Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Signed, sealed, delivered … @joec please update the tracker for my QG Touring. Thanks for maintaining the list. I recommended the site to a few people waiting on their vehicles… expect an uptick! Lol!

@Firstto520 … was good to meet you at the CM Service Center. The team did an excellent job. Shout out to Ariel for staying on top of everything during the process.

Signed, sealed, delivered … @joec please update the tracker for my QG Touring. Thanks for maintaining the list. I recommended the site to a few people waiting on their vehicles… expect an uptick! Lol!

@Firstto520 … was good to meet you at the CM Service Center. The team did an excellent job. Shout out to Ariel for staying on top of everything during the process.
Done. And congrats.

Wild. Sometime, can you do me a favor? Charge up to 100% and test it? I’m immensely curious.
I bet a full charge gets a lot closer to that 155mph limit. Side note, I lived in Germany for a bit and scratched the high speed itch with an Audi S5. I had a near-collision at 125mph that got real interesting because someone pulled in front of me unexpectedly. I wouldn’t ever take a 5000+ lb car that fast anymore.

Ditto that. Ariel was a pleasure to work with.

I had the same experience with Jess over the last 2 days. I eventually called both the service center and the studio to confirm the vehicle is in Seattle and I’m in the delivery queue. They told me to wait for delivery schedule, a few hours later another person reached out to me and helped me schedule my delivery for Saturday morning delivery. They also asked for some of the information that I already provided to Jess. That was a big relief.

Both of them seems to be communicating with Jess, so I don’t think she’s completely MIA. It’s quite possible that Lucid is doing a lot of deliveries during this week and Jess was overwhelmed.

That said, the situation could’ve been handled better by sharing the work load among the employees (like cc’ing an SA who can help with the delivery coordination… etc) instead of leaving customers in the dark and go radio silence.
I'm also assuming she was overwhelmed. I called the service center and they were able to get in touch with her. I'm getting delivery tomorrow 12/31 @ 2 PM. Really cut it close for end of year delivery, but I'm glad I was able to make it.

Talked to my DA for the first time today and later on got my purchase agreement! Hoping that means the vehicle is nearing completion? They told me 2-4 weeks so mid to late January delivery.

Picked up my Black/Tahoe AT today from
Costa Mesa (or rather, my friend did because I’m out of the country). DA Russell was really great to work with and put in the time and effort to make EOY delivery happen. Really grateful for that, and can’t wait to drive her when I return.

107FBED5-EE6B-422A-9440-EE3EE268F011.jpeg
1D097CD6-02C1-4446-9BF1-F02DD8BD7E82.jpeg

Picked up my Black/Tahoe AT today from
Costa Mesa (or rather, my friend did because I’m out of the country). DA Russell was really great to work with and put in the time and effort to make EOY delivery happen. Really grateful for that, and can’t wait to drive her when I return.

View attachment 8126View attachment 8127
Looks almost blue in the first picture.

Is it just me, or have others also not been getting any response - email or otherwise - from the DA in the west coast 😕. Tried multiple emails, called in one time and the agents on the phone said they'd raise the issue with them. Still, nothing.

My Millbrae DA has been absolutely useless. Contacted me just once some 3 weeks after I confirmed the order. All other contact was initiated by me and would take 3-4 days to get back to me. No suggestions on changing options to get faster delivery while plenty of folks here have been able to get into unallocated/cancelled cars to expedite delivery.

Just got a call from Lucid on the delivery saga, UPS attempted to deliver the cashier check Friday morning at 10:50am, but the Lucid office was closed!!!

Now my delivery is pushed to Saturday afternoon IF UPS can deliver again Saturday morning. Lucid requires a physical check on hand at California in order for me to take delivery at Seattle. The image of the cashier check is also not acceptable. So basically I’m stuck waiting with no recourse, it’s too late in the date that I can’t even wire them the full amount.

To say I’m disappointed would be a huge understatement! This is definitely a more frustrating experience than buying from a normal dealership.

Is it just me, or have others also not been getting any response - email or otherwise - from the DA in the west coast 😕. Tried multiple emails, called in one time and the agents on the phone said they'd raise the issue with them. Still, nothing.
I got my Touring yesterday which was great. However, it was more torture than having a baby. MY CA DA was very nonresponsive & I only got some traction after I became a real pain in the ass & went over & around him in every way I could. On the flip side I dealt with 2 wonderful folks in Riviera Beach when I picked up the car.

Well it finally happened! We picked up our Black / Tahoe this evening at the Plano Studio. Everything went well but will have to take a closer look at the exterior tomorrow in the daylight. Big thanks to my DA Faraz, and the folks in the Houston Service Center who managed to turn the car in two days and put it on a transport to Plano this morning.

The drive home was exhilarating! Just too short... After a harrowing exit out of the parking garage at Legacy West, I let my wife take the wheel. She had the same grin that I did and was amazed at the ride and acceleration (this was her first time to drive the AT)! Plan on taking a short road trip tomorrow to east TX so I hope to be able to see what she can do. Then back to Dallas for PPF and tint...

Joe, please update my status to delivered!

Well it finally happened! We picked up our Black / Tahoe this evening at the Plano Studio. Everything went well but will have to take a closer look at the exterior tomorrow in the daylight. Big thanks to my DA Faraz, and the folks in the Houston Service Center who managed to turn the car in two days and put it on a transport to Plano this morning.

The drive home was exhilarating! Just too short... After a harrowing exit out of the parking garage at Legacy West, I let my wife take the wheel. She had the same grin that I did and was amazed at the ride and acceleration (this was her first time to drive the AT)! Plan on taking a short road trip tomorrow to east TX so I hope to be able to see what she can do. Then back to Dallas for PPF and tint...

Joe, please update my status to delivered!

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the club! I know this has been a long time coming. Try out the Mount Pleasant EA and you will love the Lucid charger at home!

Picked up our Zenith Red Touring at Millbrae today evening! Wonderful event, got a chance to meet Peter (and our frunk autographed by him!). It’s an amazing car, fully enjoyed the drive back home, was also able to try out Highway Assist for a bit on the way back. They had about 15-16 deliveries during the day today, including the first batch of Pures earlier in the day. For our slot, there were 4-5 others taking delivery at the same time. Brilliant experience overall. So happy we were able to make it all come together by year end!

Attachments

• A421D2D1-7513-45F4-9795-69E2B22D1AAB.jpeg
    A421D2D1-7513-45F4-9795-69E2B22D1AAB.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 152
  • 11FB04CD-E8EE-4C81-BDE0-C06BBE181391.jpeg
    11FB04CD-E8EE-4C81-BDE0-C06BBE181391.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 141
  • DC0E1CC1-1910-4DB4-82FB-8DE502FB36F7.jpeg
    DC0E1CC1-1910-4DB4-82FB-8DE502FB36F7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
  • 972D08E2-ACA4-470A-884A-B32C04E17C6C.jpeg
    972D08E2-ACA4-470A-884A-B32C04E17C6C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 147
Just got a call from Lucid on the delivery saga, UPS attempted to deliver the cashier check Friday morning at 10:50am, but the Lucid office was closed!!!

Now my delivery is pushed to Saturday afternoon IF UPS can deliver again Saturday morning. Lucid requires a physical check on hand at California in order for me to take delivery at Seattle. The image of the cashier check is also not acceptable. So basically I’m stuck waiting with no recourse, it’s too late in the date that I can’t even wire them the full amount.

To say I’m disappointed would be a huge understatement! This is definitely a more frustrating experience than buying from a normal dealership.
Very frustrating experience with my DA Jess here as well. After days of the DA being MIA, I contacted the studio today to take delivery and that person's escalation got Jess to respond, and at 12pm she tells me that car is ready for delivery but she needs to the check to arrive at Lucid HQ in CA before she can allow delivery. This, while earlier she told me, on text, explicitly stating that payment can happen any time before delivery and did not state the dependency reqt. so I sent her image of the check being sent to Lucid from my financing CU, but she says NO, she needs it in the hands of someone at Lucid before she can green light delivery. I am totally frustrated.

I dont have email addresses of HQ to escalate this to otherwise I will. This is just unacceptable

Very frustrating experience with my DA Jess here as well. After days of the DA being MIA, I contacted the studio today to take delivery and that person's escalation got Jess to respond, and at 12pm she tells me that car is ready for delivery but she needs to the check to arrive at Lucid HQ in CA before she can allow delivery. This, while earlier she told me, on text, explicitly stating that payment can happen any time before delivery and did not state the dependency reqt. so I sent her image of the check being sent to Lucid from my financing CU, but she says NO, she needs it in the hands of someone at Lucid before she can green light delivery. I am totally frustrated.

I dont have email addresses of HQ to escalate this to otherwise I will. This is just unacceptable
So sorry to hear that happened to you as well. The CU I'm using does not do wire transfers for auto loans, I offered to pick it up personally and hand it to Lucid, but Lucid couldn't accept that. It's either mail check to HQ or wire transfer. I thought I took care of it by overnighting the check to Lucid HQ in CA Thursday morning. Who would have thought Lucid HQ office was closed when UPS attempted delivery at 10:50am Friday morning.

I even called the service center Friday to confirm everything is okay and was told everything is good to go and I only found out about this check delivery snafu Friday 6pm. By that time, I already cut short my trip from Vancouver BC and was on my way driving back to Seattle so that I can take delivery tomorrow morning.

To Lucid's credit, when I was talking to the people from their Seattle service center and office were all very nice and trying their best to help. My case was escalated, but no result so far. I'm back to waiting for UPS to make another delivery attempt tomorrow, there's no promises, since UPS's policy is to try again next business day which is Tuesday. But the Lucid rep said they did call UPS's office and there's "very high chance" this can happen. I accepted to change my delivery window to tomorrow late afternoon to give the best chance of success. Back to nervous waiting in frustration.

Back