Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Reservation Date - 5/14/21
Finalized - 8/10/22
Color - Infinite Black
Interior - Tahoe
Roof - Glass
Wheels - 20"
State: TX

It happened to me yesterday and looks like it happened to some more folks today. Did you have a VIN previously and has it disappeared now?

I've texted and emailed my DA but getting crickets back. I scheduled a call with her tomorrow so hopefully I'll get more info by then.
No I did not previously have a VIN. Still in the dark.

Hi! Been following this forum since I reserved the car earlier this year. This is my first EV and this forum has been really helpful in answering many questions I had regarding EV's in general and Lucid

I was told that my car is now in Chicago and will be shipped to Short Hills once PDI is complete.

Reservation Placed: May 6 2022
Order Confirmed: Nov 01, 2022
Vin Issued: Dec 06 2022
Zenith Red
Glass Canopy
Santa Cruz Interior
19” Aero Range Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive Pro

I blame Lucid for getting us to upspec cars saying EOY delivery and not following through. If they miss EOY delivery and do not let me remove the glass roof and ssp options I will be cancelling the car

I added the roof and SSP options only because I would get the car faster and they would basically be free with the $7500 credit. If I dont get EOY delivery thats an extra ~8k in options that I simply dont want.

After the summer announcement of reduced production I had basically given up on getting delivery this year and even bought an i8 to serve as my commuter while waiting for the Lucid. I was totally fine with waiting till 2023 for the car. Then this whole hurry up and wait situation happened which has been very badly handled IMHO

Logged into my Lucid dashboard this morning to find a VIN (!). Quantum Grey, Mojave, SSP, vanilla DreamDrive.
Nice to see Mojave! What does your dashboard say? In production? Maybe I missed something but I didn't realize Mojave was starting already. I know we're only 10 days from Q1. But, if I had known they were going to produce some mojave interiors in 2022 (and possibly deliver), I probably wouldn't have changed my order configuration.

Nice to see Mojave! What does your dashboard say? In production? Maybe I missed something but I didn't realize Mojave was starting already. I know we're only 10 days from Q1. But, if I had known they were going to produce some mojave interiors in 2022 (and possibly deliver), I probably wouldn't have changed my order configuration.
It's said "In production" for about a week. I texted my DA who said that was a system glitch and that he'd reach out when my car was actually in production. Today I noticed the VIN for the first time. Now awaiting a response to another text to my DA.

Assuming this isn't another glitch, and my car truly is being built now, it still has to be transported from AZ to IL to NJ...doubt that will happen by end of year.

Do we need Lucid App set up prior to delivery/pickup? Does it use same account that we used for purchase?

I won't get into the politics of anything here because you won't convince me and vice versa. My feelings on the Transition Rule in the actual language of the law, and not simply the language on the IRS' website, and how the IRA doesn't even apply to those of us with binding contracts prior to the passage of the IRA is well documented in the tax credit thread so I'll leave it at that.

My concern personally isn't about the tax credit that Lucid is incorrectly informing their customers that they won't receive, it's more about this entire ramp up and delivery process, uninformed DA's, the delivery bottleneck this ramp up has caused, and a completely useless dashboard!

Like I said earlier, I adore this car -- hell, I have a 20" x 30" poster of it in my garage so I can look at it everyday until the car arrives so I will wait. I have no intention of cancelling my order.
Patience, they are only in their first year, supply chain issues, stock not doing well...but everyone who bought says the car is great. Worth the wait. Even Porsche has its delays.

Do we need Lucid App set up prior to delivery/pickup? Does it use same account that we used for purchase?
Confirmed with my DA it’s not required. But all you need to do is download the app and login with your normal credentials

Lucid actually already has a lot of the additional information on their side, in their electronic systems, you just have to call and hope you get someone willing to tell you that level of information. I assume they are just being cautious with not over sharing info, but I think the net benefit of even just a little more granularity would help everyone. The dashboard itself was a big step in the right direction, so hopefully they keep improving. As a buyer and an investor, these are the kinds of things I want to see.

As far as in production sub processes …

P1: unknown number of steps, presumably just an “in queue” status that is already reflected by the dashboard migrating to the “in production” phase. I think some of the cars are entering this phase a bit prematurely and causing frustration, but I have no idea

P2: VIN assigned, already reflected in the dashboard

P3: general assembly (car build for ~1 day followed by software installation for 1-2 days). My DA and even the call center knew when I was here. As far as I can tell, there’s some level of QC occurring here, now including the trunk latch issue that was recently identified. I think the 1 day build is impressive and I wouldn’t want that step to be rushed.

P4: built and awaiting transport. My DA emailed me when I hit this mark. For Costa Mesa, I was told 3-7 days is the range, but obviously bad luck here can really slow things down. Presumably the bomb cyclone is one of them. But, it’s clear they are improving in this department as time goes on. I suspect the recent hold (which has already ended) was due to the trunk latch issue; it makes no sense to ship out 100s of cars that will need to be fixed if that’s easily addressable at the factory. I think it’s a good sign they identified the problem and implemented a solution as fast as they did

P5: arrived at service center and awaiting inspection. My DA was out yesterday but will email me when I hit this part. Hopefully I’m there, but I’m only 4 days out from confirmation of the car being built.

P6: PDI. From what I’ve been told, 99% of the cars pass. I think it’s 1-2 days.

Once PDI is complete, the status moves to preparing for delivery, already reflected in the dashboard.

I’m somewhere between P4-P5. I will say that customer service isn’t Lucid’s strong suit at the moment, but the speed at which they ramped up production is very hard to keep up with. It takes time to hire and train people, and most people do not take on new jobs when the holidays are on the horizon. Scaling up is extremely difficult. I recently watched a company do this too fast, and it resulted in a lot of missteps due to lack of training and coordination, which ultimately resulted in law suits that had to be settled.

I would encourage anyone throwing their hands up because they aren’t hearing from their DA to be more proactive if they want EOY delivery. I call, text, and email anytime I want an update (not all at once, but progressively over the course of a few hours). If I don’t hear back, I call and email others, like my SA, the service center where my car is going, and the general call center. You can ask for DA re-assignment. DAs have more power than they are letting on.

Good luck, Everyone
Wow you have an incredible amount of detailed status on your car. My last contact with backup DA claimed they only had the information posted on the dashboard- no other details. This is Costa Mesa delivery center.

Just curious if anyone has any insight into what type of production schedule Lucid's factory is operating... two shifts per day? 24/7? I wouldn't expect them to shut down over the holidays, but some companies actually shut down the last week of the year.

Another frustrating chapter. Earlier, my DA admitted that his financial people were remiss in not getting the payment information to my loan company (USAA). I was told he was tracking it and that the financial group “were on it”. All week the USAA funds were the only thing holding up delivery. Again today, my delivery was rescheduled for tomorrow as the funds still had not arrived. I finally called USAA to check on the status of payment and was told that they had no paperwork from Lucid. Called my DA and voiced my strong disappointment and displeasure. When last heard from, my DA was sitting with his supervisor to try and address the issue. We were to UBER to Costa Mesa to pick up the car tomorrow and proceed to LA for a family Christmas. LUCID coal in my stocking.💩

Hi! Been following this forum since I reserved the car earlier this year. This is my first EV and this forum has been really helpful in answering many questions I had regarding EV's in general and Lucid

I was told that my car is now in Chicago and will be shipped to Short Hills once PDI is complete.

Reservation Placed: May 6 2022
Order Confirmed: Nov 01, 2022
Vin Issued: Dec 06 2022
Zenith Red
Glass Canopy
Santa Cruz Interior
19” Aero Range Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive Pro
Nice! My reservation was 12/21 otherwise all else is the same. Hope you get yours before end of year. Mine is still in production.

One thing I want to touch on that I am frustrated with. Lucid told customers including myself that DDP would in fact be AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT build. That the car would NOT have the hardware installed and would be on an entirely different line. This appears to be....bullshit. As non DDP are being built and software limited. This was the premise of purchasing DDP with the promise of "99% chance of delivery before EOY.". Also BS.
I hope the delivery works out for you.

Lucid has advertised GTs with DDP and SSP hardware that will have a trial period. We know that Lucid is building GTs with the DDP and SP hardware and software limiting them. So far we have not seen anything one way or the other if this is true on the Touring and Pure trims. I don't think it is fair to call BS yet.

While my car is still showing as “in production,” my DA confirmed today it is now in transit to Seattle (hopefully with a few other Seattle members’ cars). I’m looking at delivery late next week.

Nice! My reservation was 12/21 otherwise all else is the same. Hope you get yours before end of year. Mine is still in production.
My dashboard was showing up as in production until this afternoon. Hope you get your confirmation soon 🤞

Back