Poll: Curious about owners experience with issues with their Lucids

Problem free?

• Total voters
To report my minor issues in all of 5 days of ownership:
4 intermittent warnings of right front radar failures - customer service is investigating (very responsive)
Laggy Homelink this morning
Common issues or features that I agree need fixing (software):
Ability to have navigation and infotainment on separate screens
Volume control for Navigation system
Oft discussed issues with EA availability
Home charging on a 30amp circuit - no adapter with car - Lucid has just started making these and customer service is ordering one for me as of this morning.
Nits - I wish the front and back cameras would go off sooner than 15 mph and I wish the homelink would open/close the door automatically rather than require a button push

Opinion: This is the best all around driving machine I’ve ever owned. A nice marriage of Luxury and awesome performance and comfort - and it will only get better.

That great news about the 30 amp adapter. I think many EV first-timers will be interested in it as a temporary charging solution. Also handy when visiting a relative's house in the boonies.

I wish the front and back cameras would go off sooner than 15 mph
Ha, I agree, but so many people have wished it would be even higher! Can’t please everyone I guess haha.

I also am looking forward to future GPS-enabled homelink improvements. I’m driving a Model Y while my car is in the body shop, and the one thing I like is their latest software integrates with MyQ (which I happen to have) and does the automatic close and open.

Ha, I agree, but so many people have wished it would be even higher! Can’t please everyone I guess haha.
And thus we have identified another software constant that should be an externalized driver profile setting...

FINALY done... software issue , resolved all updated !! brake sign off , and also the car took 2 to 3 minutes to enable to drive , now it was the battery issue of key . has been replaced by technician and its good now > all updated... lets see !! in future any thing comes up... hope no more issue ..

I did not even answer this poll. It is too vague. What is minor? What is major? Other concerns might warrant a different category or direction. I had a major coolant leak. It appeared to be a minor issue with major implications. My other stuff was minor, but one of those issues was first reported on October 7 and, three months later, has yet to be addressed. It is a "minor" issue, but has resulted in a "major" disappointment/worry about Lucid's service, not quality of service, but rather ability to service in a timely manner.

Maybe Lucid should have limited their sales to those customers close to their established Service Centers as the Mobile Service appears to be somewhat overwhelmed with no real moves to improve this situation announced (ie additional Service Centers to address geographical gaps).

So far slightly misaligned trunk and having weird issue of it sometimes only half closing after I had to manually close it when none of the buttons and key fob would close it (apparently wont close after being open for a long time)

So far slightly misaligned trunk and having weird issue of it sometimes only half closing after I had to manually close it when none of the buttons and key fob would close it (apparently wont close after being open for a long time)
The not closing after being open for a long time is a feature, not a bug. Not sure of the reasoning, but Lucid has said before this is working as designed. If you leave the trunk open longer than 10 minutes or so, you will need to manually close. No word on whether they plan on changing that.

I want to drive all the time

I sit in my car for no reason

Minor issues, I've gone into detail in my full review, anything major would just be damage but it was quickly fixed, so I don't consider a roadblock for me.

EA worked perfectly on my road trip of 2500+ miles and so even that stands out for me as other members have had nightmares with EA.

My only minor issues is that my USB C chargers don't consistently stay on (being replaced by service)

And my driver side seat seems to be wearing quite fast, but this is still in works with talking to Lucid and service.

Only other minor issues are things like, I don't particularly love the visor position, wish I can move it out of the way entirely or fold it away.
Steering wheel either blocks the glass cockpit panel or blocks the cameras from seeing my face. Hard to find the happy middle.

And a minor inconvenience is that I wish the app queued up actions, I have to wait for the car to wake up before I can do anything. Wish I can just open the app, click something, and then put my phone to sleep while the queued actions are sent to the car and it does them in order.

But all solvable things or minor inconvenience. Love the car!

I've had intermittent issues with the trunk closing/not closing at times using the app or dashboard. I inspected my Air Touring a bit closer this morning and noticed that my trunk is also misaligned (slightly wider gap on the drivers side) and am wondering if that is the issue. @noobzilla, have you had this looked into any more?

So rather than a rational poll designed to PRO-duce the answer, you think prospective buyers should instead spend hours wading through dozens of threads ---in the hope they might DE-duce the answer...(sigh)....
The forum is anecdotal. This is not reliable evidence for any purpose although it is fun and interesting. Consumer Reports have always advised buyers to stay away from a first year car (totally new or redesign). CR also surveys its membership for reliability information and its reliability reports are not its opinions but the summation of what its members reported. That is reliable information.

This kind of post can be dangerous. It is where a lazy reporter can pickup on a post like this and say what a terrible car the Lucid Air is whereas the truth is unrelated to the posting.

Before I retired I had a situation where an audit had been done of my division's work and concluded that if it increased the staffing, it could increase the success rate by an equal amount ignoring the fact that the initial work was not randomly selected. I had to hire a University statistics professor to make the imbeciles back down.

In of itself, this post is harmless. Put it in the wrong hands and it could be dangerous.

The myriad issues reported by first-year GT owners that I haven’t observed on my Touring anecdotally supports CR’s advice to avoid first year cars.

(My argument is specious but it makes me feel better!)

I've had intermittent issues with the trunk closing/not closing at times using the app or dashboard. I inspected my Air Touring a bit closer this morning and noticed that my trunk is also misaligned (slightly wider gap on the drivers side) and am wondering if that is the issue. @noobzilla, have you had this looked into any more?
I told Lucid about it and they said they can come to fix it. I'll have them fix it when I get back. It still happens once in a while. I had an issue with my screen so I was checking if it still happens but looks like it's resolved so I'll have them come to fix just the trunk

Back