No software update in way more then a month!?

Yeah same issues with key fob for me, too. I’m on 1.2.1 but haven’t had the “opportunity” to experience previous builds like @hydbob to compare 😂. Frustrating waiting for it at times indeed. The other day, my wife and I left in two separate cars from the house. We decided to have a little “race” to see who could get in and start up the cars and go. She took the $20k Honda Fit and me in the AGT. As I was waiting for the “unlock lottery” (gonna steal that @miamicaneshaha), she was already around the block on her way. Proud “beta tester” though and wearing my badge daily as I continue to be a brand ambassador as best as I can. I know it will get better because it HAS to.
That's just the head start for other cars that Lucid has baked into its software. In the sports world they would call it a "handicap" to even the playing field. I'm sure at the end of the "race" you were still triumphant. Good job Lucid for protecting owners from being able to overly gloat. Instead, we have to just win with some humility and giving the other participant some semblance of "hope"!

Yea, not sure I want to label my car as "handicapped", but it is what it is. Is that politically correct? Maybe we should just call them "software-challenged".

Please check 2nd clip about software aspect by CEO Peter. Have faith guys! Rome isn’t built in one day.

Yea, not sure I want to label my car as "handicapped", but it is what it is. Is that politically correct? Maybe we should just call them "software-challenged".
Software-capable

Please check 2nd clip about software aspect by CEO Peter. Have faith guys! Rome isn’t built in one day.
Getting hard to have faith given I ordered 1/2/21, confirmed 11/16/21, VIN issued 4/28/22, car still in production with no delivery estimate forthcoming. Building my car ain’t building Rome. There is absolutely no guidance as to when to expect delivery of these cars stuck in inspection. A little communication and transparency would be appreciated.

Getting hard to have faith given I ordered 1/2/21, confirmed 11/16/21, VIN issued 4/28/22, car still in production with no delivery estimate forthcoming. Building my car ain’t building Rome. There is absolutely no guidance as to when to expect delivery of these cars stuck in inspection. A little communication and transparency would be appreciated.
I absolutely agree, their communication SUCKS!
I couldn’t reach my DA Eugene after he gave me his direct number, I always have to get transferred to talk to the others. I guess I’m the fortunate one ordered a style that is in higher demand so they can batch process earlier. I ordered 10/1/2021, confirmed 1/5/2022, VIN 3/24/2022, delivery suppose be on 4/20/2022, but I went to Service Center drove this car home myself on 4/13/2022, joined this forum 5/2/2022. I suppose had I joined this forum few months before I got my car, I would be crazy pissed and nerve rekt like you. So I don’t blame you.

Last edited:
That is not a valid comparison. Everything on our AMG EQS works so no need for updates, at the moment. The software on my DE is still crap.
Reading threads like this has me thinking about the EQS 580, but Lucid has or is suppose to have things that the 580 just doesn't have.
Not true! When you buy a $170,000 car, you expect it to work. Just stop making excuses for Lucid's poor management.

For those of you that are happy with your cars, that's great, but there are a lot of us that feel we were misled as to the quality of the software. It will get better but will take time and at this point we have to just wait.

There are people that haven't ordered cars yet and they need to know the truth so that they can make informed decisions.
Can't disagree with the bold, but we all know the allure of having the latest hi-tech weapon in the stable at our disposal. This is eyes wide open for me, I read these threads and sometimes I just want to say I'm out and it certainly isn't the $1,000.00 that has me sitting tight, it's something emotional and I like that.

The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Jack London

You’re comparing a company with decades of experience to a startup. You need to reset your expectations a little. The software needs improvement but it’s not unusable at least on its current version.

Not only that, the companies with decades of experience screw up the OTAs bigly. In some cases I’ve heard you even have to take your car to the dealership to get the update - FOR A FEE!

Recently, I read about a movement afoot within the West Virginia state legislature to pass a law that would REQUIRE car owners to bring their cars to the dealership to get the update. Again, for a fee. Of course this has the enthusiastic backing of the state auto dealership lobby. Completely old school and completely wrong headed.

I would prefer to wait on Lucid’s lumpy, bumpy and infrequent OTAs, than be held hostage once again by traditional automakers and their rapacious dealer networks.

Reading threads like this has me thinking about the EQS 580, but Lucid has or is suppose to have things that the 580 just doesn't have.

Can't disagree with the bold, but we all know the allure of having the latest hi-tech weapon in the stable at our disposal. This is eyes wide open for me, I read these threads and sometimes I just want to say I'm out and it certainly isn't the $1,000.00 that has me sitting tight, it's something emotional and I like that.

The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Jack London

I think a lot of Lucid's issues are the result of the CEO being an engineer. No shot at engineers generally, but they tend to do things because they CAN, not because they SHOULD.

Motorized door handles are a solution to a problem that never existed in the first place...

I’m actually still having key fob issues also. I’ve yet to get the phone key to be consistent.

I also always have to double tap the key fob to unlock the doors at home. I think it has to do with the fact I leave the keys on the kitchen island right next to the garage.

It took a while, but my key fob had finally begun to work seamlessly, consistently presenting the door handles and unfolding the mirrors at least 20' before I reached the car.

Then I got a "low key fob battery" alert and changed the battery. Now the key fob has become more iffy than it was at delivery. We dropped off someone at the airport yesterday morning. By the time we got his luggage out of the trunk, the car had locked itself. My cell phone was still in the car, and the key fob would not open the doors. I tapped it twice, and nothing happened. I pressed the door handles inward, and they extended and retracted before I could get my fingers under them. I went through this song and dance several times in front of a crowd of people lining the sidewalk. Finally -- and I have no inkling why -- the car finally got in the mood to let us back in. Infuriating.

I think a lot of Lucid's issues are the result of the CEO being an engineer. No shot at engineers generally, but they tend to do things because they CAN, not because they SHOULD.

Motorized door handles are a solution to a problem that never existed in the first place...
Reduced drag?

It took a while, but my key fob had finally begun to work seamlessly, consistently presenting the door handles and unfolding the mirrors at least 20' before I reached the car.

Then I got a "low key fob battery" alert and changed the battery. Now the key fob has become more iffy than it was at delivery. We dropped off someone at the airport yesterday morning. By the time we got his luggage out of the trunk, the car had locked itself. My cell phone was still in the car, and the key fob would not open the doors. I tapped it twice, and nothing happened. I pressed the door handles inward, and they extended and retracted before I could get my fingers under them. I went through this song and dance several times in front of a crowd of people lining the sidewalk. Finally -- and I have no inkling why -- the car finally got in the mood to let us back in. Infuriating.
Very similar experience for me. I did find this in the manual:

“If the key fob battery is depleted, you can still unlock the vehicle by holding it near the driver's side center pillar (similar to the valet card).”

This worked for me in my moment of panic with my phone in the car and zero response from the fob.

I have a Tesla Model 3, a Lucid Dream Edition P, and a Rivian R1T. I have to say that the difference between Rivian's software and Lucid's is STAGGERING. Lucid's is slow and it feels outdated. The Rivian (also been a first production car/truck) Is faster, intuitive, and has plenty of configurable features that Lucid does not have. I am happy with my Lucid DE except for the software which feels as an afterthought. Rivian's is at par with TESLA in many aspects (except for self-driving features, etc).

I hope that Lucid pays more attention to their customers and they improve its software.

We drive our Air Dream Performance more often than our Model S Plaid, mostly because there's so much more to like about the Air.

However, when I do occasionally get back into the Plaid, I am struck all over again by how quick and seamless its software is compared to the Air, which is still haunted by boot-up delays, intermittent malfunctions, and slow responses to commands. (The Plaid does have its software burps, but they are increasingly rare.)

For me, the design of the Lucid UI is fine. It's the execution that still gets a D- grade almost five months after delivery.

They needn't be electronic to be flush....
So you would prefer the push style that Tesla uses on their 3 and Y? It wouldn't be premium if it were designed that way.

That's true, but motorized door handles shouldn't be an issue as the Jag F-Type has had them since 2014.
Reduced drag?
In the case of the Lucid I would say reduced drag for sure, with the Jag F-Type it was aesthetics first.

I think like most (not all) members here, I tend to have very few problems with door handle presentation on the latest software (which my car basically came with). BUT, situations like hmp described do still happen maybe 5% of the time and all it takes is once in an inopportune or embarrassing situation to magnify the negative experience.

I believe it’s 100% avoidable by doing things like activating your app before approaching your car, making sure you don’t have the fob/key card/phone in the car while your other unlocking device is outside the car (for that matter, shouldn’t the car just automatically NOT be able to lock if the fob is left inside so you don’t accidentally lock your ‘keys’ inside the car?), checking your fob battery level, always carrying a plan B (like key card), approaching your car slowly and watching it like a hawk so you are ready to immediately initiate plan B if the handles aren’t presenting themselves etc. But of course I understand that we shouldn’t HAVE to do such things just to be comfortable that the car will open 100% of the time it’s supposed to.

I think like most (not all) members here, I tend to have very few problems with door handle presentation on the latest software (which my car basically came with). BUT, situations like hmp described do still happen maybe 5% of the time and all it takes is once in an inopportune or embarrassing situation to magnify the negative experience.

I believe it’s 100% avoidable by doing things like activating your app before approaching your car, making sure you don’t have the fob/key card/phone in the car while your other unlocking device is outside the car (for that matter, shouldn’t the car just automatically NOT be able to lock if the fob is left inside so you don’t accidentally lock your ‘keys’ inside the car?), checking your fob battery level, always carrying a plan B (like key card), approaching your car slowly and watching it like a hawk so you are ready to immediately initiate plan B if the handles aren’t presenting themselves etc. But of course I understand that we shouldn’t HAVE to do such things just to be comfortable that the car will open 100% of the time it’s supposed to.
If you "lock" your key in the car, you just have to push the door handle again and it unlocks. It's stupid but also nice at the same time. Stupid because you can just unlock it but nice because the handles are in the "lock" position so it doesn't appear the be unlocked for theives.

If you "lock" your key in the car, you just have to push the door handle again and it unlocks. It's stupid but also nice at the same time. Stupid because you can just unlock it but nice because the handles are in the "lock" position so it doesn't appear the be unlocked for theives.
Except when it doesn’t, and plays the rapid presentation/retraction game that has been reported widely on the forum 🤷‍♂️

Back