October OTA Updates

1:45 later, I am up to 37% using LTE at my detailer's shop. Fingers still crossed....
Ok, at 48%. just a few seconds ago, after about 120 minutes, the update disappeared from my phone's Lucid app and the normal screen appeared. Does this mean that the uploading is done or failed. How can I check just using my phone since my car is locked up in the detailer's shop?

My 2.0.5 download was successful, and I've had a chance to try out some of the changes. My observations / questions:

• The screens came up faster.
  • Having the icons moved from the right side to the left side of the Glass Cockpit right panel improves their access considerably.
  • There were no music dropouts on the stretches of roads where we were seeing consistent dropouts earlier.
  • Alexa actually found the addresses I asked for in the Nav system and programmed the routes correctly. However, I was not presented with alternate routes.
  • Having turn instructions displayed in the center binnacle is very helpful.
  • I miss the m/kWh display and hope it returns with subsequent updates.
  • The satellite map displays are much dimmer than before, and I cannot find a way to brighten them without using the slider bar on the main menu that will make the other screens too bright. Can the maps be independently brightened?
  • I drove the car on major 6-lane surface streets with clear lane markings but could not get Highway Assist (self-steering) to engage. Is it geo-fenced to work only on major highways such as interstates?
  • The Homelink menu still doesn't come up automatically when backing out of the garage (as it does in our Tesla), requiring several button pushes to lower the garage door when leaving the house.
  • And no screen freezes so far . . . although they were usually happening only every few days before.
It’s my understanding that highway assist is in one of the next 2 updates.

Ok, at 48%. just a few seconds ago, after about 120 minutes, the update disappeared from my phone's Lucid app and the normal screen appeared. Does this mean that the uploading is done or failed. How can I check just using my phone since my car is locked up in the detailer's shop?

I think it means the downloading was completed. My app behaved the same way, saying nothing about completing the download. But when I went to the car to check, it had a "Download Successful" message on the Glass Cockpit.

• Love
Reactions: DJL
My 2.0.5 download was successful, and I've had a chance to try out some of the changes. My observations / questions:

• Having the icons moved from the right side to the left side of the Glass Cockpit right panel improves their access considerably.
  • There were no music dropouts on the stretches of roads where we were seeing consistent dropouts earlier.
  • Alexa actually found the addresses I asked for in the Nav system and programmed the routes correctly. However, I was not presented with alternate routes.
  • The satellite map displays are much dimmer than before, and I cannot find a way to brighten them without using the slider bar on the main menu that will make the other screens too bright. Can the maps be independently brightened?
  • I drove the car on major 6-lane surface streets with clear lane markings but could not get Highway Assist (self-steering) to engage. Is it geo-fenced to work only on major highways such as interstates?
  • The Homelink menu still doesn't come up automatically when backing out of the garage (as it does in our Tesla), requiring several button pushes to lower the garage door when leaving the house.
  • And no screen freezes so far . . . although they were usually happening only every few days before.
Correct, highway assist should be coming in 2.0.8 I think.

Since Alexa is now more responsive, I went to OfficeMax to make these double side instruction for myself and backseat passengers while waiting for OTA update.

6E6A8770-DFEA-40D1-8D95-FB1751036778.webp

My Stellar White is now Zenith Red DE. 😎

80AEFC77-1BD1-41E8-ADCA-773BBB981780.webp

I got it in forum as PNG file and printed double side sheet then laminated them.

8A030C06-A0E3-4237-BDFD-7F81E42BAB74.webp

Haven't driven the car yet, but after the update, in addition to the quickness that so many notes as well as many other things notes, I'd like to give a shout out to the subtle changes to the Tidal sound. I'm definitely not an audiophile and the sound always was much better than any sound system I've had - car or otherwise, but the improvements have made things even better. It feels like there's a better distribution of sound across the speakers such that certain sounds have a better surround feel than previously. The bass also feels a little deeper. Additionally, and maybe it was there before and I didn't notice, I think there is the ability to adjust the master volume settings higher than was I was able to in the past. As others have said, it can get louder now. I didn't need much more, but this is definitely more than enough.

Looking forward to trying out more of it later today! Kudos to the Lucid team!

Me neither!😰
If you were in the first update, the group that @Firstto520 setup, and you still haven’t received update number 2, Len said he would need to do some digging. If you weren’t already on 2.0.2, then you weren’t in the group of 100 that were selected for this round. But, it should start releasing to the fleet in the coming weeks!

Lane keep assist is coming in an OTA later today or tomorrow.

@milgauss and @DolphinTale - Did you get the first of the updates last week? Did you get an acknowledgment from me that you were 'on the list' (as a reply to your DM)? Everyone who was on the initial list should have received the push by now. I did have to cut things off after I got 100 folks... But if you got a note from me saying you were in I need to do some digging.

Has anyone else who was confirmed to be on the list not seen this latest updat
@milgauss and @DolphinTale - Did you get the first of the updates last week? Did you get an acknowledgment from me that you were 'on the list' (as a reply to your DM)? Everyone who was on the initial list should have received the push by now. I did have to cut things off after I got 100 folks... But if you got a note from me saying you were in I need to do some digging.

Has anyone else who was confirmed to be on the list not seen this latest update?
Hi @Firstto520: I just sent you a DM. I was confirmed on your list and haven't received the update yet. Please advise. Thanks.

Wanted to provide a timeline for anyone still waiting on update .. (btw, my car is on WiFi, but I don't believe that the upgrade process requires connectivity; according to my router logs, the upgrade files were downloaded a few days ago).
Began upgrade at 9:05AM EST => 0%
1 hr later at 10:05AM EST, => 5%
1.5 hrs into upgrade (10:35AM EST), => 10%
2 hrs into upgrade (11:05AM EST), => 27%
Sometime prior to 2.5 hrs, it was done (at 11:27AM EST, I checked and the mobile app looked normal w/ "waking up car" msg on screen) .. I opened the car at 11:31AM EST and the screens powered on and looked ready to go practically "instantaneously". .. 2.0.5 upgrade is done!

Played a bit w/ Tidal and audio .. much better. Surround View = remarkably better (and, although I'll admit, I am color blind and didn't think it was a big deal, the car avatar is the correct color)

will keep playing .. 😄

Alexa didn’t work at all post update. Needed to perform 2 hard resets and now working. BTW, hard resets are a bit more challenging since car is so responsive to mobile key. I used mobile key to get in car, then went into airplane mode and used valet card to shut car down.

Since Alexa is now more responsive, I went to OfficeMax to make these double side instruction for myself and backseat passengers while waiting for OTA update.

View attachment 5611

My Stellar White is now Zenith Red DE. 😎

View attachment 5612
Ok, this is crazy. I just got from OfficeMax to laminate Alexa instructions! Just kidding, but that’s a great idea!

Back