Prices dropped again

I think that if you are looking to buy a Lucid, you are probably someone with some excess cash and interest in taking a risk on a new car manufacturer. Given that, most decide to spend a little more and get some additional options. I got the touring because the price difference was about $25k from the Touring.

I absolutely agree. I think most people who are considering Lucid are ones who are looking into MB/BMW/Audi type, who has certain financial cushion and don’t mind to pay to have something a little better if they want to hold something longer term for being financially responsible and not wasteful. Therefore, making decision is not lightly and shopping numbers for comparison.

They’re definitely working on a trade in program. I have not the faintest idea of when that will come out though, not even in terms of a rough estimate.

I sure do hope that trade-in program will be available next year when Gravity is out. When we were called on our Pure order in April, we were weighing on convenience to be able to trade in Polestar2 for Pure. That option wasn’t there and also used car market was hit quite hard on EV market price correction after Tesla waged price war. So we decided to pass that order and wait for Gravity.

Lucid will absolutely eventually have a trade-in program. It’s a huge potential money maker.

If they buy your Touring and put you into a GT, they now have a more affordable Touring they can sell to someone who was on the fence about a new one but hesitant due to price. Two Lucids on the road instead of one.

If they take a Model S or a Mercedes or BMW off your hands, they can also easily turn around and sell that for some quick cash.

Auto dealers make very good money doing this. They have much better contacts and resources for selling vehicles than the average person. And relationships with banks.

Of course, Lucid doesn't have dealerships, so I don't know how that would effect the overall process. But I'd be shocked if they don't start doing trade-ins within the next year or so.
More purchasing options will put more Lucid EVs on the road for brand awareness. I would hope they have trade-in option program and reduce a little of advertising expenses. Just personal thought.

Reactions: DBV
I sure do hope that trade-in program will be available next year when Gravity is out. When we were called on our Pure order in April, we were weighing on convenience to be able to trade in Polestar2 for Pure. That option wasn’t there and also used car market was hit quite hard on EV market price correction after Tesla waged price war. So we decided to pass that order and wait for Gravity.
It is amazing how hard the EV used market has been hit now. I think very few used EV’s are moving now, unless at steep discounts. It sounds like new EV’s are not moving that well either now. Tough market and guess that is why GM and others are hitting the pause button or really slowing down expanding EV’s.

Rumor has it that any luxury brand, ICE or EV, will get the credit. Weird that Lucid considers Tesla a luxury brand but I guess they have to in this situation.
I think Model-S and Model-X can be considered luxury, a modern minimalist luxury.

Model-3 and Model-Y are just tech-premium, I cannot bear how people can relate them as luxury products.

It is amazing how hard the EV used market has been hit now. I think very few used EV’s are moving now, unless at steep discounts. It sounds like new EV’s are not moving that well either now. Tough market and guess that is why GM and others are hitting the pause button or really slowing down expanding EV’s.
As someone about to purchase a replacement Lucid, there are practically zero 2023 Lucid GTs on the market. 2022 is a different story, but the inventory is shockingly small.

Where did you hear this? It's not true. It's actually the opposite. Mercedes EQE/EQS with msrp of $100-$130k are leasing for less than Lucid Pure($600-$900/month 0 down). BMW iX and Audi Q8 etron have $80-100k msrp and are also leasing for less than Lucid Pure too. ($700-$800/month 0 down)

Lucid Pure is about $1k with 0 down. So it's the lowest msrp car with the highest lease payment. That being said, the Lucid is a nicer car and MB/Audi/BMW have inflated msrps. I am willing to pay more for a Lucid than the above, but it's not accurate to say that the Lucid is cheaper by any means.

I have not shopped those cars recently... When I was in the market last August everything I looked at had higher drive-off and much less attractive lease rates.. I looked at Taycan and 8 series BMW and they were much much higher...Never even considered the MB, and I think BMW Ix looks like an ugly over-styled toaster oven, so never had interest. IMO, not comparable to a Lucid. Note that the lease rates you posted are 7500 mile a year too,

GM and Ford have too many inventory cars in dealers’ parking lots. This UAW 2 months long strike actually helped legacy autos with narrative of holding back production and breaking new factory ground because of that cause. I personally think the timing of UAW was orchestrated. Consequently, traditional automakers don’t have to answer to Wall Street that they failed to deliver on weak demand, but rather using excuse of an acceptable unplanned UAW sabotage and rising labor cost. Sadly, Tesla created this situation by attacking market share with their EV manufacturing efficiency superiority margin. Traditional autos just play back, “you go electrify yourself, we make money with out higher margin ICE.” Tesla benefits if whole industry all going for electrification, instead of doing it itself. Just 1~2 major EV players cannot move the transition needle fast enough.

As someone about to purchase a replacement Lucid, there are practically zero 2023 Lucid GTs on the market. 2022 is a different story, but the inventory is shockingly small.

I wasn’t able to get in Dream Edition and settled for GT. Demand > Supply. This year is different story.

I even posted a screenshot. Let's do it. I posted an EQS 580 with $140k msrp for $900/month with tax/fees at signing. Please find me a $140k Lucid Air GT at the same lease payment.

I'll even spare you the trouble. A Lucid Air GT with $3k of taxes/fees at signing is $1500/month. A $110k Touring is also more expensive at $1300/month.

Again, i'm not arguing for the sake of MB or BMW, I am fully Team Lucid, but the leases are not as incentivized as the germans.

Sometimes what dealers advertise ridiculous rate is to get you in the door first. Then they start play scare tactic to sell you extended warranty, other maintenance coverage, upgrades and scheduled service to offset that ridiculous deal. But with Lucid website, no surprises, what you see is what you get. You don’t get bait into dealership with ridiculous programs, then you play their game of sitting in the office waiting drama “mmmm… I don’t know about that promo, let me check with my manager.” “My manager said there is misunderstanding, but he can check with his manager.” “by the way, we just terminated that program, but advertising agency forgot to taken down for website.” “If you cannot buy this promo, may I introduce you something a little less to entice you?” BLAH BLAH BLAH…

I have not shopped those cars recently... When I was in the market last August everything I looked at had higher drive-off and much less attractive lease rates.. I looked at Taycan and 8 series BMW and they were much much higher...Never even considered the MB, and I think BMW Ix looks like an ugly over-styled toaster oven, so never had interest. IMO, not comparable to a Lucid. Note that the lease rates you posted are 7500 mile a year too,
After I posted this I did a quick web search o EQS leases and came up with something much different than described earlier
I don't think you fully understand how leases work. MF is ONE aspect of a lease. Cap Cost, Incentives, Residual value are the other components. MB/Audi/BMW have way more incentives and higher residual values than Lucid. May I direct you to the following site:
Mercedes EQ deals - Marketplace / California - FORUM | LEASEHACKR
View attachment 16520

Keep in mind, drive off and down payment are different. A $0 down lucid pure lease still requires a $3000 drive off. Which is equivalent to these Mercedes deals.

Wow... This is what I just found. Much different info than you posted... Where did you get those prices?? It looks like your info is from Lease Hacker site ? Prefer to see real dealer ads, such as this one I just foundL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 4.32.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 4.32.58 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
After I posted this I did a quick web search o EQS leases and came up with something much different than described earlier

Wow... This is what I just found. Much different info than you posted... Where did you get those prices??

There always missing catch…. 😉

There are actually quite a few 2023 Lucid GT’s on the new market if you like Cosmos Silver and Quantum Gray and like you said 2022 GT’s too. I take it you don’t want one of those colors. They seem to just sit, which is odd, as I really like both of those colors. 🙂

There are actually quite a few 2023 Lucid GT’s on the new market if you like Cosmos Silver and Quantum Gray and like you said 2022 GT’s too. I take it you don’t want one of those colors. They seem to just sit, which is odd, as I really like both of those colors. 🙂
By new, I imagine you mean existing inventory. I was hoping for the ever elusive Zenith Red and Tahoe. Wife and I have settled on a few alternatives just in case (note the word settled).

If the used market is anything to judge, Lucid is doing quite stellar if people aren't willing to sell them. 22' is a different beast. The incentives are stellar right now to purchase a Lucid as well.

By new, I imagine you mean existing inventory. I was hoping for the ever elusive Zenith Red and Tahoe. Wife and I have settled on a few alternatives just in case (note the word settled).

If the used market is anything to judge, Lucid is doing quite stellar if people aren't willing to sell them. 22' is a different beast. The incentives are stellar right now to purchase a Lucid as well.
Nice - that is a great color. Hope you find a new one.

Used market in my area is bad for any EV, including Lucid. I don’t think hardly any used EV’s are moving. People are probably not willing to sell them, as new inventory Lucid’s are much cheaper than they were just months ago, so would be drastically lower than what they paid. Would be hard to buy a used Lucid, when newer ones are better deals in most cases.

In the same situation myself, what are your alternatives?

Wow... This is what I just found. Much different info than you posted... Where did you get those prices?? It looks like your info is from Lease Hacker site ? Prefer to see real dealer ads, such as this one I just foundL

The whole point of leasehackr is to avoid the typical dealer BS. I’ve leased many cars from dealers there that post firm deals and no bs. Anyway whatever, if you guys don’t want to do real research and just assume everything else is more expensive, go for it.

The whole point of leasehackr is to avoid the typical dealer BS. I’ve leased many cars from dealers there that post firm deals and no bs. Anyway whatever, if you guys don’t want to do real research and just assume everything else is more expensive, go for it.
Wow.. Don't think we want to be contentious, but rather than being negative towards others who doubt your posted deals, I suggest some current research at MB dealer sites on new stock... You want me to believe a Lease Hacker screen shot or real dealer promotional deals? This is current active promo lease here.. Not remotely close to your suggestion of no drive offs with low low prices...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 9.27.44 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 9.27.44 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Wow.. Don't think we want to be contentious, but rather than being negative towards others who doubt your posted deals, I suggest some current research at MB dealer sites on new stock... You want me to believe a Lease Hacker screen shot or real dealer promotional deals? This is current active promo lease here.. Not remotely close to your suggestion of no drive offs with low low prices...
He has a point, the EQS is commonly leasing for much lower than that.

An advantage of the older dealer model means you can negotiate far below the actual listed price, it isnt like lucid where prices are final as shown on the website.

Dealers lie and don’t ever show you the lowest price possible. Obviously this is a problem with legacy automakers and dealer mentality. Those leasehackr posts are real dealer promotional deals. What you see on dealer websites is much higher. If you contact them and negotiate, they will lower the price, but dealers that post on leasehackr just post the lowest possible price with no negotiation. It allows you to skip dealer BS and having to negotiate.

Reactions: DBV
Back