• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I see this message on my dashboard since the new dashboard is available. Is this a generic message for all cars that are in "preparing for production" stage? I see a Tidal code but no VIN or no apply for financing button. I already uploaded my registration information and drivers license 2 weeks ago and the only other information I could click on is the update insurance option.

Please provide some details to help facilitate the production and delivery process.​

That is just a generic message. Look to the right side. Everything should be grayed out except for Apply for Lucid financing (optional), assuming you've entered all relevant information. On the left side, you should have information on your Delivery Advisor (name and email address), VIN, Tidal Code and Pickup location.

With almost everyone getting VINs even for options that aren’t available before Q1 2023 (No DDPRo, No SS Pro, Mojave, etc)
We shouldn’t be confident for EOY delivery.
It seems like it is a new process with an unknown timeline (maybe 60 day window for the financing reasons) but practically no way they are delivering all of these before EOY in the holiday season with some states covered in snow.
Please note I have my VIN from last week but still I can’t get any insurance quote because it is not showing in any system (car not manufactured yet).
Hopefully I am wrong but I don’t like what’s happening now as it is giving a lot of people hope and setting them up for a big disappointment if no delivery before EOY. Just my opinion.
@DOP@30 which insurance company do you have ? I got a quote from Geico for $600 / half a year

@DOP@30 which insurance company do you have ? I got a quote from Geico for $600 / half a year
That is a good deal. Can you share the details such as coverage and deductibles? The quote I got for Grand Touring was 850 / half year $1k collison deductible, $250 comprehensive and $50 glass deductibles with 100k prop damage/500k bodily injury all/250k bodily injury per person from Travelers but my car is going to be 30% cheaper. Pure AWD DDp, SSp.

Happy for you folks waiting for Touring. Looks like a bunch are getting delivered this year. I love it as a stock holder while I wait for my car impatiently.

That is a good deal. Can you share the details such as coverage and deductibles? The quote I got for Grand Touring was 850 / half year $1k collison deductible, $250 comprehensive and $50 glass deductibles with 100k prop damage/500k bodily injury all/250k bodily injury per person from Travelers but my car is going to be 30% cheaper. Pure AWD DDp, SSp.
I got the quote when I priced it last week via Geigo app and I have 2 other cars with them. $1000 deduct $300k/$600k. My normal payment with them is $1050

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-12 113125.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-12 113125.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 80
I am currently with Farmers. But so far I couldn't get any quotes as the VIN is not showing on their system
o_OI wonder how long it takes for the VIN to show up on the system. In one of the cars tracked here, VIN Dec 5, Delivery Dec 10 and proof of insurance is required when we pickup? All we can show is current insurance in such a case.

o_OI wonder how long it takes for the VIN to show up on the system. In one of the cars tracked here, VIN Dec 5, Delivery Dec 10 and proof of insurance is required when we pickup? All we can show is current insurance in such a case.
I was able to get my new VIN on my insurance. My car was finished production when I got my VIN. My agent post dated it to Dec 20 for now, until I have a firm delivery date. That was enough to satisfy Lucid until delivery. Once I get the date of delivery my agent is standing by to send me new temporary cards with the service date of my pickup date.

That's a bummer, hopefully you get your vin soon.
I have my VIN since 12/9 but I can't get a quote as Farmers system can't verify the VIN. I just checked with Geico and still VIN is not showing on their system either.
I remember my DA gave me heads up that it may take a while until the VIN starts showing for insurance companies to verify.
Which in my opinion makes me think that the IN PRODUCTION phase may be such an early stage and make me doubt EOY delivery

I was able to get my new VIN on my insurance. My car was finished production when I got my VIN. My agent post dated it to Dec 20 for now, until I have a firm delivery date. That was enough to satisfy Lucid until delivery. Once I get the date of delivery my agent is standing by to send me new temporary cards with the service date of my pickup date.
I think you got your VIN with the old manual process. I am doubtful about all the VINs received on 12/9 and later from the lucid website.
I think they changed the process and the timelines will totally different than those who got their VINs earlier before the new process.

I have my VIN since 12/9 but I can't get a quote as Farmers system can't verify the VIN. I just checked with Geico and still VIN is not showing on their system either.
I remember my DA gave me heads up that it may take a while until the VIN starts showing for insurance companies to verify.
Which in my opinion makes me think that the IN PRODUCTION phase may be such an early stage and make me doubt EOY delivery
Perhaps your VIN was transmitted late at the end of Friday and someone may be needed to verify it before it is seen. It may need more than 1 working day?

Sorry to hear that,, I got the vin the same day as you but I guess I was lucky. I was able to quote via Geigo. But don't worry, It will sort it out soon.

Just got call from my new DA. He expects VIN assignment in the next day or so. He confirmed my Black / Tahoe is in General Assembly as indicated on my Dashboard. Assuming all goes well, my AT could be on its way to Houston by the end of the week! While my DA wouldn't guarantee EOY delivery he was very optimistic. Fingers are crossed...

Back