OTA 1.2.11

Is option to turn Wi-Fi off still in settings? After 1.2.11 I couldn't find it, or had it been a snake...
Push the icon on thr right driver panel and it'll bring up wifi, slide to off

Yeah mesh networks are great. I have a proper Ubiquiti system set up at home, but that’s because I have a ton of stairs, and I like managing my network / have lots of stuff going on. :)

For someone who just needs pretty fast wifi with great coverage, a mesh like Eero or Orbi is great; keep in mind it prioritizes coverage over speed, but otherwise fantastic.

Any idea what's with the unavailability of Ubiquiti products? Still waiting for a G4 Doorbell Pro

1.2.11 finally dropped for me last night. That was a much longer wait than the other updates. Now I am only one behind. I’ll see how long until the next one hits.

I have a rather dumb question after reading all these informative posts. I was planning on having my car ( to be delivered Tuesday ) in my detached garage , which has quite a weak signal. My wifi in general sucks here and there aren’t many option for me to improve it. I could put an Orbi in the detached garage but I doubt it will drastically improve it.
I am now thinking I should use my attached garage for the car , as the signal is much more robust.
Is Wi-Fi capability only relevant when there are updates or are their other things I should consider?
Thanks again to everyone who provide so much information here. These are issues I likely would have never even thought about until I encountered a problem.
you are fine. i also park my car in a detached garage with almost zero Wi-Fi signal and a very weak cell signal and i have never noticed any issues with updates. the phone notifies me and i hit the notification to install the update.

I turned WiFi off to optimize Air’s lagginess when passing thru areas with free WiFi or at home login in. Somehow I believe when the car switching from cellular to WiFi or vice versa, it slows down at occ
you are fine. i also park my car in a detached garage with almost zero Wi-Fi signal and a very weak cell signal and i have never noticed any issues with updates. the phone notifies me and i hit the notification to install the update.
Thank you. Car will be delivered tomorrow, so I finally get to test it.
Have NEMA outlets in both, but detached is much roomier and gives me a little cushion for the inevitable oh shit I didn’t mean to back up like that.

Now that I've had my car back for a few days I've had some time to live with the new satellite map feature. This was the one feature of our Teslas that I truly missed in the Lucid, and it's a very welcome addition. The Lucid maps do seem to have slightly less resolution, but they have an advantage the Tesla maps don't: you can display a larger area on the lower screen while homing in more closely on the upper screen. (There's a proxy for doing this in the Tesla, but you have to have the Navigation system engaged.)

The only things I dislike about the new feature have to do with the fact that I enjoy driving with the satellite maps always on display, as they communicate so much about your surroundings that are out of line of sight. At the same time, the feature that I access most while driving -- the different drive modes -- becomes inaccessible with the satellite map on display on the Pilot Screen. So . . . a few more suggestions:

- put small drive mode icons on the satellite display so that drive modes remain accessible with the map on display
- create a function in the driver profile to make the satellite display on the Pilot Screen a default setting (as long as drive mode icons remain accessible)
- make it possible to display the satellite map on the Pilot Screen while displaying other functions (such as music) on the Glass Cockpit.

And this brings me to one other niggle: selecting the "Sprint" drive mode. I often switch modes while driving depending on conditions, and I find that engaging Sprint mode while driving requires keeping my eyes off the road too long while having to wait for and then hit the "Confirm" button. If regulations or legal concerns require that inane feature, I think that people who drive the car often enough to warrant their creating a driver profile should be able to make that selection in their profiles -- and thereby acknowledge they have been made aware of the risks -- and not have to hit "Confirm" every time they subsequently select "Sprint" mode while the car is actually in motion.

I also have a Ubiquiti system at home - I just need to add another node to the network. It's a good system, I just never thought about the need for a strong wifi connection in my garage. Live and learn!
Have ubiquiti system at our primary home (works phenomenally well) and an Orbi system at our vacation property. If you can’t do the full ubiquiti system for whatever reason, would highly recommend the Orbi system as a solution. Easy to add on also…

Now that I've had my car back for a few days I've had some time to live with the new satellite map feature. This was the one feature of our Teslas that I truly missed in the Lucid, and it's a very welcome addition. The Lucid maps do seem to have slightly less resolution, but they have an advantage the Tesla maps don't: you can display a larger area on the lower screen while homing in more closely on the upper screen. (There's a proxy for doing this in the Tesla, but you have to have the Navigation system engaged.)

The only things I dislike about the new feature have to do with the fact that I enjoy driving with the satellite maps always on display, as they communicate so much about your surroundings that are out of line of sight. At the same time, the feature that I access most while driving -- the different drive modes -- becomes inaccessible with the satellite map on display on the Pilot Screen. So . . . a few more suggestions:

- put small drive mode icons on the satellite display so that drive modes remain accessible with the map on display
- create a function in the driver profile to make the satellite display on the Pilot Screen a default setting (as long as drive mode icons remain accessible)
- make it possible to display the satellite map on the Pilot Screen while displaying other functions (such as music) on the Glass Cockpit.

And this brings me to one other niggle: selecting the "Sprint" drive mode. I often switch modes while driving depending on conditions, and I find that engaging Sprint mode while driving requires keeping my eyes off the road too long while having to wait for and then hit the "Confirm" button. If regulations or legal concerns require that inane feature, I think that people who drive the car often enough to warrant their creating a driver profile should be able to make that selection in their profiles -- and thereby acknowledge they have been made aware of the risks -- and not have to hit "Confirm" every time they subsequently select "Sprint" mode while the car is actually in motion.
I love the new satellite view. It’s like you’re in an airplane looking at the landscape below. I had no idea the water was really close to one place I was driving today, and apparently there’s a giant rock quarry hiding near another location I was passing. It also helped me reorient myself without actually using turn by turn navigation based on where this one church was on the map. I’m pretty much going to leave the navigation screen on and leave it on satellite view all the time now.

I love the new satellite view. It’s like you’re in an airplane looking at the landscape below. I had no idea the water was really close to one place I was driving today, and apparently there’s a giant rock quarry hiding near another location I was passing. It also helped me reorient myself without actually using turn by turn navigation based on where this one church was on the map. I’m pretty much going to leave the navigation screen on and leave it on satellite view all the time now.
OK...I can't take it anymore....I want my Air GT now. This forum has kept my sanity for almost 9 months but now I am getting jealous...I want to endure some of the "glitches". Did get a call from my DA last week telling me my VIN should be released within 7-10 days. I am ready! I even cleaned out my garage and moved my Tesla to least favorable spot for the Lucid. Please...soon!!! I am almost 80 and not even sure I can renew my license next year????

OK...I can't take it anymore....I want my Air GT now. This forum has kept my sanity for almost 9 months but now I am getting jealous...I want to endure some of the "glitches". Did get a call from my DA last week telling me my VIN should be released within 7-10 days. I am ready! I even cleaned out my garage and moved my Tesla to least favorable spot for the Lucid. Please...soon!!! I am almost 80 and not even sure I can renew my license next year????
A few more weeks , just a few more!! You got this.

Amen, brother. It's like regenerative braking -- once you live with it you never want to be without it.

The Tesla defaults to the satellite view upon start-up, and most other functions accessible via the screen remain accessible. I hope Lucid takes that step with a not-too-distant future update.

Another thing I would add to my satellite map wish list: I prefer to keep the map set to a "north up" orientation, but with every start-up the map defaults to the driving direction rather than a compass direction. I wish the map would default upon start-up to the last orientation to which it was set.

Another thing I would add to my satellite map wish list: I prefer to keep the map set to a "north up" orientation, but with every start-up the map defaults to the driving direction rather than a compass direction. I wish the map would default upon start-up to the last orientation to which it was set.
My Tesla always defaults to North up, and it drives me bonkers. I always want it oriented how the car is currently facing. To each their own.

I agree, it should just go to whatever it was set to last.

Amen, brother. It's like regenerative braking -- once you live with it you never want to be without it.

The Tesla defaults to the satellite view upon start-up, and most other functions accessible via the screen remain accessible. I hope Lucid takes that step with a not-too-distant future update.

I'm not a fan of North Up either. Having used Raymarine for years navigating channels and around islands just was easier in that orientation. LOS to waypoint especially.

Lucid does need to split the glass cockpit screens and the pilot panel. Its frustrating to try to listen to music, adjust music, when using navigation. The "PAY ATEENTION" should NOT blare when you are doing simple things like this. During Navigation you can't even see track info.

Please fix

I'm not a fan of North Up either.

My liking of "north up" might derive from the fact that almost every street and highway where I live is laid out on a north/south-east/west grid. As a result, people tend to think in terms of compass points. For instance, people will often talk about a location in terms of "it's on the northeast corner of _____" or "the southwest corner of ______". For someone who has always loved long drives around town and country to see the sights, I picked the most boring place to retire I could have found. Not only are the streets a flat grid, but almost every neighborhood is a gated community, which means I can't see much of the local residential architecture I have always enjoyed exploring.

I think one of the reasons I became so addicted to the satellite maps in the Teslas is because it relieves the boredom of driving past miles of landscaped retaining walls with little idea of what lies behind them. Sometimes when I'm a passenger instead of the driver, I find myself just looking at the satellite map instead of out the window.

Back