Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Last edited:
So, the final line "there's so much more you can do" left me hanging...what about more examples (that work)?

Change radio station works, turn on seat heaters, works. "Open front trunk" or "open frunk" does not work for me. I tried ordering something from Amazon while driving, but that didn't work (which might be good!). . Since 1.2.1, Alexa no longer understands the command "raise the rear window shade." (she used to know what that meant)

Change radio station works, turn on seat heaters, works. "Open front trunk" or "open frunk" does not work for me. I tried ordering something from Amazon while driving, but that didn't work (which might be good!). . Since 1.2.1, Alexa no longer understands the command "raise the rear window shade." (she used to know what that meant)
The command is "roll up/down rear sunshade"

I'm trying to remember the specific thing that I also needed to do (that Lucid finally suggested I do). I've not been an Alexa user, but I think you need to import your contacts into the Alexa app from your phone or it didn't seem to want to call anyone from my contacts list. I may have that wrong, but I was all connected as they said but I couldn't make a phone call. Also, fun fact, if you have a ^ in your Lucid login, the car keyboard does not have this character. It took some time to change the password on the website via my phone and then enter the new one in the car.

I'm trying to remember the specific thing that I also needed to do (that Lucid finally suggested I do). I've not been an Alexa user, but I think you need to import your contacts into the Alexa app from your phone or it didn't seem to want to call anyone from my contacts list. I may have that wrong, but I was all connected as they said but I couldn't make a phone call. Also, fun fact, if you have a ^ in your Lucid login, the car keyboard does not have this character. It took some time to change the password on the website via my phone and then enter the new one in the car.

Hahaha that’s awful; I wonder if it’s an Android problem, since I think that’s the default Android keyboard? Please report that because that would absolutely have bitten me with my >64 character password (which was *extremely* annoying to type in for my *Lucid* login haha). I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a “log in from your phone” option.

The command is "roll up/down rear sunshade"

You can also set custom Alexa routines for any commands like that, fwiw, I think, if you wanted to say something more natural to you - though I haven’t tried it.

Hahaha that’s awful; I wonder if it’s an Android problem, since I think that’s the default Android keyboard? Please report that because that would absolutely have bitten me with my >64 character password (which was *extremely* annoying to type in for my *Lucid* login haha). I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a “log in from your phone” option.
The SA definitely took note of that. And you may be right. I looked at the secondary keys on my android phone and their relationship to the next level symbols keys, and there is no correlation to that symbol.

Weird I have that symbol on my S22

Screenshot_20220407-173913_Chrome.jpg

I have the symbol too, but if you hard press on the alphabet keyboard, it's not there. Also, look at the alphabet row, you will see 9 buttons starting with a from the left. If you go to symbols, you'll see 10. Wonder how many people are aware of this. Certainly had never had an inkling of this before.

LOL. Same thing for me. I had to change my website password since it had a ^. I got my AGT yesterday!! Alexa set up but unable to make a phone call. Most of car works fantastic. that seems like it should work. The contacts are there. Any thoughts?

Are you running 1.2.1? That’s what allowed me to suddenly make calls with Alexa.

Yes I am.

Interesting. This morning when I say Call …, it says can’t find contact for every person I try. Even when I can see it in contact list. Also how do you search for a contract in a list of hundreds to call manually?

Oh, you’re just getting started with the weirdness…Wait til you have to hang up a call that didn’t answer. The steering wheel button doesn’t work to hang up if the call didn’t answer, so you have to hit the phone icon on the top screen, open the phone app, and then hit the hang up button. It’s almost like the software engineers never bothered to use the car before releasing it.

Anyway, congrats on being an early adopter of an amazing car with some amazing flaws.

Interesting. This morning when I say Call …, it says can’t find contact for every person I try. Even when I can see it in contact list. Also how do you search for a contract in a list of hundreds to call manually?
This may sound stupid but did you enable calling through Bluetooth and have your phone connected through bluetooth?

You may not have granted access to contacts when you connected to Bluetooth. Maybe remove and re-pair?

As a software engineer and medical professional, it does little good to rant as I see in some posters. After 24 hours with an AGT, have solved 95% of the issues I have. Regarding Alexa and calling, Lucid support was excellent. Spoke at times with Dennis, Jack, and Hien. They are 24x7, I have gotten someone within 1 min every time and they are always very helpful. Not everyone knows every answer but they do talk with each other. Soo... if you have problem getting Alexa to recognize contacts try this.
  1. Pair your iphone (what I have). Make sure you have Car Stereo and Sync Contacts enabled on iphone in the Lucid bluetooth connection in Settings.
  2. Pair Alexa from the car Setup and need the browser on your phone. Can use QR code or just type in amazon.com/code. Takes you to same place. Do what it says.
  3. You need the Amazon Alexa app on your phone
  4. In Alexa app on phone navigate to Devices, All Devices, Lucid, and make sure it is there
  5. Then back out to Home on app and do More/Alexa Preferences/Communication/Manage Contacts/Import Contacts
  6. For this, you may have to be in the car. It may say some settings not available in your house if device offline.
  7. Make sure you have ENABLED the IMPORT CONTACTS to Alexa. Mine was defaulted to Disable. That was my issue. Also Contacts Access has to be All Contacts.
  8. Then disconnect bluetooth, reconnect.
This was an Amazon Alexa issue to be clear, not Lucid, but they did troubleshoot with me. Works perfectly after that. If you make changes on your phone (add favorite, new contact...) you need to disconnect bluetooth and reconnect and do the new upload. At least that's what I found. It is not actually reading what is on the Contacts page on the pilot panel, rather what is uploaded to Amazon.

I will work on the hangup button issue next. I did reproduce it.

We have a Tesla Model 3. I love this Lucid.

As a software engineer and medical professional, it does little good to rant as I see in some posters. After 24 hours with an AGT, have solved 95% of the issues I have. Regarding Alexa and calling, Lucid support was excellent. Spoke at times with Dennis, Jack, and Hien. They are 24x7, I have gotten someone within 1 min every time and they are always very helpful. Not everyone knows every answer but they do talk with each other. Soo... if you have problem getting Alexa to recognize contacts try this.
  1. Pair your iphone (what I have). Make sure you have Car Stereo and Sync Contacts enabled on iphone in the Lucid bluetooth connection in Settings.
  2. Pair Alexa from the car Setup and need the browser on your phone. Can use QR code or just type in amazon.com/code. Takes you to same place. Do what it says.
  3. You need the Amazon Alexa app on your phone
  4. In Alexa app on phone navigate to Devices, All Devices, Lucid, and make sure it is there
  5. Then back out to Home on app and do More/Alexa Preferences/Communication/Manage Contacts/Import Contacts
  6. For this, you may have to be in the car. It may say some settings not available in your house if device offline.
  7. Make sure you have ENABLED the IMPORT CONTACTS to Alexa. Mine was defaulted to Disable. That was my issue. Also Contacts Access has to be All Contacts.
  8. Then disconnect bluetooth, reconnect.
This was an Amazon Alexa issue to be clear, not Lucid, but they did troubleshoot with me. Works perfectly after that. If you make changes on your phone (add favorite, new contact...) you need to disconnect bluetooth and reconnect and do the new upload. At least that's what I found. It is not actually reading what is on the Contacts page on the pilot panel, rather what is uploaded to Amazon.

I will work on the hangup button issue next. I did reproduce it.

We have a Tesla Model 3. I love this Lucid.
Gonna steal these steps and add it to my post in the front for better visibility

Back