Prices dropped again

For those interested, the Pure in the dark gray really is fantastic. I was stunned at the quality and look as I peered into the windows of one at the Richmond service center. Old pricing was still a steal for such a vehicle. New prices are outright robbery for such a vehicle.
Wait, but they went back to the old prices. The pure was absolutely not worth 88k, I agree.

Wait, so just with... any car? Or only EVs?
Rumor has it that any luxury brand, ICE or EV, will get the credit. Weird that Lucid considers Tesla a luxury brand but I guess they have to in this situation.

Devil's advocate: but the Y price also went down, what's the delta now, 30k?

But I'd take the lucid day in and out. If I wanted to save I'd probably get an Ioniq 5/6 or ev6. Teslas just doesn't do it for me :)
I just priced the Y we would get today at $69k all in. Today's delta is $20k.

You are comparing two cars that are completely different from each other.

Yes, and if you are so bent on comparing the air to the y why the touring instead of the pure?

That's what he was comparing, not up to us to say he's wrong. It's pros and cons personalized to each person. I don't think it's wrong to compare two radically different cars when car shopping. His criteria may have been "EV" and if the delta of 20k would make him pick one over another based on his individual priorities.

That's what he was comparing, not up to us to say he's wrong. It's pros and cons personalized to each person. I don't think it's wrong to compare two radically different cars when car shopping. His criteria may have been "EV" and if the delta of 20k would make him pick one over another based on his individual priorities.
You may recall that I didn’t tell him what he should or shouldn’t do. I simply stated that the Y and Air are two completely different cars.

Exactly. Our criteria were: EV, high range, easy to get kids in and out of the back, fits in our garage, like how it looks, cost, ability to get golf clubs and strollers in it. Basically no other sedans met the space criteria, and most of the traditional manufacturers wouldn't meet the range criteria. So it kind of came down to those two cars as the right ones for a family with two babies on the way in 2024!

I think the comment that the cars are different is irrelevant to the discussion, which was meant as a "Look, here's how the price dropping swayed a buyer between his final two choices."

How are you getting to $69k? A model Y performance is $52k…DDPRO is equivalent to free autopilot. FSD is a just a money grab scheme

I bought my GT at 95k and it keeps going down but that’s how depreciation works so I am not too surprised.

I did lease mine with free SS Pro and free DD Pro and a 0% interest rate. I felt it was a better deal than just buying it in cash and less risk for me if the car does devalue a lot. I plan to buy it out at the end of the three-year lease unless the resale value is lower than the residual.
We did the same thing leased s couple of weeks ago and thought the lease was a great deal.

I have a reservation for a pure, but am considering the Touring due to recent price cuts / offers.
One concern I have is what this means for the future of the company. I really don’t want to own a car from a manufacturer that is no longer in business.
The irony is not lost on me… the very price cuts that are making me consider a Touring are what are causing my concerns :)

I have a reservation for a pure, but am considering the Touring due to recent price cuts / offers.
One concern I have is what this means for the future of the company. I really don’t want to own a car from a manufacturer that is no longer in business.
The irony is not lost on me… the very price cuts that are making me consider a Touring are what are causing my concerns :)
If price cuts are your only concern, then every manufacturer will be out of business 😁. This is also a joke. Please look at the company overall and perform your own risk assessment.

Could always do a lease as a bit of a hedge. If the value of the car tanks you'd still be able to give it back at the end of the lease instead of being on the hook for loss of value.

I thought about the same thing, as I'd been considering one for most of summer, and pulled the trigger officially this weekend, and should take delivery in a week or two.

I did my own evaluation and looked at history and checked things out, and came to a couple likely conclusions:
1. The PIF money gives a preeeeeetty long runway
2. The engineering tech is so good (e.g., drivetrain) that this isn't a company that goes under even in the worst case. I think it's a lot more likely they get bought if things go super south
3. I think the timeline for this stuff is 5+ years away, and I expect to own the car for 10.

So I ended up feeling pretty comfortable.

I thought about the same thing, as I'd been considering one for most of summer, and pulled the trigger officially this weekend, and should take delivery in a week or two.

I did my own evaluation and looked at history and checked things out, and came to a couple likely conclusions:
1. The PIF money gives a preeeeeetty long runway
2. The engineering tech is so good (e.g., drivetrain) that this isn't a company that goes under even in the worst case. I think it's a lot more likely they get bought if things go super south
3. I think the timeline for this stuff is 5+ years away, and I expect to own the car for 10.

So I ended up feeling pretty comfortable.
Thanks, @Instinctive. I think so too and that’s making me more comfortable to move forward.

Man, I really hope these deals help them move cars. As much as I'm partially salty about the deals being offered (and the fact that I had no idea DD Prem existed as an option, for which I would have absolutely plunked $2K down for those camera views), I ultimately want the company to thrive. As explainable as it is, the delta between how the company's performance and its cars performance is absurd, which gives me hope for things to come as well. Also, I still think my 0% interest/$0 down lease on a 36m Pure AWD is a great deal (especially with the 3 years of EA included), so ultimately the more Lucidites (that doesn't sound good) the merrier!

And, the notion of a trade-in program down the road to upgrade to a better sound system, camera setup, leg extenders, ventilated seats, and more power/range is pretty enticing as well (though I think I'm sold on the longevity of purelux).

Will be very interesting to see if/how their SUV entering the market changes things, since selling only a sedan in this country is unsurprisingly challenging (though I'm personally glad that was their decision). Also will be interesting to see how Fisker does since their (present day) initial car is exactly what the public wants, and frankly what I'd be considering as a second car if I needed one. Either way, hoping to see some new enthusiast bottom-scrapers like myself join the forum in the coming months 🤞

Man, I really hope these deals help them move cars. As much as I'm partially salty about the deals being offered (and the fact that I had no idea DD Prem existed as an option, for which I would have absolutely plunked $2K down for those camera views), I ultimately want the company to thrive. As explainable as it is, the delta between how the company's performance and its cars performance is absurd, which gives me hope for things to come as well. Also, I still think my 0% interest/$0 down lease on a 36m Pure AWD is a great deal (especially with the 3 years of EA included), so ultimately the more Lucidites (that doesn't sound good) the merrier!

And, the notion of a trade-in program down the road to upgrade to a better sound system, camera setup, leg extenders, ventilated seats, and more power/range is pretty enticing as well (though I think I'm sold on the longevity of purelux).

Will be very interesting to see if/how their SUV entering the market changes things, since selling only a sedan in this country is unsurprisingly challenging (though I'm personally glad that was their decision). Also will be interesting to see how Fisker does since their (present day) initial car is exactly what the public wants, and frankly what I'd be considering as a second car if I needed one. Either way, hoping to see some new enthusiast bottom-scrapers like myself join the forum in the coming months 🤞
I am in same position as you... if I know I could hav gotten DD Premium with camera views for a few dollars more I would have done so... That said, the lease deals right now are quite exceptional.. You cannot least a 60k BMW, MB or Audi for same payment I have on my Pure, and they would all want 6-8 k cap reduction too.. I think Lucid should be promoting the lease deals to wider audience... It is a bargain for a car of this caliber.

Finally pulled the trigger and purchased a Touring. Stellar White with Santa Cruz interior, DD Pro and SS Pro. Opted for the 19" wheels instead of 20".
I owned a 2018 Model S for a few years before it was declared a total loss (not my fault, and thankfully no injuries).
I must say that the interiors of the Air Touring are much much nicer and luxurious. Loving thae car so far and yet to explore and learn all features

You cannot least a 60k BMW, MB or Audi for same payment I have on my Pure, and they would all want 6-8 k cap reduction too.. I think Lucid should be promoting the lease deals to wider audience...

Where did you hear this? It's not true. It's actually the opposite. Mercedes EQE/EQS with msrp of $100-$130k are leasing for less than Lucid Pure($600-$900/month 0 down). BMW iX and Audi Q8 etron have $80-100k msrp and are also leasing for less than Lucid Pure too. ($700-$800/month 0 down)

Lucid Pure is about $1k with 0 down. So it's the lowest msrp car with the highest lease payment. That being said, the Lucid is a nicer car and MB/Audi/BMW have inflated msrps. I am willing to pay more for a Lucid than the above, but it's not accurate to say that the Lucid is cheaper by any means.

Back