Andretex

Referral code: Q1JU0G9U
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
23' Air Touring
Referral Code
Q1JU0G9U
I have driven my Air Touring for 4 months now. Oh my. I just love it!

I have driven BMWs for over 25 years. 3, then 5 then 7 series then my last 8 series. Although I enjoyed driving these cars none of them gave me the pleasure and excitement as my Lucid.

The suspension is just perfect on turns and acceleration,
the power is exhilarating,
the instrument panel gives me exactly what I need,
the blind spot camera is on point,
the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a car,
The seats are comfortable and hold your body in place,
The interior is well appointed but simple,
The range is exactly what I need,
And the car looks awesome!

Do you agree? Or does the car have some brain washing flashing lights??

The seats are comfortable and hold your body in place,
I don’t tend to get all teary eyed when I buy a new car, but I agree with anlmost everything except this! I’m surprised the seats hold you. I think they are reasonably comfortable, but they have very little side support and bolstering. I think even BMW seats have better support. If you ever get a chance, try to experience Porsches 18-ways. Those are the best in the business 😍

Also the range is…whatever…I’m averaging 3.0 miles/kw so roughly ~270 miles per charge? About the same as I averaged in my model 3 over 10,000 miles. Nothing special, but enough for my needs

Other than that for my specific needs for interior space, performance, dynamics, there’s nothing better!

I don’t tend to get all teary eyed when I buy a new car, but I agree with anlmost everything except this! I’m surprised the seats hold you. I think they are reasonably comfortable, but they have very little side support and bolstering. I think even BMW seats have better support. If you ever get a chance, try to experience Porsches 18-ways. Those are the best in the business 😍

Also the range is…whatever…I’m averaging 3.0 miles/kw so roughly ~270 miles per charge? About the same as I averaged in my model 3 over 10,000 miles. Nothing special, but enough for my needs

Other than that for my specific needs for interior space, performance, dynamics, there’s nothing better!
Want seats that hold you? Get a GT.

Want more range? Get a GT.

Yup, feel exactly the same. When I have had an excessively stressful day at work, I go for a ride and listen to music; definitely a mood lifter. It is so enjoyable to drive; better than I ever expected. Pretty obsessed with the thing.

Want to attract hotter people, get a GT!

Want seats that hold you? Get a GT.
Yea, GT seats are a bit better, but still no shoulder or bottom cushion support. I did test them out extensively on some twisty backroads, still nothing like what you’d get in an M5 or Panamera or Taycan. They do hold you better a Mercedes E or S class seat for sure though!

Seats are very comfortable for long distance highway cruising though

It is, without question, the best car I've ever driven. It's not perfect, but neither am I. :)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Gravity and what future models have in store, not to mention Aston Martin's partnership - it's going to be a sick few years. =D

Yea, GT seats are a bit better, but still no shoulder or bottom cushion support. I did test them out extensively on some twisty backroads, still nothing like what you’d get in an M5 or Panamera or Taycan. They do hold you better a Mercedes E or S class seat for sure though!

Seats are very comfortable for long distance highway cruising though
Oh yeah it is absolutely not a taycan. I went into a porsche dealership, sat in the front seat, everybody in the family loved it. Then it came to the back seat... safe to say we were onto the next in the dealer tour very quickly(even though the cool porsche guy had a can of blinker fluid which was hilarious).

I would liken it to a M340i seat. 65 percent comfort, 35 percent sportiness(as the regular air isnt meant to be a corner carver, rather a grand tourer like an alpina vs a M).

Oh yeah it is absolutely not a taycan. I went into a porsche dealership, sat in the front seat, everybody in the family loved it. Then it came to the back seat... safe to say we were onto the next in the dealer tour very quickly(even though the cool porsche guy had a can of blinker fluid which was hilarious).

I would liken it to a M340i seat. 70 percent comfort, 30 percent sportiness.
Taycan rear seat legroom: 32"
Air rear seat legroom: 37.6"

Taycan rear seat legroom: 32"
Air rear seat legroom: 37.6"
I at least expected it to be better than the Porsche 911 I requested to see earlier, but it BARELY was! Even the panamera, which they say is meant to be comfortable, was not even close to the Air's accommodations. I do wish the Air had more toeroom as without it my feet feel "claustrophobic," if that makes sense.

I at least expected it to be better than the Porsche 911 I requested to see earlier, but it BARELY was! Even the panamera, which they say is meant to be comfortable, was not even close to the Air's accommodations. I do wish the Air had more toeroom as without it my feet feel "claustrophobic," if that makes sense.
The good news is, you are out of your rear-facing car seat now!

The good news is, you are out of your rear-facing car seat now!
Actually, I stayed in a normal car seat until I was 10(which is a extraordinarily long time considering i was like 5'2 then)! One of my birthday presents was being able to throw that seat in the trash, lol
Might need to see some ID...
Okay I'm sending my social security number in dms /s

And on the topic of this thread, my dad loved the Lucid because it was so fast it made my mom get out! Then we had full freedom to floor it, which we indeed did. Then I went to the hospital because I dislocated my neck! Seriously, even the pure pulled ridiculously hard at 80 mph.

Back