Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

No, we're not able to get our car today as scheduled.
I'm sorry to hear that. Did the car not actually make it to town? Mine barely made it here, amongst other logistical issues.

Derek from the Seattle office got it all sorted out for me and Lucid corporate signed off on my delivery today. Anthony doing the delivery today was also very nice to work with.

We did find some paint hairline scratches, also there was an issue with lower screen repeatedly retracting. The service team was able to take care of all those issues for us before we left.

Overall the vehicle looks great, I’m a happy camper now.
You were probably right ahead of me.. you were waiting outside while they were taking care of last few things when I came in with family?

I pinged Jess again today then she told me HQ approved delivery. Delivery was smooth except they found driver side window not working properly. I need to bring it back on Tuesday:(

Sorry to hear. What issues did you find? I could find only a little white material between the rear window and trim. Otherwise. I thought the fit and finish were outstanding on my car.
The trim on both of the rear wheel wells were really loose, the charger door paint had some really noticeable discoloration on one side, the passenger side fender was misaligned and was sticking out, the left end of the trunk seal wasn't adhered as well as the right, and there was a paint chip on the edge of the front passenger door. I knew what I was getting myself into, but I still felt slightly disappointed anyways. Going to have service fix these minor defects sometime next week, so perhaps by then I'll feel better.

You were probably right ahead of me.. you were waiting outside while they were taking care of last few things when I came in with family?

I pinged Jess again today then she told me HQ approved delivery. Delivery was smooth except they found driver side window not working properly. I need to bring it back on Tuesday:(
I was mostly waiting inside, but I might be just ahead of you. Was that ZR on the far right yours? That’s my QG at the front in the photo.

Attachments

• CD9B936D-06FE-4D1E-A51B-F6FCA89921F3.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 202
I'm sorry to hear that. Did the car not actually make it to town? Mine barely made it here, amongst other logistical issues.
We had a reservation at noon and flew home from vacation early to take delivery. We were told the hauler was having mechanical problems and was broken down in MD. After waiting 9.5 hrs we received a call indicating that the hauler had an accident. Our car along with 3 others were damaged. The airbags were deployed and they're not sure what else was damaged. Ugh!!! So the waiting game continues...

We had a reservation at noon and flew home from vacation early to take delivery. We were told the hauler was having mechanical problems and was broken down in MD. After waiting 9.5 hrs we received a call indicating that the hauler had an accident. Our car along with 3 others were damaged. The airbags were deployed and they're not sure what else was damaged. Ugh!!! So the waiting game continues...
No way.. that's terrible luck. Hoping for eoy for you

Gee, I hope the driver of the hauler and anyone else involved in the accident wasn’t hurt.

Usually, that’s my first response when something like this happens.

Sucks for the folks that didn’t get their cars, too. Don’t get me wrong. But they can always make another car.

Gee, I hope the driver of the hauler and anyone else involved in the accident wasn’t hurt.

Sucks for the folks that didn’t get their cars, too. Don’t get me wrong. But they can always make another car.
Yes, of course that is absolutely the most important thing!!!

They must be under a lot of stress... give them a holiday break!

Due to some weather issues wasn’t sure my car would make it to Colorado today. Luckily it arrived and I was able to take delivery today. Many thanks to Antoinette and Danny at the Denver studio. Kept me updated throughout the process. They were awesome!

In retrospect, I think the Lucid team did great in trying to get as many cars delivered before eoy. A lot of folks (including my self) who had no expectation to get their cars this year were surprised to find out thy had a shot at it.

There are probable a handful of people who didn’t get their cars and are disappointed, and I would be disappointed to. From what my DA (Omar) has told me, corporate would consider a complete failure any car that made it to the studio but wasn’t delivered before EOY. Clearly, they have moved a lot of obstacles to get as many cars delivers as possible. But of course with such short time frame, there are so many things that can go wrong.

It would be nice if they would give folks who were supposed to get heir vehicles but didn’t, some sort of compensation. However I would consider that an overly generous gesture.

Back