OTA 1.2.11

Nothing here yet either, but I'm always on the late end of getting them, or so it seems. I get impatient after a week and email CS to have them push it

So, I’ve had two episodes of zero sound from speakers on this update. To include turn signal noises and warnings. After locking and sleeping the car to reset, it has returned. It’s happened twice over the week I’ve been on it. I bring it up because I (not advisable) rely on the lane change warning audio with turn signal when shifting lanes. I nearly bumped into someone while merging since there was no “dunk dunk” noise that I was used to. I’m certain it’ll be corrected in future updates (or maybe a fluke) but just a heads up to those of you updating.

Also, I have experienced no sound from media on previous versions but it never included signals or warning chimes so this is unique for me.

So, I’ve had two episodes of zero sound from speakers on this update. To include turn signal noises and warnings. After locking and sleeping the car to reset, it has returned. It’s happened twice over the week I’ve been on it. I bring it up because I (not advisable) rely on the lane change warning audio with turn signal when shifting lanes. I nearly bumped into someone while merging since there was no “dunk dunk” noise that I was used to. I’m certain it’ll be corrected in future updates (or maybe a fluke) but just a heads up to those of you updating.

Also, I have experienced no sound from media on previous versions but it never included signals or warning chimes so this is unique for me.
Here is a little hack…

Switch to a radio station to hear sound then switch back to another app, then VOILA! Alexa, Navigation and Tidal sound all come back without rebooting!
(Another multi-threading computing software buffering issue)

Here is a little hack…

Switch to a radio station to hear sound then switch back to another app, then VOILA! Alexa, Navigation and Tidal sound all come back without rebooting!
I toggle back and forth between radio and Tidal when Tidal freezes on me. If a song hangs, I try to go forward one song, which usually works. If not, I toggle as above.

I toggle back and forth between radio and Tidal when Tidal freezes on me. If a song hangs, I try to go forward one song, which usually works. If not, I toggle as above.
Yeah I’ve done this trick before, too, and it worked. It did not work with this new zero system sound these last two times. When that previously happened, I still had warning and signal sounds.

Again, possibly just an isolated experience to my car but wanted to share for awareness.

Here is a little hack…

It doesn’t always work.. I have tried that.. it works like 50% of the time for me

It doesn’t always work.. I have tried that.. it works like 50% of the time for me
Switching fee radio stations to force sound come up.

The software prioritizes radio signal sound and somehow reset and flushed out the lagged buffer.

Welcome to the world everything is digital. In the old days, everything work simply as it should. Fob works, key into ignition and turn works, radio switch on works. Despite being analog, they just work instantaneously!!! Now everything all translates into bits, bytes and Hi-Def coding going thru a central processor with many conflicting logic trying to figure out what service and task should come up next and so forth. Lucid is just over-engineering, and those conflicts take time and user feedback to debug to stability. But good thing is this software has gotten better and will get better more. Lucid has been pushing a lot of OTA!

Now day 8, what is my damn Ver 1.2.11 so I can experience y’all’s new bug?

Yeah I’ve done this trick before, too, and it worked. It did not work with this new zero system sound these last two times. When that previously happened, I still had warning and signal sounds.

Again, possibly just an isolated experience to my car but wanted to share for awareness.
This is definitely unusual; make sure you report it. I've had sound drop out once or twice, but the blind spot warnings, rear and front distance sensor sounds, etc., all worked even when media didn't.

This is definitely unusual; make sure you report it. I've had sound drop out once or twice, but the blind spot warnings, rear and front distance sensor sounds, etc., all worked even when media didn't.
For sure. Already did but whispers of 1.2.17 now make me hopeful that it was just a 1.2.11 glitch and it’ll be corrected. I’ll remain vigilant

For sure. Already did but whispers of 1.2.17 now make me hopeful that it was just a 1.2.11 glitch and it’ll be corrected. I’ll remain vigilant
I was told another new one is coming very soon.

The server releases 100 downloads per batch. (100, must be big binary footprint)

Maybe I won’t even get to play 1.2.11 before the new one is pushed.

Here is a little hack…

My trick is to say “Alex play notifications”, then the Alexa voice comes on and says some stuff, then when the voice stops all your missing audio comes back.

It’s finally here. Texting Lucid did help.
Waited so long, I somehow feel like my son coming out of Game Stop.

EEB66CA2-8015-4E0B-8550-C4968D5DBDC7.jpeg

My trick is to say “Alex play notifications”, then the Alexa voice comes on and says some stuff, then when the voice stops all your missing audio comes back.
Have to try that.. thank you for that advice

This happened to my Model 3 once or twice and it was very disorienting. It's funny how you don't realize things like turn signal noises are all "fake" sound effects in modern cars.

So pretty much anything can trick Alexa into working except the commands that are actually programmed to do so?

That’s another good hack!

I just played with 1.2.11.
Navigation is loading pretty fast. I was anticipating slower bc satellite imagery data feed.
Satellite imagery layout cannot be rendered 3D, some parts of grid even has shadow from bird-eye over atmosphere.
The images are very detailed when you zoom in. This screen is ultra high def unlike Polestar 2 Android Infotainment screen I test-drove yesterday.

8629ADFF-94FA-4770-8330-2D8CE0CEE976.jpeg
C3AF1B21-AC56-4678-A0CC-1F7DED8CD095.jpeg

Then I tested 360 camera, I didn’t know until now you can zoom inside car and see everything 3D CAD format. This NVDIA processor is powerful fast, resolution is impressive. I could go behind steering wheel column inside door panel or battery skateboard. Lucid really didn’t spare change on this Dream Drive Pro components, just very impressive high resolution video process.
7C9F0214-F7E8-4068-B130-901444F783F8.jpeg

Attachments

• 0F542116-4C30-4DDE-801C-39A835FFA080.jpeg
    0F542116-4C30-4DDE-801C-39A835FFA080.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 2B8509FB-DD21-42FB-9100-4563E113E828.jpeg
    2B8509FB-DD21-42FB-9100-4563E113E828.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I just played with 1.2.11.
Navigation is loading pretty fast. I was anticipating slower bc satellite imagery data feed.
Satellite imagery layout cannot be rendered 3D, some parts of grid even has shadow from bird-eye over atmosphere.
The images are very detailed when you zoom in. This screen is ultra high def unlike Polestar 2 Android Infotainment screen I test-drove yesterday.

View attachment 4365View attachment 4364

Then I tested 360 camera, I didn’t know until now you can zoom inside car and see everything 3D CAD format. This NVDIA processor is powerful fast, resolution is impressive. I could go behind steering wheel column inside door panel or battery skateboard. Lucid really didn’t spare change on this Dream Drive Pro components, just very impressive high resolution video process.
View attachment 4366
Coooool I never tried to zoom in, only out.

It’s finally here. Texting Lucid did help.
Waited so long, I somehow feel like my son coming out of Game Stop.

View attachment 4363
Yeah I texted them a couple days ago and they pushed it to me within a couple hours but I didn’t have a chance to download it, but I installed yesterday and I definitely love the satellite view. I like how it orients your to what’s nearby much better and helps you gauge your surrounding to allow for more spontaneous driving choices.

Back