October OTA Updates

1665865497552.gif

Do software updates usually appear in the pilot panel before the Lucid app? It hasn’t appeared in my app yet.

@OCDC
Is that new Gravity?

AE8B6198-5B51-464A-A5BF-FAC19C473AD8.webp

Interesting that the key fob needs to be in vehicle…guess I’ll put both in. Are they are updatable, or is that some linkage thing?

Do software updates usually appear in the pilot panel before the Lucid app? It hasn’t appeared in my app yet.
In my experience it’s at the same time.

Nothing yet ... will check again after the Tennessee/Alabama game
😎
👍

Damn……. That’s a long list! 🥳

View attachment 5538
With fob must be inside the car, does that mean Lucid mobile app won’t render notification and remote install???

Interesting that the key fob needs to be in vehicle…guess I’ll put both in. Are they are updatable, or is that some linkage thing?
This is a very good question: should both key fobs be in the vehicle for the update?

Or will the presence of two fobs confuse things.

If leave only one key fob, how does one update the second one after the update of the car-and-first-fob?

This is a very good question: should both key fobs be in the vehicle for the update?

If leave only one key fob, how does one update the second one after the update of the car-and-first-fob?
Blind leading the blind? I’m gonna assume both fobs in are fine, and that they’re assuming you don’t put them in until you get notification to update - in other words, not leaving them in to wait for mobile notice & remote update.

They will update when inside the car for 10 min.

I quit trying to get Alexa even to make a phone call months ago. I've been using Siri to do that in the Lucid.

And Alexa goes out, anyway, when the screens freeze.
If you want Alexa to make calls in Lucid, you must install Alexa on your phone and allow your contacts to upload to Alexa. I had no prior experience with Alexa and installed just in the car and everything seemed to work except calls. I couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t find my contacts for calls when they were clearly in the vehicle. Once I installed Alexa on the phone, it worked well. This held true for Tidal, too. It would save a lot of trouble if Lucid just stated “must install third party apps on phone” somewhere on the Connectivity screen! If it’s there, I never saw it! Am I the only owner who had trouble figuring this out? (BTW, when I inquired of Customer Care about Alexa not finding my contacts and failing to make calls, the agent suggested that my software must be out of date. It wasn’t …. I eventually figured it out but it doesn’t need to be so difficult!))

Blind leading the blind? I’m gonna assume both fobs in are fine, and that they’re assuming you don’t put them in until you get notification to update - in other words, not leaving them in to wait for mobile notice & remote update.
Ugh one of my fobs died so do I need to replace the battery before I proceed with the update. So many questions lol

Not familiar with either. Can you share the process? When the bass dropped out on my first day of ownership, thankfully I was already close to my destination so just got out, went for dinner, and came back to it working. So what you are saying is magic fairies didn’t fix it while I was eating? 😊
Keycard reset is thought to be a deeper or harder reset than the other but is much simpler to perform.

Keycard - Be outside the unlocked car with doors closed. Place keycard on B pillar a couple of inches above the camera which will lock the doors. Walk far enough away that your mobile key/fob is not detected by the car. Wait about 15 minutes and unlock using the keycard if it doesn't do so as you approach the car. I've found the driver's side to be more reliable than the passenger side for this.

Most used method: Fully engage either turn signal. Exit car. Lock car using mobile key/fob. Wait for turn signal to cancel (this is simply a timing device to ensure you wait long enough for the reboot to finish). Unlock car and get in - reboot has completed. The Borski method skips the exit car step. He performs the steps but never exits the car. He's done this several times and says it works just like when you exit the car.

Anyone else get the notification yet? Nothing here yet.

Anyone else doing 2.0.5 update now?

Back