Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

It's good to keep things in perspective. However, I still think the updated dashboard feature was a great move to help manage expectations for all of us still waiting for delivery.
I agree...like getting some feedback without having to reach out to a very busy DA focussed on getting cars actually delivered. I made my Mojave selection with full knowledge it was scheduled for a 1QTR delivery.

I see deliveries on Sat Dec 10th. They are working hard to deliver even on weekend

I agree...like getting some feedback without having to reach out to a very busy DA focussed on getting cars actually delivered. I made my Mojave selection with full knowledge it was scheduled for a

Please stop posting links to this ridiculous non-story article. Why they thought this was newsworthy is nonsense.

Please stop posting links to this ridiculous non-story article. Why they thought this was newsworthy is nonsense.
I’ve personally never seen it posted, but I also pretty much just stick to this thread.

Do you believe it’s inaccurate? It’s responsive to the question. If you post a detailed response to HariK’s question I’ll delete the post. Fair?

I asked the Delivery Operations Advisor at Riviera Beach about the 14 call issue yesterday and he stated this is a misinterpretation of the policy enacted in response to orders having being cancelled inadvertently when the buyer had not responded to emails or a phone call to confirm their order. The purpose was to get a manager involved to prevent orders being canceled when they weren't supposed to be.

I asked the Delivery Operations Advisor at Riviera Beach about this yesterday and he stated this is a misinterpretation of the policy enacted in response to orders having being cancelled inadvertently when the buyer had not responded to emails or a phone call to confirm their order.
Well, that makes perfect sense. How angry would you be if Lucid canceled your order because you hadn't picked up the phone when they called you while you were out of the country? Or if you mistakenly thought it was a spam call?

I'm sure business insider will be quick to issue a correction. They have so much integrity, after all.

With almost everyone getting VINs even for options that aren’t available before Q1 2023 (No DDPRo, No SS Pro, Mojave, etc)
We shouldn’t be confident for EOY delivery.
It seems like it is a new process with an unknown timeline (maybe 60 day window for the financing reasons) but practically no way they are delivering all of these before EOY in the holiday season with some states covered in snow.
Please note I have my VIN from last week but still I can’t get any insurance quote because it is not showing in any system (car not manufactured yet).
Hopefully I am wrong but I don’t like what’s happening now as it is giving a lot of people hope and setting them up for a big disappointment if no delivery before EOY. Just my opinion.
I totally agree. I received the same “in production and ready to apply for financing” notification via email and on my account the day after I spoke to my DA who said production in January and delivery in February. They might be erring on the side of caution and delivery will be in January sometime but 0% chance for me by EOY. Still hopeful for some of the rest of you though!

Thanks for maintaining the tracker, Joe. Can you please add mine as well ...

Reservation: May 16, 2022
Confirmation/Order: Dec 4, 2022
VIN assigned: Dec 9, 2022 (super surprised! Saw it on the portal, no email notification though)
Specification: AT, Cosmos Silver, Tahoe, 19", Glass canopy, DDP, SSP
State: California

My DA from Costa Mesa contacted me the day after I placed my order and took some initial details over the phone. Once I saw the VIN assigned I updated the rest of my profile - uploaded license. I now see the "Apply for Lucid financing" link active as well. I have tried to contact DA about delivery timeframe so that I can prepare financing but havent heard from him yet. I read on this thread that is ~2-4 weeks from VIN assignment to delivery. Can anybody who took delivery of AT recently confirm the delivery timeframe please?

I’ve personally never seen it posted, but I also pretty much just stick to this thread.
I really encourage you to expand your reading on this forum. It will prepare you for possible issues when you are an owner. I never would have known how to release the charging cable when the car locked it in place if I hadn't read a post about it. How to reboot the car. The Bobby reset. How people have handled really large phones in the car charger. Flat tires, getting your car towed. Also, just knowledge and experiences being shared about different aspects of ownership. Trip reports. Products people have bought for the car.

I really encourage you to expand your reading on this forum. It will prepare you for possible issues when you are an owner. I never would have known how to release the charging cable when the car locked it in place if I hadn't read a post about it. How to reboot the car. The Bobby reset. How people have handled really large phones in the car charger. Flat tires, getting your car towed. Also, just knowledge and experiences being shared about different aspects of ownership. Trip reports. Products people have bought for the car.
Could you please post the thread for me on how to release the charging cable when the car locks it in place?

Thanks for maintaining the tracker, Joe. Can you please add mine as well ...

Reservation: May 16, 2022
Confirmation/Order: Dec 4, 2022
VIN assigned: Dec 9, 2022 (super surprised! Saw it on the portal, no email notification though)
Specification: AT, Cosmos Silver, Tahoe, 19", Glass canopy, DDP, SSP
State: California

My DA from Costa Mesa contacted me the day after I placed my order and took some initial details over the phone. Once I saw the VIN assigned I updated the rest of my profile - uploaded license. I now see the "Apply for Lucid financing" link active as well. I have tried to contact DA about delivery timeframe so that I can prepare financing but havent heard from him yet. I read on this thread that is ~2-4 weeks from VIN assignment to delivery. Can anybody who took delivery of AT recently confirm the delivery timeframe please?
I think it was more like a 1-2 week time frame but everyone had different circumstances and I think the more recent deliveries will be more telling. Also sounds like you might have obtained a VIN for a car that’s already built rather than some of us, whose cars are still in pieces, so it could go pretty fast.

Please keep us updated on your experience. I’m also taking delivery from Costa Mesa

Could you please post the thread for me on how to release the charging cable when the car locks it in place?
Please search “release cable”. This will point you to a wonderful link by @hydbob on October 27 that depicts the portion of the manual that describes the emergency release of the charging cable. I would have included a link but am not sure how to accomplish that task.

Please search “release cable”. This will point you to a wonderful link by @hydbob on October 27 that depicts the portion of the manual that describes the emergency release of the charging cable. I would have included a link but am not sure how to accomplish that task.
Thank you!

WA
Reserved 7/29/2021
Finalized 11/15/2022
Grey
Mojave
No Stealth
Glass roof
20" wheels
SSP
Dreamdrive Pro

Thx
-M

Reactions: Joe
Hope this helps. I copied this from @hydbob.
1670791921667.png

Back