Owner's Manual Questions

ChestnutAir

Cars
Lucid Air
Hi everyone,
I am trying to understand the owner manual situation. Did anyone receive a paper owner manual or owner's guide? I found the pdf online, but I am not sure it is the complete manual. It also looks like the in-car infotainment system manual and mobile app manual are excerpted, not the full pdf. Can someone shine some light on this?

There should be a printed manual in your glove box. That’s the condensed version, however, as it went to print before a lot of software updates that have come since.

The manual in the car on the pilot panel, and in the mobile app are the definitive, up-to-date ones. They get updated as the car gets updated.

There should be a printed manual in your glove box. That’s the condensed version, however, as it went to print before a lot of software updates that have come since.

The manual in the car on the pilot panel, and in the mobile app are the definitive, up-to-date ones. They get updated as the car gets updated.
Thats what I figure. There is a significant difference in data.

Also, how do I search? I don't see anywhere to put in keywords.

Hi everyone,
I am trying to understand the owner manual situation. Did anyone receive a paper owner manual or owner's guide? I found the pdf online, but I am not sure it is the complete manual. It also looks like the in-car infotainment system manual and mobile app manual are excerpted, not the full pdf. Can someone shine some light on this?
Check your glove box for paper manual

Problem is, much has changed since that was printed.
Owners, I'm told, have a link to the (current) owner's manual on their dashboard when they log in to the Lucid web page. This is a PDF file, and searchable via your PDF viewer. I recently started comparing an earlier PDF to the most recent provided by @hydbob on the How-To section on this forum, and at about halfway through comparing, I saw mostly grammatical changes and noted that the card formerly known as the Valet Card is now known as the NFC (Near Field Communications) card, for example. Some of the illustrations have been updated.
There are still sections which refer to features I believe are not yet available (I don't have a Lucid yet to confirm or deny), such as Traffic Jam Assist and Drive Away Alert.
As noted, as software updates are loaded into your car, the glove box abridged Owners Manual doesn't magically update, but not everything you'd want to know is covered in the OM anyway, and apparently those who read the Owners Manual seem to be in the vast minority.

This is a problem for all EVs.
Generalizing, it is a problem for all devices that can be updated. There's no manual that comes with a smart phone that covers all we need to know and is always correct, and even for devices that aren't reconfigurable, we get at most these "quick start" pictographs that are conveniently indecipherable in any language. It becomes incumbent on us to try all the buttons and combinations of buttons in all modes to try to determine how many clicks of what type we need on our fobs or screens to get the action we desire. (<switch to my geezer voice> Oh, you spoiled kids, back in my day you had to walk over to the TV, turn it on with a switch, wait 3 minutes for it to warm up, wiggle the antenna around a bit, and tune in one of maybe two stations ... blah blah blah <end geezer voice>)
But, I think the Lucid Owner's Manual is fairly well done and covers a good portion of the things we need to know. Just not all, like if you search for Bobby Reset, you get nothing. Yet. Perhaps the Tech Writers will see this and add that section.

There also used to be both an owner's guide and an owner's manual. Now there is nothing. lol

Generalizing, it is a problem for all devices that can be updated. There's no manual that comes with a smart phone that covers all we need to know and is always correct, and even for devices that aren't reconfigurable, we get at most these "quick start" pictographs that are conveniently indecipherable in any language. It becomes incumbent on us to try all the buttons and combinations of buttons in all modes to try to determine how many clicks of what type we need on our fobs or screens to get the action we desire. (<switch to my geezer voice> Oh, you spoiled kids, back in my day you had to walk over to the TV, turn it on with a switch, wait 3 minutes for it to warm up, wiggle the antenna around a bit, and tune in one of maybe two stations ... blah blah blah <end geezer voice>)
But, I think the Lucid Owner's Manual is fairly well done and covers a good portion of the things we need to know. Just not all, like if you search for Bobby Reset, you get nothing. Yet. Perhaps the Tech Writers will see this and add that section.
Drive away alert is currently working on the vehicle. Basically, if you are waiting at a red light or stop sign behind somebody and he moves away from you a little bit, an alert is shown.

I didn’t get a hard copy manual either and was told there was none.

Ooh, so I might have one of the few paper manuals... ebay here I come!

Ooh, so I might have one of the few paper manuals... ebay here I come!
For $15 plus shipping and handling of $40 I'll be happy to print the PDF and mail it to people in the U.S. ;-)

For $15 plus shipping and handling of $40 I'll be happy to print the PDF and mail it to people in the U.S. ;-)
Yea but does it look like this...

20230207_172646.jpg

Back