OTA 1.2.11

Anybody else having trouble posting multiple quotes? Keep getting an oops message.

Yeah I texted them a couple days ago and they pushed it to me within a couple hours but I didn’t have a chance to download it, but I installed yesterday and I definitely love the satellite view. I like how it orients your to what’s nearby much better and helps you gauge your surrounding to allow for more spontaneous driving choices.

Anybody else having trouble posting multiple quotes? Keep getting an oops message.
No?

I texted customer service and they pushed the update to me in a couple hours. I think now that there’s so many more cars to update then there were a couple months back it’s taking them longer to push the updates to each owner.

I texted customer service and they pushed the update to me in a couple hours. I think now that there’s so many more cars to update then there were a couple months back it’s taking them longer to push the updates to each owner.
This does not bode well for the future. If they were on track with their deliveries, then it could take them months to put out an update. With as few cars as they have now delivered, the updates should go out in 1 or 2 days. Maybe they are doing this manually? Or they are batching them and the person who is responsible to send the next batch out keeps forgetting.

This does not bode well for the future. If they were on track with their deliveries, then it could take them months to put out an update. With as few cars as they have now delivered, the updates should go out in 1 or 2 days. Maybe they are doing this manually? Or they are batching them and the person who is responsible to send the next batch out keeps forgetting.
Infrastructure is scalable. The more cars out in the wild the more the backend infrastructure should be scaled to accommodate for the demand.

I’d give them then benefit of the doubt as they’re probably just short staffed like everywhere on earth. I actually don’t know of any automaker (except maybe Tesla?) that sends out OTA faster than Lucid.

Who knows how many of their systems are stitched together with crazy glue and popsicle sticks at this point? It seems like there were major issues all along the software front from the beginning. I do not envy the new managers coming in to fix these things.

I would not be surprised if the updating infrastructure were put lower on the priority list, simply because it wouldn't be a problem until they put out many more cars. I sure would be less worried about it than some of the other things they have going on.

I’d give them then benefit of the doubt as they’re probably just short staffed like everywhere on earth. I actually don’t know of any automaker (except maybe Tesla?) that sends out OTA faster than Lucid.
I've gone 2 weeks before receiving an OTA from Tesla before.

A bit of a discovery...at least for me. I had to request a drop of 1.2.11 which the rep was more than happy to immediately schedule and then about 20 minutes later I got a call back from someone (not the original rep) stating that the couldn't 'see' my car. I do have a relatively weak wifi signal in my garage so the asked me to pull it out of the garage. About an hour later I got the release. So I wonder if others are having problems due to similar circumstances. Now I need to figure out how to put a wifi repeater in my garage (there's always something!).

A bit of a discovery...at least for me. I had to request a drop of 1.2.11 which the rep was more than happy to immediately schedule and then about 20 minutes later I got a call back from someone (not the original rep) stating that the couldn't 'see' my car. I do have a relatively weak wifi signal in my garage so the asked me to pull it out of the garage. About an hour later I got the release. So I wonder if others are having problems due to similar circumstances. Now I need to figure out how to put a wifi repeater in my garage (there's always something!).
Honestly, after how long it takes to swap from wifi to 4g/5g for music streaming, I haven't turned wifi on in my car for 6 months....

I have a strong WiFi signal in my garage, but I wonder if someone is out and about and they attempt to send the update and it fails, if they will keep trying or schedule the update for a later time.

Honestly, after how long it takes to swap from wifi to 4g/5g for music streaming, I haven't turned wifi on in my car for 6 months....
Interesting. Hmmm....Well I do have a periodically week cell signal at my house as well so maybe that's compounding the problem.

Get these little puppies and scatter them around your house (I have one in my garage). WiFi issues be gone!

I did the same thing but with Orbi instead. It’s the same concept of a mesh network though. Either one would be a great solution for someone wanting to have super fast wifi all over their home.

I did the same thing but with Orbi instead. It’s the same concept of a mesh network though. Either one would be a great solution for someone wanting to have super fast wifi all over their home.

Yeah mesh networks are great. I have a proper Ubiquiti system set up at home, but that’s because I have a ton of stairs, and I like managing my network / have lots of stuff going on. :)

For someone who just needs pretty fast wifi with great coverage, a mesh like Eero or Orbi is great; keep in mind it prioritizes coverage over speed, but otherwise fantastic.

Yeah mesh networks are great. I have a proper Ubiquiti system set up at home, but that’s because I have a ton of stairs, and I like managing my network / have lots of stuff going on. :)

For someone who just needs pretty fast wifi with great coverage, a mesh like Eero or Orbi is great; keep in mind it prioritizes coverage over speed, but otherwise fantastic.
I also have a Ubiquiti system at home - I just need to add another node to the network. It's a good system, I just never thought about the need for a strong wifi connection in my garage. Live and learn!

I also have a Ubiquiti system at home - I just need to add another node to the network. It's a good system, I just never thought about the need for a strong wifi connection in my garage. Live and learn!
I used their “plug into an outlet” extender and it works great in my garage and laundry room, with a wireless uplink to the nearest hardwired access point.

At some point, I’ll upgrade mine to WiFi6 but meh.

I have it in my garage not originally for the car but the controller I have for the lights need network to control the 5000+ rgb pixels that are dragged out over Halloween and Xmas. At least something else is making use of the network in the garage now 😂

Back