OMG I just love my Lucid!! Do you?

I have owned alot of 911 Turbo S cars over the years, Sl65,Lexus SC400, 91 Zr1 Vette, Lightnings, Raptors etc and I have to say my Dream and Sapphire are my most fun yet. I have a collection of old Musclecars and had high end restomod cars but Lucid are just so smooth. Maybe it's my old age that is making me really prefer the smooth quiet stupid fast power more than the explosiveness of a Turbo S.View attachment 17109
This is a flex!!! 💪

I have owned alot of 911 Turbo S cars over the years, Sl65,Lexus SC400, 91 Zr1 Vette, Lightnings, Raptors etc and I have to say my Dream and Sapphire are my most fun yet. I have a collection of old Musclecars and had high end restomod cars but Lucid are just so smooth. Maybe it's my old age that is making me really prefer the smooth quiet stupid fast power more than the explosiveness of a Turbo S.View attachment 17109
I better be able to visit that garage in a couple of years! I would probably just faint on the spot..

Then we had full freedom to floor it, which we indeed did. Then I went to the hospital because I dislocated my neck! Seriously, even the pure pulled ridiculously hard at 80 mph.
Wait, seriously?

was the Lucid Air Pure the fastest car you've ridden in?
Not even close, or at least it shouldn't have been based on specs. As mentioned, I've sat in a Ferrari 812(superfast) and other such cars and the Pure just... felt faster like the pull was never going to end. Maybe it was the instant torque? Then again, the model s non plaid just did not have that pull and that also has "instant torque." I fully believed the statement that the air is tuned for high speed acceleration as stated by others after the test drive.

Last edited:
I have driven my Air Touring for 4 months now. Oh my. I just love it!

I have driven BMWs for over 25 years. 3, then 5 then 7 series then my last 8 series. Although I enjoyed driving these cars none of them gave me the pleasure and excitement as my Lucid.

The suspension is just perfect on turns and acceleration,
the power is exhilarating,
the instrument panel gives me exactly what I need,
the blind spot camera is on point,
the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a car,
The seats are comfortable and hold your body in place,
The interior is well appointed but simple,
The range is exactly what I need,
And the car looks awesome!

Do you agree? Or does the car have some brain washing flashing lights??
I love the car so much that I’ve found myself choosing to drive very long distances rather than fly, as I hate airports (I like flying once I’m on the plane but everything else surrounding air travel is torture). I recently demonstrated this by driving 1280 miles over a 2 day period during a bad rain storm while fighting off some illness. It blew my mind that I could be sick, drive a crazy long distance through low temps and bad conditions, and still get out of the car not feeling beat up. What sorcery is this? I’m happy. Yeah sure the car has some glitches and room for improvement but the positives outweigh the negatives by such a large margin that unless this thing turns into a long term maintenance nightmare I’ll definitely get another Lucid when I’ve used this one beyond salvage.

That pic is so NSFW! Sapphire and a Dream and vintage two tone Vette? Get an OnlyFans site man!

No lol but it did feel like that!
1703007711541.gif

You're stretching now...that doesn't affect quarter mile traps in any case, it does affect 0-60, but to the inverse of your point, car and driver does 1ft rollout, these personal results do not use 1 foot rollout, so car and driver would probably say it's even faster than this. Either way, the results are significant and consistent that it's indisputable that a model S LR IS faster.
This is the final warning about turning Lucid posts into Tesla posts. This is not a Tesla forum. This is a Lucid forum.

Sending prayers for your husband
He's done far worse. I am on my second Lucid.
A quick non-Lucid story. We were test driving Mazdas in the early 1990s.. No intention of buying, but they had a promo going that if you test drove a car they would give you $100 gift card to Sport Chalet. We drove some sedans and then Ron wanted to drive the two seater faster one. Our sales lady was an older woman, more in tune with family sedans than sports cars. She apologized to me that I couldn't ride in the car. Knowing how aggressively he drove back than, I was very happy to hang out and wait at the dealership. When they came back, the car was fine, but poor lady was as white as a ghost and very shaken up. All she said was "So that's how you drive a sports car."

I do love my Lucid. I picked up the first one year ago, mid-December of 2022. I love it as much now as I did then. I'm just about at 12K miles. I'm going through Lucid withdrawal this week. The driveway needed some work and is being torn up. The estimate was four days, but if the rain comes in as expected tomorrow, it may end up going on for a week. The choice was to park it on the street while they're working., or leave it in the garage and drive the old car until they're done. I chose the second. But one day in, and I already really miss driving it. It'll be my Christmas present to get to drive it again, and I couldn't ask for a better one.

This collection is what a car llovers dreams are made of! As much as I love that Sapphire, I’m still going to need a better shot of that Camaro that’s hiding please!

the power is exhilarating, 🏁✅
Not enough HP ;) Needs more DE :p

Gosh I wish I had taken video of you launching it haha

The seats are comfortable and hold your body in place, ❌❌❌ I gave these multiple ❌'s because while Yes, the Touring seats look just as nice and are as comfy as the DE and GT seats, to not have offered us Touring folks the option in the 2023 model for massaging seats was a miss by Lucid.
I'm sure they wanted to, but streamlining in the early days is important, as you know. I'm certain that for enough dollars they would swap your seats for you, though likely not under warranty.

That said, maybe they'll eventually have a trade-in, or you could sell and re-buy, assuming you could make the math work?

Just thinking out loud.

I'm done talking about though. It's too painful!
I... don't believe you. :)

(Plus, it'd be less painful if you had seats that massaged your pain away, just sayin. :p)

but streamlining in the early days is important, as you know.
My understanding of streamlining is offering the same hardware on every car to reduce tooling. I find it a little strange for a company that was trying to ramp up production, they still chose to have so many little differences between the different models. Seats, sun shades, cameras, two different nappa leather interiors per color, roof, etc…

They clearly made it out of the ramp up to meet demand, but man, streamlining definitely wasn’t their strategy😂

Not enough HP ;) Needs more DE :p

Gosh I wish I had taken video of you launching it haha
Stupid power in your DE-P! Just violent and scary! 😨😨

The video would have been hilarious no question there. 😂😂😂
I'm sure they wanted to, but streamlining in the early days is important, as you know. I'm certain that for enough dollars they would swap your seats for you, though likely not under warranty.
🤔🤔🤔
That said, maybe they'll eventually have a trade-in, or you could sell and re-buy, assuming you could make the math work?
Math would work at the 2024 GT prices just fine. I'm sooo in love with Chameleon though, I can't imagine trading her. It scares me sometimes how much I love this car!
Just thinking out loud.
👍👍
I... don't believe you
😂😂😂😂
(Plus, it'd be less painful if you had seats that massaged your pain away, just sayin. :p)
😂😂😂😂

My understanding of streamlining is offering the same hardware on every car to reduce tooling. I find it a little strange for a company that was trying to ramp up production, they still chose to have so many little differences between the different models. Seats, sun shades, cameras, two different nappa leather interiors per color, roof, etc…

They clearly made it out of the ramp up to meet demand, but man, streamlining definitely wasn’t their strategy😂
Fair enough - my point was that keeping all the Pures and Tourings on the line fairly consistent in terms of build would mean an ability to streamline that. The fewer 'parts to switch in and out' the better.

Mind you, we saw them deliver one car with the wrong color interior on the door vs the rest of the interior, so it's clear there were definitely some growing pains; I suspect those growing pains and hard lessons learned are what led to them being able to offer those options now.

That's all I meant.

my point was that keeping all the Pures and Tourings on the line fairly consistent in terms of build would mean an ability to streamline that. The fewer 'parts to switch in and out' the better.
yea but ironically the Pure and Touring are so different as well. Pure has a 12-way pureluxe interior...Touring has a 14-way Nappa leather interior...GT has 20-way extended Nappa interior

Pure is steel roof only, Touring has glass, Touring has all the comfort/convenience pack stuff, Pure doesn't. Touring has ambient lightning, Pure doesn't. If anything Touring and GT are closer from an interior/features perspective and Touring and Pure are closer from a drivetrain perspective.

I will agree though, for 2024, it looks like they are moving towards a more streamlined offering, with Pure and Touring both having the same base set of options and everything being an add-on. (Although now the Pure and Touring will differ significantly from a drivetrain perspective) RWD/passive suspension vs AWD/adaptive suspension

And the RWD Pure may handle better than the AWD. That was the case with the i4 and RWD vs AWD. For those that find the motor whine annoying (I don’t) the RWD has yet another advantage. So ironically the Pure may offer things you can’t get on higher trim levels that are more important to some than some of the things only available on the higher trims (e.g. glass roof). Some of us don’t care about certain cosmetic or creature options and others do. For me the overall feel of the car is what’s important and some of the other things are meh. I would have liked ventilated seats, but I also liked the feel and softness of the Purluxe. We make choices.

I also probably would have preferred RWD, but after nearly 3 years of waiting and an offer of free upgrades that were significant to me, it was time to jump in.

Reactions: KRG
Back