• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Major milestones today... Got 45% tints and ppf done and back today... On the fence about them being slightly darker than I thought they'd be.. but oh well.. and got EA fast charging working for the first time today.. limited to 50kw but still was cool to see... Forgot all about the charging animation but then when I turned back to see it charge I was in love all over again. Hopefully you can see the video attached of what it looks like when it's charging from the front. Still loving it ❤️
is that 45? it looks real dark?

Is Alina your DA?

I might be there getting my ZR SC at the same time. They haven't told me that it's on its way to NoVA yet, but it should be soon.
Alina is my DA still waiting on a response from her. I started to think maybe my VIN was just a fad, but looked it up and it exists... so keeping fingers crossed. I don't understand why its taking so long to get a PA....
1678203564419.png

Attachments

• 1678203509487.png
    1678203509487.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 56
Tints were $850.. no windshield or roof..Xpel XR Plus... Ppf only did full front..bumpers full hood mirrors and headlights..Xpel Ultimate Plus... $1450 for 10mil thickness.. might go back and request 55% tints.. let's see... But gulf coast auto and John were awesome.. great shop..
On the tints, the higher the number the lighter correct? what tints are standard on the car?

Reactions: HES
Varies by state law.
Sorry what I meant to ask, what what level of tints come standard on the Lucid? it does look darker than other cars. In MD its 35 which I've heard look light and people go darker, but the 45% on those look really dark, so I'm curious what level is standard on the car

Sorry what I meant to ask, what what level of tints come standard on the Lucid? it does look darker than other cars. In MD its 35 which I've heard look light and people go darker, but the 45% on those look really dark, so I'm curious what level is standard on the car
Yes they're 45% and I verified via a solar meter also... I was also surprised by how dark they look.. might go back and have them redo it with 55... Also lower the number.. darker it is...

Yes they're 45% and I verified via a solar meter also... I was also surprised by how dark they look.. might go back and have them redo it with 55... Also lower the number.. darker it is...
Is it possible the windows initially only allowed 70% light in and they added a film that allows 45% light in, therefore giving you around 35% and not 45%... I hope this makes sense, or did you verify after the tint was added? I'm new to the tint thing, so I'm probably not making sense

Is it possible the windows initially only allowed 70% light in and they added a film that allows 45% light in, therefore giving you around 35% and not 45%... I hope this makes sense, or did you verify after the tint was added? I'm new to the tint thing, so I'm probably not making sense
We put a solar meter across the tint and it showed 45%.. so it's the right tint.. but it's growing on me.. I'm not to opposed to it after one day.. infact I think I like the privacy it gives me cos the lucid attracts a lot of eyeballs... And I'm not a fan of that.. so while I did not realize this prior to tints.. I'm beginning to appreciate the slightly darker tint to be honest... I'm giving it this week to see what I like .. the solar difference in how much heat comes in is incredible though.. it truly does a great job at blocking out heat... Glad I went with 98% solar blockage for a few dollars more...

We put a solar meter across the tint and it showed 45%.. so it's the right tint.. but it's growing on me.. I'm not to opposed to it after one day.. infact I think I like the privacy it gives me cos the lucid attracts a lot of eyeballs... And I'm not a fan of that.. so while I did not realize this prior to tints.. I'm beginning to appreciate the slightly darker tint to be honest... I'm giving it this week to see what I like .. the solar difference in how much heat comes in is incredible though.. it truly does a great job at blocking out heat... Glad I went with 98% solar blockage for a few dollars more...
Thanks for the tip on solar blockage, I'll enquire about that. I had planed to do 35% which is the max in my state, as I will also prefer a bit of privacy, but seeing your 45% is making me rethink.

Thanks for the tip on solar blockage, I'll enquire about that. I had planed to do 35% which is the max in my state, as I will also prefer a bit of privacy, but seeing your 45% is making me rethink.
Ok so 45 and 35 % etc has nothing to do with how much infrared gets blocked.. infrared is what makes you feel heat on your skin.. 45 and 35 etc refer to how much visible light is allowed to pass through the tint.. so 35 means less light passes through.. making it darker looking tint than 65 which will let 65 % of visible light through making it look very light... You want to get IR ceramic tints with 98% heat rejection... And then separately decide if you want 25% light to pass through .. which is very dark.. or 70% which is very very light tint... Hope that makes sense..

I don’t have a tint meter so purely a guess but probably 70 on the windows. Don’t know if that is simply from being laminated glass or some tint is there. As far as our perception of how dark a tint is, it depends on light conditions, bright overhead sun versus low in the sky or cloudy or indoors. In bright overhead light, I can see inside the car with 45. I have 70 on the windshield and front windows and 45 everywhere else. Didn’t want to go darker to ensure night visibility. The shop I used won’t go darker than 35.

Just got an email:

"Hope you are doing well, I wanted to share the great news that your vehicle has arrived to our location and we wanted to see when is the best date and time for us to schedule your delivery."

Just got an email:

"Hope you are doing well, I wanted to share the great news that your vehicle has arrived to our location and we wanted to see when is the best date and time for us to schedule your delivery."
Congratulations. Are you adding this to the RIS and GV60 or getting rid of one?

Congratulations. Are you adding this to the RIS and GV60 or getting rid of one?

The R1S isn't supposed to arrive until Oct-Dec 2023. At that point, I will let one go!

Just got an email:

I don't know if I should be happy for you or sad for me :cool:

Back