October OTA Updates

As many of you have noted, the team has started the deployment to this group. They will be rolling it out slowly throughout the day in small batches. Given the significant nature of the update they're taking the opportunity to watch the installations progress, hence the small batch deployments.

I do hope I've not been over-communicative over the last week or so. One of the challenges of transparency is that expectations get set. This of course sets you all up for disappointment should there be a delay on our side, as there was last night.

I'll be watching this thread and marinating in your excitement all afternoon.

Cheers!
I don't think anyone is worried about a one day delay. I am glad that we are seeing it now. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Quick question - is there a minimum SOC that is required for the install to happen? Is that 50%? Mine is currently at 52%.

As many of you have noted, the team has started the deployment to this group. They will be rolling it out slowly throughout the day in small batches. Given the significant nature of the update they're taking the opportunity to watch the installations progress, hence the small batch deployments.

I do hope I've not been over-communicative over the last week or so. One of the challenges of transparency is that expectations get set. This of course sets you all up for disappointment should there be a delay on our side, as there was last night.

Cheers!
In my professional career, I learned a few things .. one of the more important ones is that you can never be over-communicative (esp. with clients). We are as invested as anyone in a positive outcome and our expectation should be that the team is working diligently to release as many fixes to us as possible without making things worse. False starts are to be expected.

Keep the info coming .. I, for one, would rather know that 2.0 is coming, but may be delayed than not knowing if, when or how I may see changes.

Thanks

Cheers!
The fact that you gave the opportunity to get 'early access' is huge. The additional communication is like icing on the cake. I think you are sharing the right amount of information, at the right intervals. Can't wait for my 'new version of lucid'

30 minutes in and still seeing 0% progress. Is anyone seeing the progress bar update?
Mine was initially stuck on 1% for the longest time. Now its at 5% I also stepped away from the app for a little bit to let it do its thing. But its hard not to check.

Cheers!
Please don’t worry, we’re all just excited, and really appreciate what you have don’t for us. No such thing as “too much communication”.

Please don’t worry, we’re all just excited, and really appreciate what you have don’t for us. No such thing as “too much communication”.
Agreed!

Cheers!
Going out to marinate myself right now in anticipation of the changes coming later…luckily there’s no driving involved tonight!

@Firstto520 , is it okay to leave both the key fobs in the car during this update? The update hasn’t been pushed to me yet. Just planning ahead.

Cheers!
It's not the same magnitude but this experience reminds me of having a baby. Building excitement, starts and stops, realization that it's really happening, the long process of delivery then BOOM! A little bundle of joy, hopes, and expectations.

Mine was initially stuck on 1% for the longest time. Now its at 5% I also stepped away from the app for a little bit to let it do its thing. But its hard not to check.
50 minutes in and now at 2%. Yes I do need to quit watching it, I may need to charge my phone.

@Firstto520 , is it okay to leave both the key fobs in the car during this update? The update hasn’t been pushed to me yet. Just planning ahead.
As I understand it, the keyfob's internal software is updated while inside the cabin. It can be independent of the sw update process though. In other words, it’s not the end of the world if they’re both not in the car during the update.

Speaking personally and about any car I’ve ever owned, I always feel more comfortable keeping one key on hand versus both in car.

Cheers!
Thanks, Len. Never too much communication with this wild bunch. I probably won't do the download until Monday. My Lucid is at the detailer with only one fob in it, unless you suggest otherwise. Keep up the great work and pass on big thanks to your team.

Wow. That is a feat. And you blew by it. What course and which tees?
Falcon Dunes Eagle Tees (men's tees) Luke AFB and also shot 69 at Biltmore Adobe Course men's tees last week

As I understand it, the keyfob's internal software is updated while inside the cabin. It can be independent of the sw update process though. In other words, it’s not the end of the world if they’re both not in the car during the update.

Speaking personally and about any car I’ve ever owned, I always feel more comfortable keeping one key on hand versus both in car.
Just saw the release notes, HOLY CRAP how did you guys manage to do this much stuff this fast, wow. Thank you.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion I’m not going to see these updates before departing for Australia next week…..😭

Because you’re probably right. Never mind. When you get back from Australia the updates will have landed in your car like a gleaming salmon, and I declare you’ll be happier with them then, than if you’d received them now.

Back