Towing properly/owner's manual and mistakes?

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Hi all,

So after my battery fault error, the car was just picked up and is being taken to Vegas where they apparently have a small service/center location that is equipped to handle the problem and fix it.

I was reading the owner's manual, and the tow person also was very experienced in towing upwards of million+ dollar cars, his most recent being the last Bugatti Chiron to enter the US and was transported from San Diego to Salt Lake City.

Anyways, he said he has taken 40 something Lucid's as well and transported, so I felt very comfortable with him taking it and letting him do his thing.
After he went on his way, I got numerous Tilt & Shock alerts on my phone saying the car is being towed, and I expected that.

But after opening up the app and looking at it, I can't unlock/lock it (I assume this is because of Towing mode, maybe it disabled app functionality)
But I was reading the owner's manual that says
1677874187368.png

After securing the vehicle on the transporter or trailer, use the Pilot Panel to select P (Park)

But Tow Truck mode disabled the Parking Brake and keeps the car in Neutral
1677874231469.png

So does this mean my dude is taking the car with it still in Tow Truck Mode?
I don't want to speculate, but I'm curious what is the 'proper' steps for loading the car, and transported?
Because on one hand it says one thing, but on the other, it says to keep it in Tow Truck Mode until the transportation is completed.

There's no tow truck mode, but what you should have done is disable shock and tilt in the car while it was being transported.

Oh not this again.. I recall there was a entire thread of people getting confused over tow truck mode.

Also, it says put it into neutral to get out and on the tow truck. On the other hand the other picture says that ON the tow truck put park.

Unless I missed it in an update, its not in the menu.
I posted an image above of the manual, it speaks about Tow Truck mode
Also, it says put it into neutral to get out and on the tow truck. On the other hand the other picture says that ON the tow truck put park.
Exactly this, and I feel like it's kind of contradictory to what you'd expect or see the tow drivers doing

Back