New Variant coming....

I wish all these people would get back to work building our cars rather than helping Peter celebrate a tri-motor that won’t be delivered anytime in the near term. Get Peter out of the plant and hire an operational CEO and give Peter a corner office as CTO! It’s time to FOCUS and finish for the people trying to help you pay the near term bills and extend the cash runway.

Peak HP will be interesting - will it be 1.5x of the GTP's horsepower - or will it be limited by battery peak current capability?

I'm a Lucid Fan-Boi, but uh how many times are we gonna dilute the very top end of the air sedan? For those of you with $$$ to burn who didn't get a DE-P so you were gonna get a GT-P, but now maybe you'll have a Tri-Motor so you can say you're faster than everything except maybe the $2 million Rimac? I guess if Porsche can sell 73 variants of the 911 then Lucid can sell a Tri-Motor but I'd rather the company focus on volume/quality than physics experiments.

If you add up all their fingers that’s how many baby mamas Elon has made.

In all seriousness though I expect the Tri-Motor to have glass that doesn’t crack when hit with a hammer live on stage.
Just read about 25 replies and this one was the LOL moment!
PS: Is it 3 or 4 baby-mommas?

I'm a Lucid Fan-Boi, but uh how many times are we gonna dilute the very top end of the air sedan? For those of you with $$$ to burn who didn't get a DE-P so you were gonna get a GT-P, but now maybe you'll have a Tri-Motor so you can say you're faster than everything except maybe the $2 million Rimac? I guess if Porsche can sell 73 variants of the 911 then Lucid can sell a Tri-Motor but I'd rather the company focus on volume/quality than physics experiments.
The PR gained from having the fastest car on the road, paired with the luxury, is going to sell a lot of cars.

I'm pretty sure developing and bringing the tri motor to production is just a big f you to Elon from both Peter and the Saudis...which means it's going to be faster than the Plaid otherwise they wouldn't announce it.

I'm pretty sure developing and bringing the tri motor to production is just a big f you to Elon from both Peter and the Saudis...which means it's going to be faster than the Plaid otherwise they wouldn't announce it.
Exactly. The only reason to announce this is if it's faster than every other EV sedan on the road. It already has the best range, the best interior space, the best drag, and the fastest charging. This would make it simply the best—no modifiers needed.

Even if they sell 5 of them, they get to claim they are the best. And that is well worth the marketing they will receive from every auto reviewer.

Yeah fair point. It would draw even more positive attention, which is OK as long as they can do that AND deliver cars.
I don't think they will be delivering this until at least 6 months from now. If they don't have production humming along by then, they are in real trouble.

Couldn't agree more. Seems Peter is still on the factory floor trying to get volume and quality under control, must be going well 😂 . Maybe the 3 fingers is for the number of weeks my car is about to be in the BH Service Center. They want to announce something, announce the reservation opening for Gravity.

Maybe the 3 fingers is for the number of weeks my car is about to be in the BH Service Center.
Maybe you have a thread elsewhere but why is your car in a coma since 7/28?

I don't think they will be delivering this until at least 6 months from now. If they don't have production humming along by then, they are in real trouble.
Pretty sure @Tesla2Lucid will be one of the first to order this new tri motor...

Yeah fair point. It would draw even more positive attention, which is OK as long as they can do that AND deliver cars.
It would draw positive attention but I think the thing that will sell most cars will be getting more cars on the road.

Until then I think there’s always going to be a perception amongst the general (non-car nut / non-EV nut) public that Lucid is a boutique, super high-end exotic brand, not a daily driver to replace a 5 series or A6/S6.

It would draw positive attention but I think the thing that will sell most cars will be getting more cars on the road.

Until then I think there’s always going to be a perception amongst the general (non-car nut / non-EV nut) public that Lucid is a boutique, super high-end exotic brand, not a daily driver to replace a 5 series or A6/S6.
I agree, but that's a long ways off, regardless. Might as well tap into the boutique thing while they can.

They won't be an A6 replacement until they ship whatever car comes after Gravity.

I'll tell you what I DON'T want to see... I don't want to see anything else that delays the production and/or delivery of the cars that have been reserved and ordered already. Although I think it's great that the GTP came out and is a fantastic car, it pissed me off a little bit that they were introducing and selling another vehicle that pushed back their production of the Touring and Pure models that so many people like myself have been waiting for. In my case, almost 2 years. C'mon, Pete. Deliver what you promised before you re-allocate valuable resources to making toys for the ultra rich.

Maybe you have a thread elsewhere but why is your car in a coma since 7/28?
@Pete44 and I had very similar deaths with our cars. It's in this thread . Basically, he needs a whole new HV battery (among other things) and I need a new battery communication system.

Back