Poll: Curious about owners experience with issues with their Lucids

Problem free?

• Total voters
Only minor issues, probably all software related: soft close didn't work on one door for a few hours, Pilot Panel froze a couple times, walk-away reset fixed it. Also trouble charging at an EA station on a road trip.

As per title and please discuss what issues you have as well if you voted yes
The real question is why is a poll of this nature necessary when we have a whole forum with sub forums dedicated to discussing these things?

A poll like this is still interesting. Would be interested to see how many people have had no issues vs major issues

My issues;
Sound completely gone inside car (only chimes working)
*fixed with a reset
Frunk latch misalignment (had to manually close each time)
*fixed by technician installed new latches
Minor trim misalignment
*fixed by tech
Rattle from rear hatch area going over bumps
*fixed by tech
Passenger side windshield wiper not working
(After using de-icing after an ice storm)
*contacted tech regarding the issue

The real question is why is a poll of this nature necessary when we have a whole forum with sub forums dedicated to discussing these things?
So rather than a rational poll designed to PRO-duce the answer, you think prospective buyers should instead spend hours wading through dozens of threads ---in the hope they might DE-duce the answer...(sigh)....

A poll like this is still interesting. Would be interested to see how many people have had no issues vs major issues
It's VERY interesting ...but could use some definition of what's Major or Minor...and whether the fault lies with Lucid vs EA or others

I agree a definition would in order! I guess a major issues would be something that required a tow or made the vehicle unsafe/unable to drive. A minor one would be anything else. But I’m just throwing stuff out.

So rather than a rational poll designed to PRO-duce the answer, you think prospective buyers should instead spend hours wading through dozens of threads ---in the hope they might DE-duce the answer...(sigh)....
More like every couple months we have this poll in 1 shape or another, and there is also much more in depth information as to what faults are occurring in other posts/subforums than just in this 1 post. It's redundant while only providing a vague informational count of fault incidences rather than producing any specific information which could help future buyers/current owners.

More like every couple months we have this poll in 1 shape or another, and there is also much more in depth information as to what faults are occurring in other posts/subforums than just in this 1 post. It's redundant while only providing a vague informational count of fault incidences rather than producing any specific information which could help future buyers/current owners.
I'd have to disagree, I think this thread has very valuable info. Just think of all the bearish media vultures salivating over this goldmine.

Lucid's next hit piece: 0% of Lucid owners have been problem-free, all Lucid vehicles plagued with issues?

Agreed

But polls like this are still helpful. Mainly for the people with no issues. Someone isn’t likely to pop up and say “I’ve had no issues!” Because people would look at them funny.

Agreed

But polls like this are still helpful. Mainly for the people with no issues. Someone isn’t likely to pop up and say “I’ve had no issues!” Because people would look at them funny.
It's also useful for prospective customers. So they can see that based on this poll, everyone so far has had some sort of issue, and they can cancel their reservation before they get in too deep!

It’s stupid anyway; a software glitch solved with a soft reset could be considered an "issue" so of course 100% of owners will report having an issue. Customer satisfaction should be a more important metric.

I had mostly minor issues ( software problems, a door handle motor not working etc ) until la few days ago when a drive system fault notification occurred and would not clear with various resets. I was on vacation but fortunately only 22 miles from one of Lucids biggest service centers near West Palm. The diagnosis was a bad controller on the battery pack so me and wifey and dog had to fly back to NY while lucid replaces the battery pack and ships back to me free of charge. I have had no complaints with lucids service but I shudder to think what if I was visiting Georgia or the Carolinas when this went bad and not near a service center.

{Moderators, I found this on another website and thought it relevant to our discussion. Please remove if it's a violation or something. I don't want to brake rules, I'm just ignorant.}

I was wondering what is was like for the early-adopters of the Tesla S. I found this:

"Very early Tesla owner here. I had a 2014 S and while it was functionally bullet proof (it always drove like a bat out of hell when I needed it), the ancillary systems were either not well tested or not well thought out. I traded in to get a 2016 S and I find the same issues. Door handles/sub roof/ hood latch, those things weren't really designed with non-California in mind. And then things like fit and finish, they weren't paying any attention to quality production because they assumed the service center would fix after delivery using a combination of warranty service and customer goodwill as payment. Add to that the interior which they claim was minimalistic, but in reality, according to those inside Tesla that i knew, they just ran out of time. It's minimal because they had to get them on the road.
There was a time when production and service were getting on the right track, the time of Jon McNeil. But as model 3 release loomed, they found themselves in the same boat, running out of time. So McNeil left like other every other C level person because they told Elon it should be done right and Elon told them that "good enough to drive out of the tent" was acceptable.
So now model 3 hits and since then it's just been a revolving door of lowering standards, cost cutting, and quite frankly, apathy. 3 suffers, then Y suffers, and then your flagship S/X suffer. I've been told the early Tesla's were over engineered. I disagree, they were engineered to the point a nice car should be because they couldn't afford to have mechanical duds on delivery. But it's been a game of what can we get away with now. Look at the redesign of the Y battery. Instead of being modular, it's now part of the interior (the seats are bolted to it basically). Sure it's easier and less costly to assemble, but literally 10x more timely/costly to service.
The supercharger network is the moat that protects the Tesla castle. To compete with them as the #1 EV maker, you have to assault that first. Well, 350kwh DC chargers are quickly becoming more prolific and more reliable (supercharger network is rock solid, fact). Now Tesla is screwed because if you already bought one and had a bad experience, you certainly aren't going to buy a second. We all grew up in families or knew families where brand loyalty was multi-generational. Not so with Tesla. You are either going back to the brand you loved that didn't make an EV before, or your are trying something new. And that will be their fall from grace, the inability to convert 1st time Tesla owners into 2nd time Tesla owners. "

following post:
"
Agreed. I drive a Model Y. Got one of the first ones off the line, so right when other companies were making noises about good EVs but it didn’t seem like anybody had any real competition for it yet (not that they didn’t, but I’m not really a car fanatic, and I wasn’t paying much attention to anything that wasn’t out yet. I just wanted an EV with solid range and enough room for my over-6-feet-and-still-growing kids and the Y seemed like a solid choice).
The car we got wound up in Tesla’s shop four times in the first six months. Panels didn’t align, the trunk stopped opening, random stuff like that. Later our charger broke (twice). Its mileage left estimation is completely unreliable once you’re under 100 miles—you can start at 90 miles left, do some around town driving for ten miles (no freeway speeds), and come home with 60 miles left and dropping fast. Its phone integration also sucks.
My biggest complaint is that the car was clearly designed to not be driven— all the design work seems like it was rotating around the assumption that the car would be driving itself in short order. EVERYTHING that needs doing while you’re driving—adjusting windshield wiper speed, popping open the glovebox for a tissue, changing the thermostat, everything except volume control, next track, and cruise control speed— requires you to look away from the road. You can’t get into the glovebox without going through menus for gods sake. Windshield wiper controls wind up by your right knee. The design is wholly in service to Musk’s wild over promising.
It’s a fun car to drive. Until you need to change a setting. I won’t buy another one.
EDIT— for the people asking about voice controls, I’ve found Tesla’s voice controls to be the least reliable of any I’ve tried."

maybe the way to do this is just post the link ? Am I doing this wrongly ?

The problem is the lack of specificity. Minor issue can mean anything from a misaligned door to having to replace the windshield wipers.

Here was another older poll: https://lucidowners.com/threads/pol...our-car-was-otherwise-unsafe-to-operate.2350/
Actually I think both polls are useful. Probably a single poll that combines both the ‘catastrophic’ failures and those captured in the latest poll would be more comprehensive and informative. Addressing only catastrophic failures doesn’t give the reader a true picture of the bulk of issues captured in numerous threads nor the overall workmanship issues that are common.

As per title and please discuss what issues you have as well if you voted yes
I was impressed with Lucid design and engineering when I first visited the Lucid Studio in CA 1.5 years ago. I made a deposit on my AGT and received it mid Novemeber 2022.
Overall, I am disappointed in Lucid's qualit after 6 weeks of wonership (2 weeks back in the Lucid Service Center)y.

I want to be clear, Lucid Service Center (in Scottsdale) has been good in responding to my problems. However, there are simply too many issues. My view is, these are fundamental engineering and QA problems, not service problems. The car is not really ready for prime-time.

Problems include: Car won't charge (with L2). Battery pack has to be removed and the Wunderbox replaced. Took 2 weeks! The Lucid charging cable was replaced twice. Cruise control button fell off...have to replace the entire steering wheel. Window stuch at open. Pilot panel freezes, twice in one day. Had to go to Serivice Center to reset and also have to be reset remotely. No delayed TOU charging. Very laggy navigation....almost useless! EA don't recognize my car. Called EA...they said Lucid did not update my car's info hence EA chargers did not recognize it. EA said it is Lucid's fault.

I know it is challenging developing a leading-edge product like the Lucid. I spent my whole career developing high-tech, leading-edge products. In my opinion, the Lucid has a good engineering platform with many good innovations. But the QA sucks and the car is not ready for Prime-time!
Lucid Corp needs to REALLY bear down on fixing its QA and SW problems. Existing owners won't put up with this kind od issues and new perspective buyers will be deterred!

So, don't just focus on your pending reservations and hustling for new orders. Fix the on-going problems. Make the existing owners sing praises of you cars and the orders will come.

I was impressed with Lucid design and engineering when I first visited the Lucid Studio in CA 1.5 years ago. I made a deposit on my AGT and received it mid Novemeber 2022.
Overall, I am disappointed in Lucid's qualit after 6 weeks of wonership (2 weeks back in the Lucid Service Center)y.

I want to be clear, Lucid Service Center (in Scottsdale) has been good in responding to my problems. However, there are simply too many issues. My view is, these are fundamental engineering and QA problems, not service problems. The car is not really ready for prime-time.

Problems include: Car won't charge (with L2). Battery pack has to be removed and the Wunderbox replaced. Took 2 weeks! The Lucid charging cable was replaced twice. Cruise control button fell off...have to replace the entire steering wheel. Window stuch at open. Pilot panel freezes, twice in one day. Had to go to Serivice Center to reset and also have to be reset remotely. No delayed TOU charging. Very laggy navigation....almost useless! EA don't recognize my car. Called EA...they said Lucid did not update my car's info hence EA chargers did not recognize it. EA said it is Lucid's fault.

I know it is challenging developing a leading-edge product like the Lucid. I spent my whole career developing high-tech, leading-edge products. In my opinion, the Lucid has a good engineering platform with many good innovations. But the QA sucks and the car is not ready for Prime-time!
Lucid Corp needs to REALLY bear down on fixing its QA and SW problems. Existing owners won't put up with this kind od issues and new perspective buyers will be deterred!

So, don't just focus on your pending reservations and hustling for new orders. Fix the on-going problems. Make the existing owners sing praises of you cars and the orders will come.
What software version are you on? Sounds like you’ve had far more issues than the average Lucid owner. That sucks.

EA saying it’s Lucid’s fault is par for the course; historically, it’s always been EA’s fault, but I guess there’s a first time for everything.

There are tons of existing owners singing the praises of the car, but we haven’t had the same issues you did. I hope that once they’re resolved you’re all good to go!

Happy holidays!

Back