OTA update 2.1.42

Because a lot of expierienced EV owners use one pedal driving with the expectation that the vehicle will brake when you remove your foot from the accelerator. Having that regen be unexpectedly absent is jarring and could easily cause an accident under certain conditions.
I learnt the hard way that in pure AWD there is almost no regen at 98%. Other EVs are known to use the hydraulic brake to simulate single pedal driving even at 100%. Not lucid. Be aware. I had no issue with regen braking even on moderate slope downhill at 90%. No idea where the cut off is.

In my personal experience after much experimentation, regen becomes fully functional around 94% SOC.
It will depend on speed. If you go fast enough at 94%, you may still feel the effects of the lesser regen, even though around town it feels "normal."

I learnt the hard way that in pure AWD there is almost no regen at 98%. Other EVs are known to use the hydraulic brake to simulate single pedal driving even at 100%. Not lucid. Be aware. I had no issue with regen braking even on moderate slope downhill at 90%. No idea where the cut off is.
Yep, that's the problem. And not to pull the "but Tesla" card, my old model S had the radial on the instrument cluster to show how much power/regen was available. If it was limited you'd get a warning, and get a basic visual indicator on how much you had to work with due to SoC or temperature. So the precedent is there.

I transferred my paid-for account to my AGT, and as far as I know, the reception is totally dependent on the connectivity of where you are located.
Did You used your paid account with the .42 update? No need to Use the free Sirius Xm trial?

Definitely possible! But the fact remains that any EV at or near 100% SoC will have no regen. And currently there is no indication for Lucid drivers when regen is disabled or limited due to SoC or temperature or anything else. IMHO it should be a priority to implement this for everyone.
That's true, but Tesla now simulates it by using the friction brakes when the SoC is very high.

I called only once, and they are working on me getting it. I wouldn't have called except that I'm on 2.1.26.
Yes, we all want the update fast. We should wait a week or so before we contact support. But in your case, you should have gotten 2.1.33 by now. So a call makes sense.

After installing 2.1.42 and driving around for a bit, I got a notice that another 2.1.42 install was ready. This one said it would take 10 minutes (vs. the 1 hr 40 min for the first package)

Wondering if it may be related to navigation. I did have an option to download new maps after the first install. Maybe the second install was for that?

Love the new media information. Did about 25 miles on the highway and HA is much better. Didn't have a lot of curves though; looking forward to testing it out on those tomorrow.

Yep, that's the problem. And not to pull the "but Tesla" card, my old model S had the radial on the instrument cluster to show how much power/regen was available. If it was limited you'd get a warning, and get a basic visual indicator on how much you had to work with due to SoC or temperature. So the precedent is there.

Yes, the Model S is good at that. The Model 3 is much more subtle, with a line on top where left or right gives an indication, but with no numbers. The end of the line becomes a broken line when regen is limited. So apparently Tesla didn't think that it was important enough to give more detail, and they had six years to fix it. I took my final road trip in it this weekend, starting with a full charge, and didn't pay attention to that, but the emulated regen braking worked smoothly.

I transferred my paid-for account to my AGT, and as far as I know, the reception is totally dependent on the connectivity of where you are located.
So the vehicle lets you log in with your existing SXM account? Nice!!!!

I called only once, and they are working on me getting it. I wouldn't have called except that I'm on 2.1.26.
.26 ? You have the patience of a tortoise.

I'm about to find a way to rent a call center. Lucid, don't make me do it!

Somewhere in the past I read was 92% Regen coming back.

Somewhere in the past I read was 92% Regen coming back.
As @joec said, it really depends on speed because regen at higher speed requires greater current into the battery and we all know that charging current decreases rapidly over 80% SOC. At 35 MPH, you probably have full regen at 96% SOC, at 50MPH maybe full regen at 92%. At or above 80MPH, the SOC needs to be closer to 80% SOC to get full regen.

Love the new update !!
Here are bunch of different views of multi tasking widget.
IMG_1858.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_1861.jpeg

Actually, I think this would work: turn off passive unlock. Lock the car. Walk away, open the app to unlock the car.

Walk up, and it shouldn’t open, but the car should still be awake. Press the door handle, a little harder than you’d otherwise want to (it does require a bit of force, not a tap). It should depress for half a second or so, then open. If it doesn’t, have service check it out.

Thanks, that worked perfectly. My door handle sensors work as expected.

No it is straight, the manual bias takes a bit more steering torque.
I know lane biasing came out in a previous update, but I confess I've never totally understood how to 'activate' it. Would you please describe to me exactly how I set it when I'm passing a semi truck and feel like the car is too close to the truck. Thanks

I know lane biasing came out in a previous update, but I confess I've never totally understood how to 'activate' it. Would you please describe to me exactly how I set it when I'm passing a semi truck and feel like the car is too close to the truck. Thanks
Just turn the steering wheel away from the truck without using enough torque to override HA. It is fairly intuitive after you drive with it for a few minutes.

Back