New Variant coming....

Gonna be way north of 200k. GTP is 180k...

My guess is 225k.

I was guessing about $229k, because they seem to like numbers ending in 9 (at least pre price increases).

i suspect they're going to track the kind of price bumps you see in going from a standard-series BMW to an M-series, or to an AMG version of MBs, or the price bump from a Long Range Model S to a Model S Plaid.

I'm also wondering how --or if -- they're going to tackle the additional weight of the third motor, the (probably necessary) upgraded brakes, the wider wheel/tire combo, etc. There is no easy or cheap way to do that, especially if you have to resort to low-volume composite components such as carbon fiber brake discs and body panels.

I agree, but that's a long ways off, regardless. Might as well tap into the boutique thing while they can.

They won't be an A6 replacement until they ship whatever car comes after Gravity.
I think the Pure should be a viable A6 replacement- with the tax credit they are within spitting range price wise (to a high-ish spec A6) and the Pure is only 2” longer/wider (but more spacious inside obv)

I think the Pure should be a viable A6 replacement- with the tax credit they are within spitting range price wise (to a high-ish spec A6) and the Pure is only 2” longer/wider (but more spacious inside obv)
It will be interesting to see what comes standard with A6 vs Pure. It seems the Pure has nothing compared to what its competitors have in that price point. You're paying for the range so it's going to be interesting to see if this is enough to convince people to buy or they want the luxuries like HUD's, ventilated seats, etc. that come with its competitors in that price range.

Tesla got away with it so it's not like the Pure couldn't be successful with limited items.

No more tax credit. I think their third car will be their cheap car.

I'll tell you what I DON'T want to see... I don't want to see anything else that delays the production and/or delivery of the cars that have been reserved and ordered already. Although I think it's great that the GTP came out and is a fantastic car, it pissed me off a little bit that they were introducing and selling another vehicle that pushed back their production of the Touring and Pure models that so many people like myself have been waiting for. In my case, almost 2 years. C'mon, Pete. Deliver what you promised before you re-allocate valuable resources to making toys for the ultra rich.
Wrong. The ultra rich cars are what's funding the Pure production. Everyone knows this and Peter even stated as such in his factory commissioning speech.

Wrong. The ultra rich cars are what's funding the Pure production. Everyone knows this and Peter even stated as such in his factory commissioning speech.
Yeah, that's why they build high to low. But current production numbers make it a moot point regardless. Getting wheels on the street will sell more cars. Being able to take the crown as fastest production car will, too. But with 37k+ reservations, the line will get much longer much faster if people can see them and drool in real life vs. on a monitor.

. . . pushed back their production of the Touring and Pure models that so many people like myself have been waiting for.

I understand your pain. However, some of us waited over three and a half years for our Dream Editions that were originally slated for 2019 delivery but were delayed several times.

And I'm still waiting for the Rivian R1S I reserved in February 2019.

The Tesla Cybertruck is going to be at least two years later than teased, and the Tesla Roadster is going to be five years late . . . if it ever arrives.

Such is life in EV land.

(The Plaid 21" wheels wear 265 mm tires in front and 295 mm in back, compared to the 245/265 shoes on the Air 21". I suspect the tri-motor Air will follow Tesla's lead on tires, as it has with the current variants.)
The wide-body tri-motor prototype has 285/325 tires, huge rear spoiler, bumped out wheel wells and big underbody diffusers. In 2020, the tri-motor posted a 9.245 1/4 mile while the Plaid has an "official" time of 9.23. It will be interesting to see whether Lucid releases a "standard" body or wide body and how aggressive the aero features are. In the 2 years since the 9.245 run, what's Lucid done to beat the Plaid?

The wide-body tri-motor prototype has 285/325 tires, huge rear spoiler, bumped out wheel wells and big underbody diffusers. In 2020, the tri-motor posted a 9.245 1/4 mile while the Plaid has an "official" time of 9.23. It will be interesting to see whether Lucid releases a "standard" body or wide body and how aggressive the aero features are. In the 2 years since the 9.245 run, what's Lucid done to beat the Plaid?
I hope they release the widebody with the tri-motor. They have been pretty quiet about it for the past couple years. Seems like this will pretty much kill the demand for the GT-performance.

It already has the best range, the best interior space, the best drag, and the fastest charging. This would make it simply the best—no modifiers needed.
So articulate! Stole it for Twitter/Instagram!

That wide-body was only one of several prototype versions of the tri-motor Air. I would be surprised if Lucid put this extreme version into production. Some time ago, Zak Edson, Lucid's VP of Sales & Service said the difference between the dual-motor and tri-motor Air would be similar to the difference between a BMW 540 and an M5 -- detectable but not massively overstated.

The Plaid has turned in some striking track numbers with a body and wheel setup that is indistinguishable from the Long Range dual-motor version. I cannot imagine that the wide-body configuration of the Air does not wreak havoc with airflow, thus gobbling up a substantial amount of the increased power just to overcome increased drag.

My guess above 250k$ with included stealth option.

If Lucid tacked on 40k to go from a air GT to an airGT-P which I believe is mostly software then to go to the trimotor has got to be 60to 70k to justify the extra hardware and ancillary items like brakes , suspension upgrades etc.I’m guessing 230k and they eventually drop the price of the GT-P by 10k since they were probably not selling many of them anyway. The tri motor becomes the halo model so they will need an intermediate step between the regular GT and that

My best guest if it’ll be a tri motor, however, that along wouldn’t be a Enough of a wow factor. Tri Motor coupe.

My best guest if it’ll be a tri motor, however, that along wouldn’t be a Enough of a wow factor. Tri Motor coupe.

Tesla dropped a third motor into the same body on the same wheels as the new Long Range dual-motor Model S to create the Plaid. Orders went through the roof, owners were flipping them for big markups, and it consumed almost all the auto press oxygen for months.

At this point is there any question to what it actually is?

Back