occasional Vibration in Steering wheel when stationary or moving

MorganB

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Touring Silver Santa Cruz
Referral Code
93UMQZHW
Has anyone else experienced a vibration in your steering wheel? It's a very fast vibration that is very consistent. At first I thought it was caused by high AC fan speeds but now I am thinking it's the battery fan causing it. It happens when parked or driving. I am still gathering data as it doesnt happen all that often so its a bit tricky to pin down the cause.

In the past few weeks, with the higher temps. here in Phoenix, I have noticed an occasional vibration in the steering wheel, whether driving or at a stop. I'm pretty sure it's the BMS fans, as it tends to only occur when it's quite hot out.

I agree with you that it is likely the battery cooling. It is very noticeable after DC fast charging in very hot weather. In addition to feeling in the steering wheel, I can hear it and feel it in the electron pedal.

I agree with you that it is likely the battery cooling. It is very noticeable after DC fast charging in very hot weather. In addition to feeling in the steering wheel, I can hear it and feel it in the electron pedal.
I actually feel it in the pedal too. This is my first summer with the car so learning new things ha ha

Back