Newport Beach CA test drive

NPN

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT/Red/Tahoe/19"
Newport Beach CA studio is finally receiving a test drive vehicle this week.

Yay! I did my test drive in a preproduction unit at Torrance, which was great. I'm curious about a) if Newport has a production vehicle, and b) what difference the updates did to the feeling between the two. I remember Torrance being pretty laggy and kinda buggy in the UI.

My SA called yesterday to tell me they are receiving a vehicle this week. It will be my first test drive. I scheduled Fri and will know more then.

Yay! I did my test drive in a preproduction unit at Torrance, which was great. I'm curious about a) if Newport has a production vehicle, and b) what difference the updates did to the feeling between the two. I remember Torrance being pretty laggy and kinda buggy in the UI.

I've seen four pre-production vehicles and for some reason they don't update the software on there (every car was on 1.0.0 whereas the current version 1.2.1).

Our home-of-Lucid sales center in San Jose also has a pre-production demo vehicle on 1.0.0. I wonder if that could be working against them.

Newport Beach CA studio is finally receiving a test drive vehicle this week.

We did a test drive in Torrance studio a few months ago, on a pre-production car, though the drive was good, the software experience was pretty awful (door, AC, entertainment...). We were told these were issues that would be fixed in production cars.

When we stopped by the FashionIsland studio few weeks ago to inquire about another test drive, they treated us so badly (probably due to our cheap clothes ??, we weren't even allowed to sit in & touch the car, while other folks were able to just hop in & tried as will) that we didn't bother to ask further (nevermind the fact that there're 4 Lucid rsrvs within our extended family...)

We did a test drive in Torrance studio a few months ago, on a pre-production car, though the drive was good, the software experience was pretty awful (door, AC, entertainment...). We were told these were issues that would be fixed in production cars.

When we stopped by the FashionIsland studio few weeks ago to inquire about another test drive, they treated us so badly (probably due to our cheap clothes ??, we weren't even allowed to sit in & touch the car, while other folks were able to just hop in & tried as will) that we didn't bother to ask further (nevermind the fact that there're 4 Lucid rsrvs within our extended family...)

Like the store scene in Pretty Woman. Will sales folks never learn to ignore the packaging?

I should try that! I always dress like I'm still freshman year in college!

😂 We have most definitely not been dressed up when we’ve visited that studio! Maybe ask for Hewitt Ng. He’s our SA and he has definitely stayed in touch before and after we confirmed our order in early March. Hoping test drive confirms our choice of Lucid as our first EV. 🤞🏻

😂 We have most definitely not been dressed up when we’ve visited that studio! Maybe ask for Hewitt Ng. He’s our SA and he has definitely stayed in touch before and after we confirmed our order in early March. Hoping test drive confirms our choice of Lucid as our first EV. 🤞🏻

The crew at the Beverly Hill center (where we ordered) and Torrance (where we test drove) were super nice & very professional to us. I think that's probably also the core value of the company (my cousin works in Lucid engineering and thinks it's a fantastic company.

Just that when we took our mother-in-law to the newly open center in NB so she could see why her kids were so hyped up about the car, the agent there treated her (and us) like dirt. He probably looked at her as a poor & old Asian lady who just want to touch a luxury car. That was sad, because we have several rsrvs within our family and hold more than 220K shares of LCID (purchased when the CCIV rumor first appeared).

That said, we thought it's more the individual behavior, not the company culture, that exhibited that racist behavior, hence we simply left & not confront such poor conduct.

racist behavior, hence we simply left & not confront such poor conduct.
That is such stereotypical Asian behavior - my parents were that way. Let it go, don't cause a scene. We have to confront racism whenever it is displayed as long as it doesn't present a physical danger in doing so. Yes, I've been in a couple of situations where the smart thing was to just walk away. The studio employee behavior was a take names and run it up the chain situation. I would have talked to the studio manager - they have your info in their computer system. We can't let racists or those that would treat those in disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances poorly just continue. By walking away, we are just allowing that individual to treat the next person that isn't dressed well or is a certain ethnicity the same way we were treated.

Please call the studio and talk to the manager about what happened to your family and name the individual. Let Lucid HQ know what happened.

That is such stereotypical Asian behavior - my parents were that way. Let it go, don't cause a scene. We have to confront racism whenever it is displayed as long as it doesn't present a physical danger in doing so. Yes, I've been in a couple of situations where the smart thing was to just walk away. The studio employee behavior was a take names and run it up the chain situation. I would have talked to the studio manager - they have your info in their computer system. We can't let racists or those that would treat those in disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances poorly just continue. By walking away, we are just allowing that individual to treat the next person that isn't dressed well or is a certain ethnicity the same way we were treated.

Please call the studio and talk to the manager about what happened to your family and name the individual. Let Lucid HQ know what happened.

I agree. BTW...I have gone into the Scottsdale studio in crappy clothes (I use the mall to walk on days I don't play golf) and have always been treated well there.

Back