OTA update 2.1.42

Unfortunately pushing the door handles didn’t work. Already tried logo reset as well. The car wasn’t detecting the phone at all. Only way I could drive is with a pin.

I went ahead and did the factory reset and everything is working. I don’t mind reinputting all my info. I didn’t realize that it would take me back to version 1.1.14 but I’m probably going to bug service tomorrow to see if they can boost me back.

Edit: I still have the new features even though my car says it’s in version 1.1.14
Holy god. Glad the doors are working now.

I've been using the push to open door handle technique for quite a while; since I decided to turn off the "auto unlock" feature which was driving me crazy every time I went out to the garage to get something. Haven't had any problems.

Any update to usb media?
Even when selecting songs, it is super annoying to have to go through each album every time, or not just being able to go down a list of songs in genre mode, etc...
I would like the USB media to work like my Kenwood head unit in my other car. The USB media will be played as one big loop if I do nothing. I can forward or
reverse albums or single selections if I desire. I don't like having to select album or song after each is done, especially when driving.

I am a bit confused why the regen warning was listed as only applying to Pure RWD cars.. the rest of us need it too!

From what I've read, the inverter is often a driving component when it comes to sustained regen. AWD cars will effectively be able to split the regen across two inverters (one per motor), so it may just be that AWD cars don't have the same constraints. They seem to specifically call out two conditions. Maybe those two don't apply to AWD.

www.lucidupdates.com is updated for those who wish to read about the update
Just want to say your site is excellent for all Lucid owners. Screen shots are ok for new updates but the amount of information you put on the updates (like the latest) is far greater. Thank you

From what I've read, the inverter is often a driving component when it comes to sustained regen. AWD cars will effectively be able to split the regen across two inverters (one per motor), so it may just be that AWD cars don't have the same constraints. They seem to specifically call out two conditions. Maybe those two don't apply to AWD.
Definitely possible! But the fact remains that any EV at or near 100% SoC will have no regen. And currently there is no indication for Lucid drivers when regen is disabled or limited due to SoC or temperature or anything else. IMHO it should be a priority to implement this for everyone.

Definitely possible! But the fact remains that any EV at or near 100% SoC will have no regen. And currently there is no indication for Lucid drivers when regen is disabled or limited due to SoC or temperature or anything else. IMHO it should be a priority to implement this for everyone.
Am curious why this is a priority? Information is nice but I cant see what you would do with this knowledge?

Am curious why this is a priority? Information is nice but I cant see what you would do with this knowledge?
If the Regen is off due to a high SOC, and people do not realize that, it may result in somebody who depends on one pedal driving to go at a high speed and crash when they meant to slow down.

Because a lot of expierienced EV owners use one pedal driving with the expectation that the vehicle will brake when you remove your foot from the accelerator. Having that regen be unexpectedly absent is jarring and could easily cause an accident under certain conditions.

Call service. That’s not a software issue.
It never worked for me and I didn’t bother. I didn’t know it’s a hardware issue.

Because a lot of expierienced EV owners use one pedal driving with the expectation that the vehicle will brake when you remove your foot from the accelator. Having that regen be unexpectedly absent is jarring and could easily cause an accident under certain conditions.
But wouldn’t an experienced EV owner already know that a fully or nearly fully charged EV will not have normal regenerative braking? It’s that way with all EVs where one pedal driving is available.

But wouldn’t an experienced EV owner already know that a fully or nearly fully charged EV will not have available regenerative braking?
When you charge to 100%, sure. But what if you get in the car and its at 95%, or 90, and you forget? What is the temperature threshold for regen being limited? There's plenty of unknowns even for experienced drivers.

Because a lot of expierienced EV owners use one pedal driving with the expectation that the vehicle will brake when you remove your foot from the accelerator. Having that regen be unexpectedly absent is jarring and could easily cause an accident under certain conditions.
Coming from Tesla I know what to expect and how regen is getting affected based on low outside temp or SOC above 90% or combination of both. I agree that a warning message based on these 2 parameters should be fairly easy to implement.

When you charge to 100%, sure. But what if you get in the car and its at 95%, or 90, and you forget? What is the temperature threshold for regen being limited? There's plenty of unknowns even for experienced drivers.
Regen can be limited down to 80% depending on environmental factors.

I would like the USB media to work like my Kenwood head unit in my other car. The USB media will be played as one big loop if I do nothing. I can forward or
reverse albums or single selections if I desire. I don't like having to select album or song after each is done, especially when driving.
Mine does work in one big list, but unfortunately you cannot have it play songs at random. I scroll to where I want to start on my list of about 250 songs, hit play, and the songs play continuously (I assume to the end of the list). If I pause playing before I exit the car, it picks up from where it left off and continues when I get back in the car.

It never worked for me and I didn’t bother. I didn’t know it’s a hardware issue.
Interesting. I am 'experienced' with my AGT since March 2022. I do not routinely charge past 80% for battery longevity. But when I have gone to 100%, I have not noticed any change in braking tho it has been a few months. Have others noticed that there is a difference in braking feel after 80%? i only use single pedal when in the Lucid (vs my Highlander). Use brake maybe 5-10% of the time.

My driver's side handle won't wake the car from sleep, but will unlock if the car is awake. Passenger side handle will always wake car from sleep. Lucid Engineering reached out to me for additional information and thought it may be a software issue.

My car is currently at the Service Center and this is one of the items on the list so I'll report back as to how it was resolved. (There's another thread where this was discussed; I'll post it there once I get more info.)

Back