OMG I just love my Lucid!! Do you?

yea but ironically the Pure and Touring are so different as well. Pure has a 12-way pureluxe interior...Touring has a 14-way Nappa leather interior...GT has 20-way extended Nappa interior

Pure is steel roof only, Touring has glass, Touring has all the comfort/convenience pack stuff, Pure doesn't. Touring has ambient lightning, Pure doesn't. If anything Touring and GT are closer from an interior/features perspective and Touring and Pure are closer from a drivetrain perspective.

I will agree though, for 2024, it looks like they are moving towards a more streamlined offering, with Pure and Touring both having the same base set of options and everything being an add-on. (Although now the Pure and Touring will differ significantly from a drivetrain perspective) RWD/passive suspension vs AWD/adaptive suspension
You're missing my point. You're comparing each trim to the other trims. That's not what I'm saying.

I am saying that, in the early days, if you have a particular vehicle trim on the line (Pure, for example), it is a good idea to streamline that, such that every Pure is nearly identical, and thus easier to build consistently.

Within each trim, the cars are fairly consistent.

I have owned alot of 911 Turbo S cars over the years, Sl65,Lexus SC400, 91 Zr1 Vette, Lightnings, Raptors etc and I have to say my Dream and Sapphire are my most fun yet. I have a collection of old Musclecars and had high end restomod cars but Lucid are just so smooth. Maybe it's my old age that is making me really prefer the smooth quiet stupid fast power more than the explosiveness of a Turbo S.View attachment 17109
can I sleep in your garage 😂

I will agree though, for 2024, it looks like they are moving towards a more streamlined offering, with Pure and Touring both having the same base set of options and everything being an add-on. (Although now the Pure and Touring will differ significantly from a drivetrain perspective) RWD/passive suspension vs AWD/adaptive suspension

Is the passive suspension new for 2024? First I've heard of this.

Also, does the Pure have NO ambient light, or just not color changing?

I kinda wonder if the 2024 Pure and Touring will be identical save for drivetrain/suspension as you mentioned. So the 2024 Pure may gain a few things it didn't have previously, like ambient lighting, while losing some things, like AWD.

You're missing my point. You're comparing each trim to the other trims. That's not what I'm saying.

I am saying that, in the early days, if you have a particular vehicle trim on the line (Pure, for example), it is a good idea to streamline that, such that every Pure is nearly identical, and thus easier to build consistently.

Within each trim, the cars are fairly consistent.
Ah ok, now I got you :)

It’s limited as well I think. Not in all the same places as the touring (I didn’t verify this myself, it’s what the studio advisor told me)
Yes, for example it isn't there in the ceiling light blade. I don't know any other places though..

Reactions: KRG
I'm going to take an extended solo test drive when I get home (away for the holidays) and I'll verify. The idea of the RWD Pure appeals to me as more of a minimalist, focused sports sedan, but I'd like ambient lighting at least on the doors. I'd prefer color changing, but can live without.

I'm going to take an extended solo test drive when I get home (away for the holidays) and I'll verify. The idea of the RWD Pure appeals to me as more of a minimalist, focused sports sedan, but I'd like ambient lighting at least on the doors. I'd prefer color changing, but can live without.
I can confirm it has it on the doors!

• Love
Reactions: KRG
And the RWD Pure may handle better than the AWD. That was the case with the i4 and RWD vs AWD. For those that find the motor whine annoying (I don’t) the RWD has yet another advantage. So ironically the Pure may offer things you can’t get on higher trim levels that are more important to some than some of the things only available on the higher trims (e.g. glass roof). Some of us don’t care about certain cosmetic or creature options and others do. For me the overall feel of the car is what’s important and some of the other things are meh. I would have liked ventilated seats, but I also liked the feel and softness of the Purluxe. We make choices.

I also probably would have preferred RWD, but after nearly 3 years of waiting and an offer of free upgrades that were significant to me, it was time to jump in.
Admittedly this is why I bought the touring over the GT because of the lighter weight and (in my opinion) better driving dynamics. But I think the RWD Pure will feel a bit slow if you’re used to high powered EVs. I think there’s a big difference dynamically between pure AWD/touring and GT. I think the difference with RWD will be less pronounced, but will likely be a little better I’m sure.

Admittedly this is why I bought the touring over the GT because of the lighter weight and (in my opinion) better driving dynamics. But I think the RWD Pure will feel a bit slow if you’re used to high powered EVs. I think there’s a big difference dynamically between pure AWD/touring and GT. I think the difference with RWD will be less pronounced, but will likely be a little better I’m sure.
That’s why choices are good, we each have different needs and perceptions of what’s ‘better’ for us.

I have driven my Air Touring for 4 months now. Oh my. I just love it!

I have driven BMWs for over 25 years. 3, then 5 then 7 series then my last 8 series. Although I enjoyed driving these cars none of them gave me the pleasure and excitement as my Lucid.

The suspension is just perfect on turns and acceleration,
the power is exhilarating,
the instrument panel gives me exactly what I need,
the blind spot camera is on point,
the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a car,
The seats are comfortable and hold your body in place,
The interior is well appointed but simple,
The range is exactly what I need,
And the car looks awesome!

Do you agree? Or does the car have some brain washing flashing lights??
I am with you! Absolutely love mine! Couldn’t be happier!
Amazing car!

The profile picture is shown in one tiny circle on the screen, very hard to see when you're getting in the car. But the light blade and door lighting is easy. So since my husband and I both have a profile, and they're very, very different, we look at the color of the door lighting first to make sure the car has selected the right profile. It's running about 90% correct these days.

This is probably the hundreth time I'm posting this......amazing car....just took it out in a massive downpour and left my SUV in the garage. Why? Because even after a year, I just want to get in and drive the car. Who needs FSD when this car is such a joy to drive!

The profile picture is shown in one tiny circle on the screen, very hard to see when you're getting in the car. But the light blade and door lighting is easy. So since my husband and I both have a profile, and they're very, very different, we look at the color of the door lighting first to make sure the car has selected the right profile. It's running about 90% correct these days.
You can put anything for your profile picture, perhaps consider just using two distinctly different colors? Doesn’t necessarily have to be a picture of yourself. That can be edited in the app.

This is probably the hundreth time I'm posting this......amazing car....just took it out in a massive downpour and left my SUV in the garage. Why? Because even after a year, I just want to get in and drive the car. Who needs FSD when this car is such a joy to drive!loop
True love! I think in a downpour, I'd take an SUV if I had one.

You can put anything for your profile picture, perhaps consider just using two distinctly different colors? Doesn’t necessarily have to be a picture of yourself. That can be edited in the app.
I could. Right now it's a pic of my cat, and Ron has one of the car ones. Only the main profile user can add a picture. But still, you see the light color cast in the door as you open it, before you even get in the car. It's just faster.

This is probably the hundreth time I'm posting this......amazing car....just took it out in a massive downpour and left my SUV in the garage. Why? Because even after a year, I just want to get in and drive the car. Who needs FSD when this car is such a joy to drive!
Well said!

Back