Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Dashboard is confirming delievry scheduled for Saturday at noon...SUPER pumped.

For those who took home delivery, what was the process like? Did a DA call you upon delivery to do walk-through, assign the car to your account, etc...? Did you get any further contact between the time the date/time showed on the dashboard and the actual delivery?
Scroll back through this thread. I describe my home delivery experience in detail. My delivery was on Valentine's Day,

Question - I have my older car (BMW) whose license plate I wish to use for my new Lucid. But I also need to sell the BMW. So how would that sequence of selling and registration work?

1) Do I sell the BMW first, retain the license plate and take it to the DMV, register the lucid and apply license plate to lucid? Or
2) Do I go register the Lucid first, transfer the license plate and then go sell the BMW (But that means I drive the BMW without a license plate on).

Super confused...please advise. Thanks in advance

Also - What is the fastest and easiest way to sell a car? Carmax? others? Im just hoping to offload...thanks..

Also - What is the fastest and easiest way to sell a car? Carmax? others? Im just hoping to offload...thanks..
You'll be better off hitting 3-4 local dealerships than going with Carmax or Carvana. Pop in and see what they'll do for you, call all back with the best price you got and ask for their best and final offers.

Delivery went very well.. they did say they prioritized my vehicle as I had paid for the car o that was some Intel... No problems at all otherwise..they got us an Uber suv so very comfy trip to the delivery center... the person delivering the car gave my wife a Lucid bottle too which was a cool touch.. he was then also very patient with the 70 point checklist I whipped out to go through and he stated that Lucid was aware of that list and to take my time going through it.. no issues whatsoever .. paint was good, trims and fitment too.. definitely improved than say last year.
Is this the checklist you use, I only see 50 points?

If it is not the same, could you please up load your 70 points checklist again
I will pick up my car next week at Houston center.
Thanks

Is this the checklist you use, I only see 50 points?

If it is not the same, could you please up load your 70 points checklist again
I will pick up my car next week at Houston center.
Thanks
It's the same one...

I did bring the list with me but have to say the PDI for my car was almost perfect.
I only saw a scratch on a trim piece.
Personally, I'd inspect the car just like any other new car and wouldn't worry much about the checklist.

I did bring the list with me but have to say the PDI for my car was almost perfect.
I only saw a scratch on a trim piece.
Personally, I'd inspect the car just like any other new car and wouldn't worry much about the checklist.
Almost exactly describes my experience as well...

BTW- the amount displayed by KBB or Edmunds when you do that is just a ballpark. Some dealers were not willing to pay that much (which I thought was BS). But, I ended up selling my car for $700 above the top onlin offer after negotiating with the dealer that wanted it. How good are you at negotiations? ;)

I like cars.com. Search for similar cars as yours to get a price range, reduce yours by $250-500 if you can, pay the premium fee (it used to be like $50 so you can put unlimited pictures) and your car will be first on the list when anyone sorts by cheapest.

Took delivery at 730am today. Lucid delivery center called me at 8 last night asking if I would mind taking the delivery early today and having my virtual walk through later in the day. I of course wanted to get my hands on it as quickly as possible.

We're at the top of a mountain in south Asheville and the delivery driver was (justifiably) nervous about trying to haul up the hill, so we met in the back parking lot of Publix. Seemed like a lot of people were arriving for their shifts, lots of looks and questions.

Car is beautiful, nothing wrong outside of a small alignment problem on the front passenger side and some residue from a sticker that will be no problem to get off.

Expecting the virtual walk through around noon today. Super pumped, this thing has lived up to every expectation!

Attachments

• 20230304_081243.jpg
    20230304_081243.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 144
  • 20230304_081150.jpg
    20230304_081150.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 141
Took delivery at 730am today. Lucid delivery center called me at 8 last night asking if I would mind taking the delivery early today and having my virtual walk through later in the day. I of course wanted to get my hands on it as quickly as possible.

We're at the top of a mountain in south Asheville and the delivery driver was (justifiably) nervous about trying to haul up the hill, so we met in the back parking lot of Publix. Seemed like a lot of people were arriving for their shifts, lots of looks and questions.

Car is beautiful, nothing wrong outside of a small alignment problem on the front passenger side and some residue from a sticker that will be no problem to get off.

Expecting the virtual walk through around noon today. Super pumped, this thing has lived up to every expectation!
Are you going to put in a support ticket for the alignment problem, or not what the trouble?

I probably will, but not going to make a federal case out of it, it's very minor.
I've always wondered if people bothered with those. One of the GTs on display at Tysons Corner has a small misalignment and i figured if it I had that, I mayblet it be

Beautiful! Just like mine will be! What interior did you choose?

Mine had a few misalignments; trunk lid, rear fenders, charge port door. I asked for correction and mobile service asked for pictures which I sent (below). When Nick came out, he totally agreed, wanted perfection. Nick (Tysons) worked it all in my garage, got darned near perfect and said for the the rear trunk lid he needed two more sets of hands and said it would have to go to the body shop he works with. Waiting for a call to schedule. While here he did fix driver door (would not latch without a slam) and driver window (would not close unless play with it 1/4" at a time).

I think they want it to be perfect, not just good enough.
1677942366812.png
1677942432891.png

Mine had a few misalignments; trunk lid, rear fenders, charge port door.
I recall a video Lucid released showing a Lucid employee measuring panel gaps with a caliper. A dig at Tesla? Too bad that employee was not on duty for your car.

Last edited:
Back