has much better blind spot indicators and blind spot cameras if you have them. Given a choice between Tesla's cameras and Lucid's indicator on the mirrors, I think that most people would do better with Lucid's.

Tesla's lack of 360 didn't bother me so much once they added automatic parking. Originally, the rear camera view had nothing showing you the projected path either, and the lack of all three plus a fish eye effect didn't make for easy parking. Overall, I'd say that Lucid is better even on the base level than that, and if you go for the high end from Lucid vs the high end from Tesla, Lucid is still better.

Tesla doesn't have true 360 parking view. Their blind spot camera display is in what most people would consider the wrong place, and they lack indicators on the mirrors or A pillars. Practically speaking, Lucid has much better blind spot indicators and blind spot cameras if you have them. Given a choice between Tesla's cameras and Lucid's indicator on the mirrors, I think that most people would do better with Lucid's.

Tesla's lack of 360 didn't bother me so much once they added automatic parking. Originally, the rear camera view had nothing showing you the projected path either, and the lack of all three plus a fish eye effect didn't make for easy parking. Overall, I'd say that Lucid is better even on the base level than that, and if you go for the high end from Lucid vs the high end from Tesla, Lucid is still better.
Tesla has auto tilt for the mirrors when reversing and cameras that point down at the rear wheels included for free. I think that mostly mitigates the need for 360 cam. I don’t think you get either of those with Lucid. Tesla has blind spot cameras as well, but I never liked them. I find it distracting. BSM is good enough for me

Tesla has auto tilt for the mirrors when reversing and cameras that point down at the rear wheels included for free. I think that mostly mitigates the need for 360 cam. I don’t think you get either of those with Lucid. Tesla has blind spot cameras as well, but I never liked them. I find it distracting. BSM is good enough for me
I didn’t think I’d need a 360 overview in my life until I had Lucid’s. I can’t go back.

I didn’t think I’d need a 360 overview in my life until I had Lucid’s. I can’t go back.
Yea, I like it, but I don’t like it for $9k haha. There’s also no inventory cars with DD Premium, so I have to live without it haha

I don't think you fully understand how leases work. MF is ONE aspect of a lease. Cap Cost, Incentives, Residual value are the other components. MB/Audi/BMW have way more incentives and higher residual values than Lucid. May I direct you to the following site:
Mercedes EQ deals - Marketplace / California - FORUM | LEASEHACKR
View attachment 16520

Keep in mind, drive off and down payment are different. A $0 down lucid pure lease still requires a $3000 drive off. Which is equivalent to these Mercedes deals.
Hi Momo3605,

I know how leases work very well. The residual % on a i7 is about 53% for 3 years. The Mercedes is even lower. So the residual is all about the same. Lucid has a significant MF incentive. I looked at the BMW i7, the Mercedes EQS and Lucid and compared the leases of all three. The calculation obviously is dependent on the price of the car. But Lucid had better lease rates for the same purchase price.

The $3k down on a lease for Lucid is because Bank of America is handling the transaction and they want to see us pay for the $995 lease origination fee, licensing fees, taxes on the $7,500 and first lease payment.

I will take a look at the website you quoted. If you want to compare a specific model with a specific Lucid let’s do it. We may all learn something from it.

If you want to compare a specific model with a specific Lucid let’s do it.
I even posted a screenshot. Let's do it. I posted an EQS 580 with $140k msrp for $900/month with tax/fees at signing. Please find me a $140k Lucid Air GT at the same lease payment.

I'll even spare you the trouble. A Lucid Air GT with $3k of taxes/fees at signing is $1500/month. A $110k Touring is also more expensive at $1300/month.

Again, i'm not arguing for the sake of MB or BMW, I am fully Team Lucid, but the leases are not as incentivized as the germans.

Last edited:
Well, you should not compare MSRP with the price of a Lucid. Weren’t the original AGTs like 160k? Let’s talk about the actual price of the car. So the eqs 580 is at what price?

Well, you should not compare MSRP with the price of a Lucid. Weren’t the original AGTs like 160k? Let’s talk about the actual price of the car. So the eqs 580 is at what price?

You have to use the MSRP of both cars today or else the comparison becomes messy. The residual value is tied to MSRP. The 53% you mention on the i7 is based off it's MSRP. If you consider that the i7 can be had for example, with a 10% discount + $9900 incentives, then that residual percentage becomes much higher (hence the cheaper lease). You can't have it both ways.

Also, Lucid's RV for 3 year lease is 46% so it's lower than both MB and BMW, and since there are no discounts, the payments are higher

My Lucid RV for 3 years was 51%. Yes, I get the MSRP Calc on the residual. But, if you can buy the car much cheaper it’s an issue. Let’s do the exact Calc. Do you have all the info on that MB 580?

Touring and GT were way overpriced. I suspect RWD Pure will drop 5k to 72k and they will introduce base Gravity at 80k.

I disagree GT and Touring were overpriced. The macroeconomics condition is different 2022 vs post-Covid 2023. And we have market leader Tesla can dictate the price movement based on the real-time gauge of demand curve. In face, Tesla is starting to raise price again in China for M3 after all the autos are dropping prices.

Back