No software update in way more then a month!?

1.2.5 is coming. It’s nothing major but certainly does seem like they’ve slowed down. I received my car with 1.2.1 and can’t really complain about it. It’s got it’s quirks but nothing horrendous compared to what the Dream owners experienced. Maybe the updates will slow down as things become more stable / less annoying.

The reality is that 1.2.1 is SO STABLE compared to before, I'm almost afraid of an update that brings back errors =/

The reality is that 1.2.1 is SO STABLE compared to before, I'm almost afraid of an update that brings back errors =/
Really? Any examples? Or just overall experience? Has anything sped up?

In fact, I think its a warranty claim in its current condition. Here’s potentially hazardous issue: when you approach a fixed object at close range the system will warm you some of the time but not all of the time. Therefore, you can’t rely on it.

Really? Any examples? Or just overall experience? Has anything sped up?
Compared to 1.0.4 which is what the Dream owners had...pretty much everything haha

Those are not encouraging remarks. It needs to be excellent for $140,000. We shouldn’t have SETTLE for ”stable.”
I think you underestimate what stability brings...that's just me personally though.

In fact, I think its a warranty claim in its current condition. Here’s potentially hazardous issue: when you approach a fixed object at close range the system will warm you some of the time but not all of the time. Therefore, you can’t rely on it.
True story. On my test drive, the associate bumped a parking cone when he was demonstrating the warning system and it failed to alert. Lol

Did the programmers go on Strike??
Is there a company out there that releases a software update every 4 weeks? I don't get it man, on one hand you've got people saying "everything is wrong with the car, all the software sucks, there's so much that needs to be fixed" which sounds like a HUGE job, then people make a fuss because there hasn't been a software update in 4 weeks. I'm not a programmer, but my dad is, and a new build takes MONTHS, not 1 month to go live. The fact that Lucid has already pushed out a fix for Tidal bandwith and some other issues since the last update a few weeks ago is amazing.

I should a Tesla to buy the Lucid. They still have fairly regular updates after 10 years of Model S production. Lucid is really not ready for sale. The car is great, the software, were it stand alone, would be a complete consumer failure.

Are The auto dim headlights coming on next download? Any more functionality to the Dream drive? Who has a little birdie at the factory with some info?

Right now they have more pressing issues in the factory than being concerned about software updates.

Two separate entities, software team and production team. They are working on the software, you can bet on it.
Yes lucid can’t afford bad press from grumpy customers!

Yes lucid can’t afford bad press from grumpy customers!
I have said this before, most owners and potential buyers would be a lot less "grumpy" if Lucid management just said that they screwed the software up but are working on it and will be fixed around (pick a date).

Go buy an Audi and get 4 updates in 3 years!
That is not a valid comparison. Everything on our AMG EQS works so no need for updates, at the moment. The software on my DE is still crap.

You’re comparing a company with decades of experience to a startup. You need to reset your expectations a little. The software needs improvement but it’s not unusable at least on its current version.

Back