• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Prices dropped again

Yes, and we should be helping Lucid and not individual parties. I prefer to trade it in and for Lucid to get another sale - the loss is still going to be the same. I hope they do come up with a trade in program. Lucid can then figure out how to sell used cars or sell them to Hertz!
They’re definitely working on a trade in program. I have not the faintest idea of when that will come out though, not even in terms of a rough estimate.

Not really. Selling it and buying a used GT would cost, of course, but the “loss” would not be particularly high since you’d be buying a depreciated car anyway.
Ah, I thought we were talking about buying a new GT. That would actually be a good strategy, the prices of tourings and GT's are not far away. You wouldnt be supporting the company then, however.

Ah, I thought we were talking about buying a new GT. That would actually be a good strategy, the prices of tourings and GT's are not far away. You wouldnt be supporting the company then, however.
I figured you missed the word “used,” no worries.

But yes, it would not meet their second criteria

Haha yes I meant buy a used GT. You'll just lose the free EA charging?

Lucid now offers $2000 Conquest money towards your Lucid purchase if you own a Tesla and buy a Lucid. Only purchases count and not leases.

Lucid now offers $2000 Conquest money towards your Lucid purchase if you own a Tesla and buy a Lucid. Only purchases count and not leases.
Where did you hear about this deal? Do you have any more details?

Where did you hear about this deal? Do you have any more details?
My contact I have been working with at Lucid let me know this morning and also read about it on Reddit. I don’t have anymore details, other than providing verification that you own a Tesla.

My contact I have been working with at Lucid let me know this morning and also read about it on Reddit. I don’t have anymore details, other than providing verification that you own a Tesla.
Wait, you have a contact working at Lucid? Spill future model details!

Wait, you have a contact working at Lucid? Spill future model details!
I don’t - wish I did though. Haha. My contact I have been working with getting a Lucid. Not sure the appropriate title - Sales Advisor. All - I know is he is outstanding and always does an awesome job.

I don’t - wish I did though. Haha. My contact I have been working with getting a Lucid. Not sure the appropriate title - Sales Advisor. All - I know is he is outstanding and always does an awesome job.
Ah yes, that would be the SA. Unrelated, but the DA is what comes after you confirm.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but did Lucid not state that existing reservations would be cancelled after 11/1?

Ah yes, that would be the SA. Unrelated, but the DA is what comes after you confirm.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but did Lucid not state that existing reservations would be cancelled after 11/1?
I am not sure on existing reservations.

Lucid will absolutely eventually have a trade-in program. It’s a huge potential money maker.

If they buy your Touring and put you into a GT, they now have a more affordable Touring they can sell to someone who was on the fence about a new one but hesitant due to price. Two Lucids on the road instead of one.

If they take a Model S or a Mercedes or BMW off your hands, they can also easily turn around and sell that for some quick cash.

Auto dealers make very good money doing this. They have much better contacts and resources for selling vehicles than the average person. And relationships with banks.

Of course, Lucid doesn't have dealerships, so I don't know how that would effect the overall process. But I'd be shocked if they don't start doing trade-ins within the next year or so.

ugh none of the rebates apply to leases. No air credit, no pro credit, no conquest credit...

I can confirm this is in fact, true!

ugh none of the rebates apply to leases. No air credit, no pro credit, no conquest credit...
I did lease mine with free SS Pro and free DD Pro and a 0% interest rate. I felt it was a better deal than just buying it in cash and less risk for me if the car does devalue a lot. I plan to buy it out at the end of the three-year lease unless the resale value is lower than the residual.

I did lease mine with free SS Pro and free DD Pro and a 0% interest rate. I felt it was a better deal than just buying it in cash and less risk for me if the car does devalue a lot. I plan to buy it out at the end of the three-year lease unless the resale value is lower than the residual.

How did you get free SS pro and free DD pro? I noticed that the free Pro stuff is only available with purchasing...lease price jumps up by a couple hundred dollars when you add SS/DD Pro

How did you get free SS pro and free DD pro? I noticed that the free Pro stuff is only available with purchasing...lease price jumps up by a couple hundred dollars when you add SS/DD Pro
You are correct. The lease deal was 11,900 for both SS pro and DD pro less $7,500 credit. So I paid $4,400 for both. Well worth it.

What are you trying to lease? If you want a Touring with SSP/DDP, then you are almost better of to do a 18 mos lease on a GT. It is very close on a 18 mos lease.

What are you trying to lease? If you want a Touring with SSP/DDP, then you are almost better of to do a 18 mos lease on a GT. It is very close on a 18 mos lease.

A base Touring leases for like $1100 with 0 down, but once you add SSP/DDP it gets really close to GT price ($1300-$1400). I'm ok with the budget for a Touring, but i can't imagine paying that much and not having basic driver assist features, and having to deal with a crappy audio system. Even with a $40k model 3, you get premium audio and autopilot which are fantastic.

According to C&D, both AT and AGT have the same 0-60, and i noticed that the GT i test drove didn't feel like 800hp...they must be limiting the torque output in the lower speed band. The GT doesn't seem worth the extra money for me personally.

Reactions: DBV
Back