Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

There are plenty of vehicles made. It is amazing how the rate has picked up. Have you seen the latest Bear’s workshop flyover? It seems it is just about getting them out and through PDI.

Same for me. Also have a Black /Tahoe, dashboard shows in production. The interesting part is that pick location shows as meatpacking district (NY) even though my car is being registered in NJ, I was told in the past I will be picking up at short hills.

Anyway, hoping for some good news this week.
Same for me Red / Tahoe status shows in production. Hopefully will get vin in next few days

Congrats! Looking forward to my delivery at 11AM tomorrow. Not looking forward to a rare rain in Phoenix shortly afterward, which will dirty my new ride.
From what I remember living in Phoenix, the dust will get you either way :D

Visited the Riviera Beach Service Center this morning to find a truck unloading Silver/SC Tourings. Aside from that, the Delivery Operations Advisor estimated there were approximately 200 Lucid Air models of all types (except Pure) in the lot. It was a sight to behold. He walked us through the lot and showed us every color combo and wheel type offered. He didn't know if any were inventory cars though. Since my first DA was non-communicative and wasn't there today, they assigned me a new DA for both cars. The exciting news I learned is that my Black/SC Touring is due to arrive on 12/14. They started the ball rolling by expediting a purchase agreement and after I got home I received an official VIN assignment email. My second order with metal roof and SS is still waiting for production.

Last edited:
@joec - Pls update the tracker. Magically my VIN appeared tonight and status is now "Preparing for delivery". However, dashboard still shows "Change Requested" since I am switching from AT to AGT. So not sure if the VIN is for the latter and will have to confirm with my SA on Monday (DA is not responsive at all and all correspondence and change request went through the SA). Christmas is going to be early this year as it looks!!!!

Reactions: Joe
I talked to my DA 2 days ago. Just a reminder: I live in Baltimore and have a QG AT SSP DDP 19" on order for delivery to Tysons. I received my VIN on 12/3. This is what my DA told me:
1. Could almost guarantee delivery by EOY if I pick it up in Chicago. Thought it was very likely that it would get to Tysons by EOY but didn't want to promise. He was going to look at the inventory and see if there is QG SC SSP DDP 19" that is already made and available (canceled order?) to expedite things. If this turns out to be the case I would be assigned a new VIN.

I logged in today not expecting any updates but it says preparing for production. Im only surprised because i ordered the Stealth option and didn't expect it until mid 1st qtr.
I am seeing “ln production” which surprised me since I ordered the Mojave interior. The apply for financing button is also now active. Not quite sure what that means for a timeline.

I am seeing “ln production” which surprised me since I ordered the Mojave interior. The apply for financing button is also now active. Not quite sure what that means for a timeline.
Means you can now apply for financing through Lucid Financial (BoFA) if you choose to go through them or you can just find your own financing. Unless you already have that secured or are self financing, you may have to wait till Monday to get quotes and approval from your bank…lol

Same here.
Just saw these 2 changes this evening on my dashboard.
Amazing.
Lucid really wants to crank out these Tourings.

My dashboard flipped from "Preparing for Production" to "In Production" today but no VIN assigned. Fully loaded Quantum Grey.

With almost everyone getting VINs even for options that aren’t available before Q1 2023 (No DDPRo, No SS Pro, Mojave, etc)
We shouldn’t be confident for EOY delivery.
It seems like it is a new process with an unknown timeline (maybe 60 day window for the financing reasons) but practically no way they are delivering all of these before EOY in the holiday season with some states covered in snow.
Please note I have my VIN from last week but still I can’t get any insurance quote because it is not showing in any system (car not manufactured yet).
Hopefully I am wrong but I don’t like what’s happening now as it is giving a lot of people hope and setting them up for a big disappointment if no delivery before EOY. Just my opinion.

With almost everyone getting VINs even for options that aren’t available before Q1 2023 (No DDPRo, No SS Pro, Mojave, etc)
We shouldn’t be confident for EOY delivery.
It seems like it is a new process with an unknown timeline (maybe 60 day window for the financing reasons) but practically no way they are delivering all of these before EOY in the holiday season with some states covered in snow.
Please note I have my VIN from last week but still I can’t get any insurance quote because it is not showing in any system (car not manufactured yet).
Hopefully I am wrong but I don’t like what’s happening now as it is giving a lot of people hope and setting them up for a big disappointment if no delivery before EOY. Just my opinion.
It's good to keep things in perspective. However, I still think the updated dashboard feature was a great move to help manage expectations for all of us still waiting for delivery.

It's good to keep things in perspective. However, I still think the updated dashboard feature was a great move to help manage expectations for all of us still waiting for delivery.
I totally agree. The previous manual process was really hard, having DAs call or respond to inquiries several times a week from order holders and trying to handle their frustrations I think led to several cancellations and dissatisfaction with the response time and rate.
However, I would think it would help if someone from Lucid provide clarification for expected realistic timelines for each stage (prep for production, production, delivery). It would help us better plan and not get disappointed after getting really high hopes.
I hope everyone gets their cars before EOY not just for the credit but also it is nice you got the best Christmas toy :).
We are all blessed and we should be grateful for being able to afford a car this nice. Happy holidays my fellow Lucid future owners!!

Back