Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Well, I no longer have to answer the question "When are you getting your Lucid?" I picked up my AT yesterday, and other than the Chicago rush hour traffic, delivery was a great experience. Hanna M was my DA, and coordinated beautifully. The car itself is wonderful, enjoyed by wife and kids also. We started getting snow last night, and it may continue for a couple of days. That's a concern for me, with the 20's and summer rubber, but the car handled great this morning. The traction control corrected a couple of slides very early. Given the ice patches, vehicles in the ditch, and a wipeout by a colleague, I think that's pretty good. I'm keeping my Saturday morning appointment to install 19's with all-season rubber, but don't feel nervous any more. Inside the car, defogging happens in a minute, so you can deactivate when the windshield is clear. The only glitch I encountered was that I couldn't enter the code for the free trial of Tidal. The screen kept going back to Spotify (which I don't have) credentials.

Joe, please remove the VIN assigned to my order, post #3147.
I received a depressing email today from my DA telling me:
"In the last weeks of the year we were dealing with a lot of volume, and some errors were made in our system. The VIN that I shared with you was actually incorrectly assigned – it was the wrong configuration. So the systems team rectified this, but I missed the rectification and you fell off the radar in my system.

I apologize for any confusion and my lack of response, but I want to let you know that a vehicle has just been completed that matches your configuration.

If you like, we can assign this vehicle to you and proceed with getting it delivered as soon as possible."

I had agreed to add DDP to my original config when I was told that it would help in meeting the EOY deadline for the tax credit. My thought was I could accept DDP for the end cost of $1500. But missing the credit and the $9000 cost of DDP is something I am going to have to think about. My reply to my DA was if there is any way you can help me out, now's the time to tell me.
Waiting for a reply...... depressed and a little pissed off.
My DA called this week to inform me that if I leased my AT instead of purchasing, they would take the $7500 off the lease amount. and had a car available in my configuration available now I told him that a lease would not work for me, as Kansas and a few other states do not allow purchase post-lease, for some crazy reason. DA then told me that he is migrating to another position within Lucid, but would keep working on my account, as well as others w/Lucid, also informed of my situation. Still frustrated...

My DA called this week to inform me that if I leased my AT instead of purchasing, they would take the $7500 off the lease amount. and had a car available in my configuration available now I told him that a lease would not work for me, as Kansas and a few other states do not allow purchase post-lease, for some crazy reason. DA then told me that he is migrating to another position within Lucid, but would keep working on my account, as well as others w/Lucid, also informed of my situation. Still frustrated...
Sorry to hear that. Missed EOY too and declined the $7500 for lease as well. You would think they'd throw some bone for those that missed out.

This is really ridiculous!! I too was offered the $7,500 off last Tuesday 1/17 when I finally got word on the status of my car. My DA offered me the $7,500 off a full 48 hours before Lucid started emailing customers this offer. I immediately declined since I don't lease cars and certainly wouldn't lease one in this price range. Good luck and let us know what Lucid says.

Hardtop Roof was updated on the main site today, it now shows available Q1! :)
Do any hard hats here remember pre-increase pricing for Touring with metal? If I remember correctly the configurator listed a base price of $95,000...this seemed to INCLUDE the glass roof, since it was check-marked, and there was no way to uncheck it: Trying to chose the metal roof didn't work--it said "coming in the future" or something, and you couldn't select it.

Perhaps Im mis-remembering, but it's impossible to reconstruct because of the price increase and changes to the configurator

This is really ridiculous!! I too was offered the $7,500 off last Tuesday 1/17 when I finally got word on the status of my car. My DA offered me the $7,500 off a full 48 hours before Lucid started emailing customers this offer. I immediately declined since I don't lease cars and certainly wouldn't lease one in this price range. Good luck and let us know what Lucid says.
No one has contacted me about the 7500/leasing...but can't they just jigger the residual and/or interest rate and negate some or all of the benefit?

Do any hard hats here remember pre-increase pricing for Touring with metal? If I remember correctly the configurator listed a base price of $95,000...this seemed to INCLUDE the glass roof, since it was check-marked, and there was no way to uncheck it: Trying to chose the metal roof didn't work--it said "coming in the future" or something, and you couldn't select it.

Perhaps Im mis-remembering, but it's impossible to reconstruct because of the price increase and changes to the configurator
I have some old notes $99,800. metal roof, heated seat & steering, 12 way vent seat (cannot get 20 way massage as option), 406 mi., 620 hp, Dream Drive (DDPro + $9K) , 19" wheels, +$1,500 21" wheel

This is the old pricing for Touring from an email from my sales advisor early last year :

The Touring: $95,000

• Dual Motor, All Wheel Drive
  • 620 Horsepower
  • ~406 Miles projected
  • Optional Glass Canopy roof
  • 20” Aero lite wheels standard; optional 19” Aero range wheels
  • Selection of Premium natural grain leather interiors with natural wood trim
  • DreamDrive (Autonomous driving) including hardware for level 2 functionality with over-the-air updates
Package Upgrades is as follows:
Surreal Sound Audio System = 2,900
Glass Canopy Roof Option for Touring = $4,000
Dream Drive Pro (Level 3 Autonomous Driving) = $9,000

Well, I no longer have to answer the question "When are you getting your Lucid?" I picked up my AT yesterday, and other than the Chicago rush hour traffic, delivery was a great experience. Hanna M was my DA, and coordinated beautifully. The car itself is wonderful, enjoyed by wife and kids also. We started getting snow last night, and it may continue for a couple of days. That's a concern for me, with the 20's and summer rubber, but the car handled great this morning. The traction control corrected a couple of slides very early. Given the ice patches, vehicles in the ditch, and a wipeout by a colleague, I think that's pretty good. I'm keeping my Saturday morning appointment to install 19's with all-season rubber, but don't feel nervous any more. Inside the car, defogging happens in a minute, so you can deactivate when the windshield is clear. The only glitch I encountered was that I couldn't enter the code for the free trial of Tidal. The screen kept going back to Spotify (which I don't have) credentials.
Congrats and great to hear. I don't miss the Chicago winters - moved out to Vegas and am loving driving my new one (Dec 31). AT Black with the same 20" wheels, they're so sharp!

My reservation was Dec of 2021 and the glass canopy was $4K at that time. The metal roof was not an option at that time. My wife and I spent the better part of the year debating on whether to switch to Pure so we could get metal, as we were (still are) concerned about the sun in Las Vegas. Later, the metal roof became an option for the Touring with a price of $0 although you'd have to wait.

Now, you might be thinking of the Grand Touring, which came with the glass canopy for $0.

No, it didn't increase the glass roof or any other extras...I remember clearly since I went through that configurator 100 times!

Congrats and great to hear. I don't miss the Chicago winters - moved out to Vegas and am loving driving my new one (Dec 31). AT Black with the same 20" wheels, they're so sharp!
Congrats on the car and the move ("I got your heated seats right hea"😁). Just got 19" all-seasons put on. Looks pretty nice

Congrats on the car and the move ("I got your heated seats right hea"😁). Just got 19" all-seasons put on. Looks pretty nice
Awesome. You're gonna love your vehicle.

Got delivery of my touring today!

I was uprading from a Mazda to a Lucid so it was a bit of jarring experience driving it for the first time since I had never driven an EV before. But really excited to learn more and get used to it over time.

No, it didn't increase the glass roof or any other extras...I remember clearly since I went through that configurator 100 times!
I ordered a metal roof Hardtop with pre June 22 pricing and it was 95k plus options: It was $4500 more if you wanted glass roof, $1500 for 21 inch wheels, $2900 for Atmos Sound, $900 for colors besides white or black.. Perhaps you are getting the Touring mixed up with the GrandTouring because the Touring always had a $4500 cost for glass roof.

Got delivery of my touring today!

I was uprading from a Mazda to a Lucid so it was a bit of jarring experience driving it for the first time since I had never driven an EV before. But really excited to learn more and get used to it over time.
I picked mine up this week also. It definitely has a learning curve! Quite fun to drive!

I picked mine up this week also. It definitely has a learning curve! Quite fun to drive!
I was in the same boat less than a month ago. My suggestion is to start out in Swift Mode, as that has less regenerative breaking and is easier to get used to. After gaining some comfort there and just driving a bit on some less congested roads for a few days, move to Smooth mode. It will take a bit of time to get used to it, but it's totally worth it for 90% of the time is single pedal driving. I also use the "Hold" mode whereby when you take your foot off the pedal, the car stands still - including on inclines. Best of luck and you'll be getting comfortable in no time!

Back