October OTA Updates

Delayed but still on track for tonight... potentially late. If all goes according to plan, you'll all start your Saturday with a big update and a giant smile. Highway assist will be the last bit that will likely deploy over the weekend. I'll use this thread to keep you all updated.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge the engineering team working so tirelessly on this. I say this with all sincerity friends... I've had an amazing career that's allowed me to walk the halls of the biggest of the big brands. I've never seen a team work so tirelessly as Team Lucid. And the group working on these updates is no exception. My words could not do justice to the amount of passion that goes into these updates.

More soon.
I love the car now, even with the software quirks. Can’t wait to tool around in it in a few weeks.😉😉

Delayed but still on track for tonight... potentially late. If all goes according to plan, you'll all start your Saturday with a big update and a giant smile. Highway assist will be the last bit that will likely deploy over the weekend. I'll use this thread to keep you all updated.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge the engineering team working so tirelessly on this. I say this with all sincerity friends... I've had an amazing career that's allowed me to walk the halls of the biggest of the big brands. I've never seen a team work so tirelessly as Team Lucid. And the group working on these updates is no exception. My words could not do justice to the amount of passion that goes into these updates.

More soon.
Please extend our gratitude to the team!

Reactions: NPN

More soon.
Totally amazing to hear! Thank you so very much to the entire team for working so hard. Happy to say I am shareholder and also a driver of an awesome Air GT.

More soon.
Having run my share of software and big data companies (in another industry), I greatly admire Lucid’s bold decision to rewrite the software. Major kudos to you and the team for your dedication to improving the Lucid ownership experience!

Well, one thing the updates through 2.0.2 haven't fixed is my recurrent screen freezes. It happened again this evening on the drive home from dinner -- right panel of upper screen blacked out and lower screen froze the image. We lost all audio, A/C, and drive mode controls and couldn't open the garage door when we got home without getting out of the car to use the keypad at the door. (Interestingly, though, the outside camera view and bird's-eye view came up on both screens that were otherwise frozen and blacked out.)

I know I could have tried rebooting the system, but I've had my fill of getting off the road in the middle of a drive to try to reboot this car.

The car has had multiple mobile tech visits and been in the shop more than once for this problem. Is there any prospect that the coming software updates will fix this, or am I doomed to live with this issue as long as we keep the car?

Well, one thing the updates through 2.0.2 haven't fixed is my recurrent screen freezes. It happened again this evening on the drive home from dinner -- right panel of upper screen blacked out and lower screen froze the image. We lost all audio, A/C, and drive mode controls and couldn't open the garage door when we got home without getting out of the car to use the keypad at the door. (Interestingly, though, the outside camera view and bird's-eye view came up on both screens that were otherwise frozen and blacked out.)

I know I could have tried rebooting the system, but I've had my fill of getting off the road in the middle of a drive to try to reboot this car.

The car has had multiple mobile tech visits and been in the shop more than once for this problem. Is there any prospect that the coming software updates will fix this, or am I doomed to live with this issue as long as we keep the car?
I had exactly what you experienced only 1 time since ownership a week ago on 1.2.21 OTA.

I have had that happen twice; both instances occurred after I didn’t let the car boot up entirely and drove off before all the screens were loaded. They were in the process of loading; I drove off and then they blanked out. I don’t know if others have experienced a similar incident . Perhaps a more instantaneous boot up will mitigate against this ? Just my experience.

I have had that happen twice; both instances occurred after I didn’t let the car boot up entirely and drive off before all the screens were loaded. They were in the process of loading; I drove off and then they blanked out. I don’t know if others have experienced a similar incident . Perhaps a more instantaneous boot up will mitigate against this ? Just my experience.
That usually is the case, but sometimes when system is having cellular lag, you click screen too many times to make it respond, it will actually make it frozen. But freezing then black out only happened to me one time. So once all the terminal resident executables are loaded quickly in 2.0, things should should be a lot more pleasant than in VM architecture.

That usually is the case, but sometimes when system is having cellular lag, you click screen too many times to make it respond, it will actually make it frozen. But freezing then black out only happened to me one time. So once all the terminal resident executables are loaded quickly in 2.0, things should should be a lot more pleasant than in VM architecture.
I have a terrible habit of clicking on the screen when I don’t get my instant gratification!! Good to know and many thanks for the explanation.

Hmm..It’s Saturday here on the East Coast ..

B81B6440-C6F4-44BF-8748-C298CC9AB8CB.webp

I feel like if the upcoming software updates fix even your car, then I will be fully convinced and able to say to Lucid without reservation, 'well done, be at peace' 🤣

Yes, the next set of updates does fix that. At least, it did for me. 2.0.2 is not going to give you any functional updates whatsoever, so it should feel precisely the same as the prior version of 1.2.21, which is to say… this.

Sorry gang. Pushing the deployment into the weekend. Will share more tomorrow. Apologies for the moving target.
Technically, 12:01 is the weekend 😈

That happened to me for the first time last week. Right screen of cockpit goes black and pilot panel freezes. I've had other issues (never the same issue twice!) and all, including this, are okay after reboot. I've reported all the issues but haven't had any call backs from Service Center. I, too, hope 2.0 bring an end to these issues and some real stability to the software.

Back