• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Prices dropped again

A base Touring leases for like $1100 with 0 down, but once you add SSP/DDP it gets really close to GT price ($1300-$1400). I'm ok with the budget for a Touring, but i can't imagine paying that much and not having basic driver assist features, and having to deal with a crappy audio system. Even with a $40k model 3, you get premium audio and autopilot which are fantastic.

According to C&D, both AT and AGT have the same 0-60, and i noticed that the GT i test drove didn't feel like 800hp...they must be limiting the torque output in the lower speed band. The GT doesn't seem worth the extra money for me personally.
The main benefit of the GT is the extra 80 miles of range you get.

I would not get the touring or Pure without SS pro. It is a big difference. The best features we actually use on the DD pro are the blind spot cameras every time you flip the turn signal, and the 360 view for parking. I use these everyday. So if you get the touring, my suggestion is to get SSPro and dd pro.

it will be about $25k cheaper to buy than the GT or about $200 a month cheaper on a lease.

I did lease mine with free SS Pro and free DD Pro and a 0% interest rate. I felt it was a better deal than just buying it in cash and less risk for me if the car does devalue a lot. I plan to buy it out at the end of the three-year lease unless the resale value is lower than the residual.
Same here, the 0 percent and 7500 pass through credit sealed the deal for leasing for me, with option to buy at the end vs give to the bank if lucid is still struggling in 3y. The current financing deals seem to be the same as the lease deal I got (7500 off or more but not 0 percent) so no regrets.

Only regret was I should've gotten SS pro. I'm not an audiophile and am ok with a normal sound system, I am not ok with this mediocre non pro one :). I got DD premium as it has all I needed and I didn't trust autonomous features will be ready anytime soon.

Still love the car.

Touring and GT were way overpriced. I suspect RWD Pure will drop 5k to 72k and they will introduce base Gravity at 80k.
I respectfully disagree with you. Compare Lucid to Audi, Porsche, and Mercedes EV’s. The GT and Touring compete head on with those products priced $100-150k. If the Gravity would wear a Mercedes badge it would be priced at $110-130k without a doubt. Musk started the price war trying to maximize market share with old product and the industry is getting duped into following Tesla down market. I vaguely remember something about this type of pricing behavior in micro-economics. Isn’t it called the prisoner’s dilemma? I think I just sucks profit out of the entire industry but not much else changes. Lucid has high manufacturing costs compared to Tesla due to scale and product complexity. Lucid cannot compete on price (cost) and expect to reach breakeven.

I respectfully disagree with you. Compare Lucid to Audi, Porsche, and Mercedes EV’s. The GT and Touring compete head on with those products priced $100-150k. If the Gravity would wear a Mercedes badge it would be priced at $110-130k without a doubt. Musk started the price war trying to maximize market share with old product and the industry is getting duped into following Tesla down market. I vaguely remember something about this type of pricing behavior in micro-economics. Isn’t it called the prisoner’s dilemma? I think I just sucks profit out of the entire industry but not much else changes. Lucid has high manufacturing costs compared to Tesla due to scale and product complexity. Lucid cannot compete on price (cost) and expect to reach breakeven.
I agree, I think the lucid is priced fairly for the quality and refinement. The ones that need to follow Tesla are Hyundai, Kia, Ford, etc…they’re putting out economy car EVs for $60-$70k and they can’t move inventory anymore.

The main benefit of the GT is the extra 80 miles of range you get.

I would not get the touring or Pure without SS pro. It is a big difference. The best features we actually use on the DD pro are the blind spot cameras every time you flip the turn signal, and the 360 view for parking. I use these everyday. So if you get the touring, my suggestion is to get SSPro and dd pro.

it will be about $25k cheaper to buy than the GT or about $200 a month cheaper on a lease.

It’s kind of unbelievable that 360 parking view and the blind spot cameras are locked behind DD PRO for $9k. They really need to rethink that package. IMO everything in there is free with a Tesla or Hyundai/Kia. BMW charges maybe $2-$3k for all of those features.

I’d argue even SS PRO could be overpriced when other luxury EVs like Rivian and Tesla S give premium audio for free, but compared to legacy automakers, $3k is kinda normal for premium sound system, so I wouldn’t mind paying for that.

Problem is since I’m looking to lease, DD PRO and SS PRO add a lot of cost. It’s great that they are free when purchasing

It’s kind of unbelievable that 360 parking view and the blind spot cameras are locked behind DD PRO for $9k.
Yes. That is unbelievable. Because it isn’t true.

DDPremium is $2k.

It’s kind of unbelievable that 360 parking view and the blind spot cameras are locked behind DD PRO for $9k. They really need to rethink that package. IMO everything in there is free with a Tesla or Hyundai/Kia. BMW charges maybe $2-$3k for all of those features.

I’d argue even SS PRO could be overpriced when other luxury EVs like Rivian and Tesla S give premium audio for free, but compared to legacy automakers, $3k is kinda normal for premium sound system, so I wouldn’t mind paying for that.

Problem is since I’m looking to lease, DD PRO and SS PRO add a lot of cost. It’s great that they are free when purchasing
SSPro offers Dolby Atmos. The only other company that offers Dolby Atmos is Mercedes

There's no inventory DD premium though. When I picked up my car 2 months ago the delivery guy said it's the first one he's seen.

DD premium is well worth it.

There's no inventory DD premium though. When I picked up my car 2 months ago the delivery guy said it's the first one he's seen.
There are currently 2 Pure in inventory with SSPro and DDPro, black and red. Earlier this week there was white and a silver available also. There is 1 with DD premium and SSPro in Fathom blue

Yes. That is unbelievable. Because it isn’t true.

DDPremium is $2k.

hah ok glad to be wrong! The comment i responded to made it sound like DD Pro is worth it BECAUSE of the cameras. But good to know!

Just for some dimensionalization of the price drop(s). When I first started looking at cars, it was going to be a very tough choice between a Model Y at ~$70k (with the features we want and accounting for the fact that we don't get the EV credit) and an Air Touring at ~$110k. I liked the Air more but $40k is a lot of dough.

Since starting to look, and with the Pro Credit, then having got the order in and now having this new credit, the all-in price is down to $89k - HALF the price premium I was originally contemplating. That makes a huge difference. $19,400 of price drops since I began looking at a car a few months ago.

I don't know how many are in my "looking for an EV, care a lot about range, care a lot about backseat room, high earning, but still somewhat price sensitive" market segment, but their pricing strategy has exactly landed me as a customer.

Just for some dimensionalization of the price drop(s). When I first started looking at cars, it was going to be a very tough choice between a Model Y at ~$70k (with the features we want and accounting for the fact that we don't get the EV credit) and an Air Touring at ~$110k. I liked the Air more but $40k is a lot of dough.

Since starting to look, and with the Pro Credit, then having got the order in and now having this new credit, the all-in price is down to $89k - HALF the price premium I was originally contemplating. That makes a huge difference. $19,400 of price drops since I began looking at a car a few months ago.

I don't know how many are in my "looking for an EV, care a lot about range, care a lot about backseat room, high earning, but still somewhat price sensitive" market segment, but their pricing strategy has exactly landed me as a customer.
I was in the same boat, though not really in the market for a 110k car. I had a Tesla that was getting older and would be going out of warranty in the next 6 months. I had known of Lucid but they were out of my price range. Then I saw the leasing deals and it was too good to pass up. My monthly payment is lower than my old Tesla was, and is a fairly decent hedge against the uncertainty of the company and resale value. Felt like a no brainer (though I missed out on DDPro and SSPro, I'm happy with my low payment)

Devil's advocate: but the Y price also went down, what's the delta now, 30k?

But I'd take the lucid day in and out. If I wanted to save I'd probably get an Ioniq 5/6 or ev6. Teslas just doesn't do it for me :)

All of the cars are grey or silver for the GT. Hard pass even with the deal. Unpopular exterior and interior combos would be my guess.
Black and dark gray are their best sellers.

Black and dark gray are their best sellers.
The unabashed bias and obstinate resolution of Zenith Red and Tahoe interior GT owner being the best combo at play.

For those interested, the Pure in the dark gray really is fantastic. I was stunned at the quality and look as I peered into the windows of one at the Richmond service center. Old pricing was still a steal for such a vehicle. New prices are outright robbery (in a good way) for such a vehicle.

Back