October OTA Updates

Well, one thing the updates through 2.0.2 haven't fixed is my recurrent screen freezes. It happened again this evening on the drive home from dinner -- right panel of upper screen blacked out and lower screen froze the image. We lost all audio, A/C, and drive mode controls and couldn't open the garage door when we got home without getting out of the car to use the keypad at the door. (Interestingly, though, the outside camera view and bird's-eye view came up on both screens that were otherwise frozen and blacked out.)

I know I could have tried rebooting the system, but I've had my fill of getting off the road in the middle of a drive to try to reboot this car.

The car has had multiple mobile tech visits and been in the shop more than once for this problem. Is there any prospect that the coming software updates will fix this, or am I doomed to live with this issue as long as we keep the car?
Does this happen consistently?
If so, there might be an issue with the CCC.

Mine was completely broken and had to be replaced. Apparently I was the first for that to happen but I won't be surprised if it happened to some other folks as well.

That happened to me for the first time last week. Right screen of cockpit goes black and pilot panel freezes. I've had other issues (never the same issue twice!) and all, including this, are okay after reboot. I've reported all the issues but haven't had any call backs from Service Center. I, too, hope 2.0 bring an end to these issues and some real stability to the software.
Yeah this happened to me on 2.0.2. I asked Alexa to play NPR while the car was navigating and it crashed both screens. Reboot fixed it.

Saturday morning I beat the alarm clock to check Lucid mobile app for 🔵.

Mmmm…

I bet Lucid software team is still burning midnight oil. Good job making it right than just deploy for deployment’s sake.

Now going back to sleep…

Yeah this happened to me on 2.0.2. I asked Alexa to play NPR while the car was navigating and it crashed both screens. Reboot fixed it.

Yes, a reboot fixes it. But when you're in heavy traffic and still 20 minutes from home, you either have to find a place to park the car and get out of it to go through the reboot routine, or you deal with limited car functions until you get home.

I haven't kept count, but this has happened to me at least a couple of dozen times in the 10 months we've had the car. The car has been serviced more than once for this, and a reboot is not an acceptable answer. Lucid needs to FIX this problem once and for all. If this new software platform doesn't do it, then the car will go down as an engineering failure.

Yes, a reboot fixes it. But when you're in heavy traffic and still 20 minutes from home, you either have to find a place to park the car and get out of it to go through the reboot routine, or you deal with limited car functions until you get home.

I haven't kept count, but this has happened to me at least a couple of dozen times in the 10 months we've had the car. The car has been serviced more than once for this, and a reboot is not an acceptable answer. Lucid needs to FIX this problem once and for all. If this new software platform doesn't do it, then the car will go down as an engineering failure.

Have they replaced any wire harnesses or Ethernet cables in ring?

Have they replaced any wire harnesses or Ethernet cables in ring?

I don't know everything they've done in the multiple service visits, some to our home and some in the Riviera Beach Service Center. A mobile tech did inspect the wiring harness as part of an earlier recall. Early on, the computer cooling system was flushed to be sure the screens weren't overheating, also by a mobile tech. I don't know what else has or hasn't been done while in the shop. The car was there for almost a week during the last service visit for this problem while the tech findings were reviewed by the central engineering team in California.

Last night's event was the first time it's happened since that service visit, and I had hoped the problem was finally fixed. My last hope is that it is a software problem that this current platform rewrite will fix, as it's clear that if it is an underlying hardware problem it is beyond Lucid's ability to fix . . . at least in the time I'm still willing to give them before I initiate a lemon law claim.

I don't know everything they've done in the multiple service visits, some to our home and some in the Riviera Beach Service Center. A mobile tech did inspect the wiring harness as part of an earlier recall. Early on, the computer cooling system was flushed to be sure the screens weren't overheating, also by a mobile tech. I don't know what else has or hasn't been done while in the shop. The car was there for almost a week during the last service visit for this problem while the tech findings were reviewed by the central engineering team in California.

Last night's event was the first time it's happened since that service visit, and I had hoped the problem was finally fixed. My last hope is that it is a software problem that this current platform rewrite will fix, as it's clear that if it is an underlying hardware problem it is beyond Lucid's ability to fix . . . at least in the time I'm still willing to give them before I initiate a lemon law claim.
I suspect this is a fairly common occurrence and is software related, although you certainly seem to have more instances than others. Hoping the updates fix it for you!!

I suspect this is a fairly common occurrence and is software related, although you certainly seem to have more instances than others. Hoping the updates fix it for you!!

If it can be triggered by losing a cell phone signal, then we would have a more frequent occurrence than most, as the cell phone signals in our town are abysmally erratic. We and all our friends hit dead spots at major intersections and along heavily built-up roadways constantly, no matter who our carriers are. And the problem affects high data streams much more than cell phone voice calls.

We and our friends may lose streaming signals in our various cars all over town, but only the Lucid loses other functionality as well due to screen freezes. If Lucid can't fix this problem, then the Air is not a car that is practical to own in Naples, FL.

If it can be triggered by losing a cell phone signal, then we would have a more frequent occurrence than most, as the cell phone signals in our town are abysmally erratic. We and all our friends hit dead spots at major intersections and along heavily built-up roadways constantly, no matter who our carriers are. And the problem affects high data streams much more than cell phone voice calls.

We and our friends may lose streaming signals in our various cars all over town, but only the Lucid loses other functionality as well due to screen freezes. If Lucid can't fix this problem, then the Air is not a car that is practical to own in Naples, FL.
Hope 2.0.2 and later fix all that cellular streaming buffering issue… breath… breath…

That’s what I told my wife when first time black out right cockpit screen and pulled out of freeway to reboot, good thing was at 11pm.

Just breath… breath… @hmp10

Hope 2.0.2 and later fix all that cellular streaming buffering issue… breath… breath…

That’s what I told my wife when first time black out right cockpit screen and pulled out of freeway to reboot, good thing was at 11pm.

Just breath… breath… @hmp10
2.0.2 does not fix this issue, it’s happened to me, it’s just prep for the bigger update.

I haven’t personally experienced that. Although I am far from an expert, it really seem like this is a software issue and one that the team must be addressing. Fingers crossed for a durable resolution for you and no more rebooting.😉😉

2.0.2 does not fix this issue, it’s happened to me, it’s just prep for the bigger update.
2.0.2 may be huge milestone we just don’t see in UI, but rather backend elasticity of future OTA updates. I’m very optimistic about the future.

I’m a Tesla owner of several years. Pretty soon you learn that there are SOME updates that you wish you never got.

Everyone just needs to calm down, relax and back off. The longer we wait, the better the updates will be.

I’m a Tesla owner of several years. Pretty soon you learn that there are SOME updates that you wish you never got.

Everyone just needs to calm down, relax and back off. The longer we wait, the better the updates will be.
I'll 2nd that .... also experienced rushed OTA Tesla updates that were outright nightmares.

"measure twice, cut once"

Sounds like we need a button sequence for a reboot as stopping/exiting the car to regain functionality poses potential safety hazards. Apologies if has already been discussed but is there any such feature in the 2.x release?

Sounds like we need a button sequence for a reboot as stopping/exiting the car to regain functionality poses potential safety hazards. Apologies if has already been discussed but is there any such feature in the 2.x release?
Not that has been reported.

Back