New Variant coming....

Not all EVs. That Kia Soul could freeze my ass off.
That’s because it has hamsters spinning the wheels for more energy 😂

0-60 on Plaid quoted at 1.99 seconds. Any guesses what the Lucid Trimotor will be quoted at? I’m going with 1.89!

0-60 on Plaid quoted at 1.99 seconds. Any guesses what the Lucid Trimotor will be quoted at? I’m going with 1.89!
Hard to say. At a point it comes down to how much friction is available to put the power down. Outside of a prepared drag strip surface and specialty (massively wide) drag strip tires there is going to be a limit on what is possible.

I’m not sure about 0-60. But I think possibly HP 1,777.

I think it will be more like 1400-1500 hp. Range of 430-460 with 125kw to 130kw battery. Not sure the 0-60 will beat the Plaid but my guess the quarter mile will. The Plaid 0-60 time is with a rolling start (at least that is what it said on their website).

I said 1,777 as some catchy number. Back then, they had Tri-motor of same wheel with stripped down interior on racetrack for 2000+ HP.

Definitely looks like the trimotor widebody seen at Laguna Seca. The rear shot is a give away, peep the way the cover follows the curve of the rear wing, and the three lines across the bottom, matches the defuser lines found on the Laguna trimotor car.

Not to mention holding the cover while moving probably hides the widebody.

lucid-air-tri-motor-widebody.jpg

FaZipVZVUAAleO9.jpeg

I think at this point, Lucid is just going for the more expensive cars for better quarterly results than pushing to produce the less costly variants. People that are willing to spend the top $$$ couldnt care less about the tax credit. It is great business decision but crappy customer service decision.

I just think they are trying to do anything that might keep them in the press and in front of eyeballs. I do not think it is as detailed as "numbers" or as short term in focus. They have been so slow to ramp production that they need to keep doing things to hype awareness. That being said, if they are having a hard time producing in large numbers with reliable quality, why not introduce something that you can produce at the current reduced pace that might produce a higher margin while you continue to refine those channels/processes that will allow a faster paced ramp? Again, I just think they are trying to stay in front of the public in a more positive way than "constant downward revision of production numbers".

I think at this point, Lucid is just going for the more expensive cars for better quarterly results than pushing to produce the less costly variants. People that are willing to spend the top $$$ couldnt care less about the tax credit. It is great business decision but crappy customer service decision.
Counterpoint
I care about the credit
When I saw it was going away I put in my order for the GT-P
I had been on the fence watching for quality to improve, better configuration options and to see how hot the tri-motor version would be

Counterpoint
I care about the credit
When I saw it was going away I put in my order for the GT-P
I had been on the fence watching for quality to improve, better configuration options and to see how hot the tri-motor version would be
you should have ordered the DE when it was available for the same price. They were not sold out when they said they were sold out.

No one will say no to $7500 but the people that are more likely to pick a $200k+ Lucid will not care about the $7500 credit and at the same time, it will allow Lucid to meet their lower production goals but at a higher return rate. I agree it CLTGT as well that it will keep them in front of the public eye.

you should have ordered the DE when it was available for the same price. They were not sold out when they said they were sold out.

No one will say no to $7500 but the people that are more likely to pick a $200k+ Lucid will not care about the $7500 credit and at the same time, it will allow Lucid to meet their lower production goals but at a higher return rate. I agree it CLTGT as well that it will keep them in front of the public eye.
I just couldn’t accept the white carpet and rear seats so the DE was a non starter
it will be fun to see the consumer response to the tri-motor
i agree that Petey is working to establish the company in the luxury object space so pushing higher priced variants fits with that goal

Definitely looks like the trimotor widebody seen at Laguna Seca. The rear shot is a give away, peep the way the cover follows the curve of the rear wing, and the three lines across the bottom, matches the defuser lines found on the Laguna trimotor car.

Not to mention holding the cover while moving probably hides the widebody.

View attachment 4113

View attachment 4114

The contour over the rear wheel wells of the car under the cover is not as pronounced as the fenders on the wide body, nor does the rear wing look as prominent. I think this is in line with what Zak Edson (VP of Sales & Service) said some time ago: the visual differences between the dual-motor and tri-motor will be akin to the differences between a standard BMW 5-series and a M version -- noticeable to cognoscenti but not extreme.

Frankly, that wide-body car looks like something out of an East L.A. chop shop and not at all something I would put on the street where I live.

So...tri-motor (for whatever infinitesimal real-world improvement that gives), tuned suspension, bigger brakes, and a blue exterior?

Well unless the power delivery and cooling systems in a dual motor chassis are significantly over spec'ed I assume that adding an additional motor requires you beef everything up for the additional power draw and heat generated. Maybe...

And maybe because one axle will have two motors there some slick trickery they can do with vehicle dynamics. None of this brake vectoring stuff.

But of course this is all kinda useless on public roads... But that doesn't stop every manufacturer from releasing highly spec'ed "track" trims.

Back