Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Yes about the contrast!
The 20s look sweet on everything :D I got the 19s because I drive a lot, around 600miles weekly (and Yes I plan to put all that on the Lucid until June when I won't need to drive that much anymore). Although if it wasn't too late, I may have changed to the 20s
I don't like the 20's with the covers on as much on the darker shades like ZR, IB, and QG but on Stellar White and Cosmos Silver.... A Chef's Kiss!!

TOOK DELIVERY TODAY! PUT 150 MILES ON IT... OMG.. WHAT A RIDE! THE WAIT WAS 100% ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!! TRUST me folks. You won't be disappointed... I mean I knew it was good.. but dam*!! It's eats miles... Now it's charging at my home charger.. ready for tomorrow..! Woo hoo...
How did the delivery go? Any problems? The good? Bad? I'm curious to know if the 2023 builds have better PDIs.

How did the delivery go? Any problems? The good? Bad? I'm curious to know if the 2023 builds have better PDIs.
Delivery went very well.. they did say they prioritized my vehicle as I had paid for the car o that was some Intel... No problems at all otherwise..they got us an Uber suv so very comfy trip to the delivery center... the person delivering the car gave my wife a Lucid bottle too which was a cool touch.. he was then also very patient with the 70 point checklist I whipped out to go through and he stated that Lucid was aware of that list and to take my time going through it.. no issues whatsoever .. paint was good, trims and fitment too.. definitely improved than say last year.

For those that have taken Touring delivery, especially recently: What is the manufacture (born on) date?
I am assuming Lucid stamps that on the frame somewhere.
Bonus question: same thing for the tires?

For those that have taken Touring delivery, especially recently: What is the manufacture (born on) date?
I am assuming Lucid stamps that on the frame somewhere.
Bonus question: same thing for the tires?
Vehicle date of Manufacture:
12/22

Tires:
RF - 5122
RR - 4122
LR - 4122
LF - 0122

You want my DOT numbers too? 😂😂😂

Fun fact, I have the tire DOT numbers because I registered them with Pirelli to activate the warranty.

Delivery went very well.. they did say they prioritized my vehicle as I had paid for the car o that was some Intel... No problems at all otherwise..they got us an Uber suv so very comfy trip to the delivery center... the person delivering the car gave my wife a Lucid bottle too which was a cool touch.. he was then also very patient with the 70 point checklist I whipped out to go through and he stated that Lucid was aware of that list and to take my time going through it.. no issues whatsoever .. paint was good, trims and fitment too.. definitely improved than say last year.
Could I ask what Delivery Center?

Did you pay before you got the PA? I can calculate exactly what mine will come up to, and I've considered mailing them a check to nudge them a bit. I really don't understand why it takes so long to generate a purchase agreement or give an official statement of the final price.

What are the thoughts about prepayment vs handing over a check at delivery? Is there better protection with the latter should things go awry?

Did you pay before you got the PA? I can calculate exactly what mine will come up to, and I've considered mailing them a check to nudge them a bit. I really don't understand why it takes so long to generate a purchase agreement or give an official statement of the final price.

What are the thoughts about prepayment vs handing over a check at delivery? Is there better protection with the latter should things go awry?
I know that sometimes there is no option to pay upon delivery. But I got my PA before I sent the $. Lucid, like other manufacturers, can't transact in NYS. So, any NY buyer has to pay in advance so that the actual sale happens in CA. NY has stupid laws based on the lobbying of the car dealers association so manufacturers can't sell direct. Thanks, NYS, for protecting us residents from the evils of cutting out the middle man :rolleyes::mad:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by protection. Its my understanding that Lucid has taken responsibility at any on-delivery problems. The only protection you have is if you are still on the fence about taking delivery or not, and that will buy more time.
@Halodde thanks for the response, I guess I will have to wait for the PA

I know that sometimes there is no option to pay upon delivery. But I got my PA before I sent the $. Lucid, like other manufacturers, can't transact in NYS. So, any NY buyer has to pay in advance so that the actual sale happens in CA. NY has stupid laws based on the lobbying of the car dealers association so manufacturers can't sell direct. Thanks, NYS, for protecting us residents from the evils of cutting out the middle man :rolleyes::mad:
OK, that makes sense. I’m in NY too. What did you need to bring to the MVB for the registration?

OK, that makes sense. I’m in NY too. What did you need to bring to the MVB for the registration?
Not sure yet. I hope to have delivery this weekend. But, since the car is coming with a 90 day temp reg from AZ, I'm going to milk that puppy as long as I can before I have to pay the sales tax upon NY reg!

No, I would never pay before the PA unless its a down payment of some minor % of the overall price...thing is when I got my first PA...we went through 4-5 differetn drafts of the PA give that we needed it updated to reflect older priceing...then the 7500 credit came in..etc. so had I paid early, I'd have to work with the bank to reformulate my payments etc. So better to just wait for the final final PA then proceed...

My dashboard just went from "In Production" to "Preparing for Delivery"!

Won't be long now!

I have my financing check from the CU, just need to ACH/wire the amount owed.

Dashboard is confirming delievry scheduled for Saturday at noon...SUPER pumped.

For those who took home delivery, what was the process like? Did a DA call you upon delivery to do walk-through, assign the car to your account, etc...? Did you get any further contact between the time the date/time showed on the dashboard and the actual delivery?

Back