October OTA Updates

you either have to find a place to park the car and get out of it to go through the reboot routine
@borski does the reboot routine except for getting out of the car. Follows all the steps except he remains seated. In my limited ownership time, I've only rebooted using the keycard method to see if the bass improved and it did the trick. When I picked up the car, no bass. Boosted to +6 and I said to my wife that no quality system should have to boost any frequency to the extreme limit (while also failing to deliver adequate bass). After the reboot, I have it at +4 and might drop it to 3. Been lucky so far but if a screen does black out, I'm trying the borski method.

@borski does the reboot routine except for getting out of the car. Follows all the steps except he remains seated. In my limited ownership time, I've only rebooted using the keycard method to see if the bass improved and it did the trick. When I picked up the car, no bass. Boosted to +6 and I said to my wife that no quality system should have to boost any frequency to the extreme limit (while also failing to deliver adequate bass). After the reboot, I have it at +4 and might drop it to 3. Been lucky so far but if a screen does black out, I'm trying the borski method.
Not familiar with either. Can you share the process? When the bass dropped out on my first day of ownership, thankfully I was already close to my destination so just got out, went for dinner, and came back to it working. So what you are saying is magic fairies didn’t fix it while I was eating? 😊

Sounds like we need a button sequence for a reboot as stopping/exiting the car to regain functionality poses potential safety hazards. Apologies if has already been discussed but is there any such feature in the 2.x release?

Our 2015 Model S would occasionally have a screen freeze (far less frequently than our Lucid), but at least you could do a soft reset just by holding down two steering wheel buttons for 30 seconds while you continued driving. (A hard reset was a bit more complicated and required stopping, but you could do even that while still inside the car.)

I've been surprised that a car introduced seven years later requires such a cumbersome reset procedure.

@borski does the reboot routine except for getting out of the car. Follows all the steps except he remains seated.

Could you please tell me how to do this? And does it work for screen freezes?

Too bad you cant just Alexa to troubleshoot the issues! Maybe, one day ….

Too bad you cant just Alexa to troubleshoot the issues! Maybe, one day ….

I quit trying to get Alexa even to make a phone call months ago. I've been using Siri to do that in the Lucid.

And Alexa goes out, anyway, when the screens freeze.

Is there a way to see if there’s an update without opening the app and thus waking up the car?

Hope 2.0.2 and later fix all that cellular streaming buffering issue… breath… breath…

That’s what I told my wife when first time black out right cockpit screen and pulled out of freeway to reboot, good thing was at 11pm.

Just breath… breath… @hmp10

I'm more in the holding my breath mode than the breathe easy mode.

If Lucid can get its software to function properly, the Air will be the best sedan -- nay, the best automobile -- on the planet. If these new updates, coming a full year after the car hit the market, still leave owners with screens that freeze and black out at random or that do so if you dare touch them during a cell signal loss, then Lucid is perilously close to being consigned to the dustbin of failed engineering efforts.

In making the decision to have so many functions in the car, even to such mundane things as opening the glovebox, operable only through software, Lucid undertook the responsibility to make that software reliable. They have not yet met that responsibility.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion I’m not going to see these updates before departing for Australia next week…..😭

Hopefully this weekend…. Cant be easy working thru the weekend!

I did not able to test the upgrade since my car is in PPF shop. I got a confirmation from Len that my name is added in the list for software upgrade test. I supposed to get back my CAR after PPF but looks like they'll not be able to finish it before Monday 10/17/2022. So I'll be able to upgrade once I get back my car. Waiting for new software upgrade experience.

EC7C0B64-C24A-4ADE-8ECA-BA2AADCE9FFC.webp

Back