Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Careful and make sure to do proper testing @Volund got a used GT for nice price but plagued with issues
Yep, made many threads on it, but I do want to clarify (further down)
Could I see the thread where he describes his issues?
I called Lucid and even before I bought the used car, they told me the warranty will transfer. So after finding a bunch of minor issues and some big ones, they are planning to address them.
The paint one is still being thought about, but to me it's more minor, I only ranted about it because I wanted to be 100% sure whether or not I was being denied due to being a 2nd owner.
The technician told me yes, but then the Lucid reps on the forums here confirmed that 2nd hand owners are and should be treated the same as 1st hen and are investigating the issue. Lucid has ordered parts and in a few weeks will do the service at my house. I don't have all the answers yet, but I'm really hoping they do the best they can to fix all the problems.
I'll be working with @Firstto520 a bit closer to my service date to see if there's any updates.
Warranty issues or were they due to mistreatment by the previous owner? If warranty, well, we have several examples of new car buyers here with plenty of those.
Nope, car is in great condition, in fact I have a video a day before I picked it up where a YouTuber came to the previous owner's residence to review the car. So I have very detailed video from the time I bought it.

I'm also getting home delivery. Did you have the instructions/walk through part virtual or did Lucid send someone? Any words of advice?
Had a virtual walkthrough for an hour, where we set up everything and he showed me all the key features and functionality. It all felt intuitive and easy and everything worked and connected seamlessly.

Still no VIN as of this morning. I am lost hope for EOY delivery even if my AT is produced and waiting PDI, it clearly has not been assigned to me. In retrospect, maybe I should have stuck with the SC interior rather than switching to Tahoe. Who knew?

Interesting - I haven't seen or heard a thing - same config in NJ. Got my VIN on 12/6.
Not sure if talking to your DA will help, but mine said (yesterday) he would try to accelerate the PA

Received the VIN for my fully loaded QG SC AT on 12/3. Hadn't heard anything and car still listed "In Production" so I texted my DA, Felipe, yesterday. He got back to me in about 30 minutes and said my car was in General Assembly pending an inspection. The vehicle was otherwise "complete". Thought the inspection would be "pretty quick" and he would let me know when complete. This is happening!

I have no references. I have talked with Jekyll and Hyde's in Farmers Branch. He says he has already worked on Lucid cars.
FYI, several of the DFW area owners have used Xpel Dallas for wrapping and tinting. We stopped by yesterday to meet their team and check out their facility. Work quality seemed superb as they pointed out process features during our tour. We were very impressed with Jovani and Morgan and how they run their operation. They have done 4 Airs so far with another scheduled next week, and we'll most likely have them do ours the last week of the year (assuming the car makes it here by then!). They also offer a 10% discount to Lucid Owners Forum members!

FYI, several of the DFW area owners have used Xpel Dallas for wrapping and tinting. We stopped by yesterday to meet their team and check out their facility. Work quality seemed superb as they pointed out process features during our tour. We were very impressed with Jovani and Morgan and how they run their operation. They have done 4 Airs so far with another scheduled next week, and we'll most likely have them do ours the last week of the year (assuming the car makes it here by then!). They also offer a 10% discount to Lucid Owners Forum members!
Thanks for the pointer. Will get a quote.

How was the delivery process? Did you download the lucid and EA apps to your phone before your delivery?
How was the delivery process? Did you download the lucid and EA apps to your phone before your delivery?
Deliver process was easy. It took about 75 minutes. Chris did an excellent job of going over all the basic functions of the Lucid. I did download the two apps before the visit.
It will take time to learn how to use all of the technology available. I had to install Alexa in order to use voice commands. So far, I am not impressed. it is not as easy as tesla's system.
Hopefully it will get better. Love the car!

Deliver process was easy. It took about 75 minutes. Chris did an excellent job of going over all the basic functions of the Lucid. I did download the two apps before the visit.
It will take time to learn how to use all of the technology available. I had to install Alexa in order to use voice commands. So far, I am not impressed. it is not as easy as tesla's system.
Hopefully it will get better. Love the car!
Suggestion: forget Alexa for now, focus on the other stuff. Alexa will just get you frustrated. Drive drive drive!

I hope Apple CarPlay is supported soon. That will help a great deal and buy some time on other improvements.

I hope Apple CarPlay is supported soon. That will help a great deal and buy some time on other improvements.
Completely agree. Time is running out on them making that release by EOY. But hoping for January?

Back