New Variant coming....

So...tri-motor (for whatever infinitesimal real-world improvement that gives), tuned suspension, bigger brakes, and a blue exterior?
Okay, since nobody wants to give a GUESS on what the 0-60 will be (you guys are duds with the "I'm not sure" comments :rolleyes: ) how about what does #BlueMeansGo mean? I don't think it will be a blue exterior, IMHO (again, a guess)

Lots of negative reaction and dismissiveness toward this new trim.. Very tiring to read through pessimists.

I dont understand why anyone would feel that Lucid shouldn't focus on these sort of releases. The team developing the Lucid Air "Sapphire" is not the same one producing vehicles on the factory floor or working to resolve their logistics/supply chain issues. Lucid can walk and chew gum at the same time.

This will be awesome for their public image and bring them closer to being a household name. We should all be excited for that.

Remember the rumors a couple months ago that supposedly came from an employee about a "blue" car? I think we are going to see a blue tri-motor. How long will ir really take them to harmonize blue?

you should have ordered the DE when it was available for the same price. They were not sold out when they said they were sold out.
Please don’t instigate. It was fully sold out before 2022. I tried to get on wait list since January and been check on any back out order with no avail until I received VIN and eventual GT delivery.

Lots of negative reaction and dismissiveness toward this new trim.. Very tiring to read through pessimists.

I dont understand why anyone would feel that Lucid shouldn't focus on these sort of releases. The team developing the Lucid Air "Sapphire" is not the same one producing vehicles on the factory floor or working to resolve their logistics/supply chain issues. Lucid can walk and chew gum at the same time.

This will be awesome for their public image and bring them closer to being a household name. We should all be excited for that.
It's all about the optics. Like when Lucid was struggling getting Dream Editions into people's hands and Peter decides to do a video on the battery. We all know the video was probably recorded months in advance but was it the ideal time to be dropping a video when the company was clearly struggling to get vehicles out and especially when the new owners didn't even have Cruise Control at the time.

Similar to this scenario. I don't think it's bad that Lucid is developing new products to push the limits etc. (it's what they should be doing to stay ahead of the curve) it's just the timing of the announcement. They slashed production forecasts, have quality issues and instead of trying to show the market and pessimists that this is a company focused on resolving issues and quickly it seems they'd rather focus on announcing new things than fixing the problems they have.

Like i've said before, Lucid can announce 50 new models but if they can't get the production issues sorted they will get a reputation for all talk no action. This announcement might have gotten a more positive result if it was announced after the Q3 earnings call IF Lucid was showing a production improvement \ ramp up. Releasing it now, some people will be excited, the media will probably love it but others will just throw the "can't deliver a car" shade until they show they're serious about fixing production problems.

It's all about the optics. Like when Lucid was struggling getting Dream Editions into people's hands and Peter decides to do a video on the battery. We all know the video was probably recorded months in advance but was it the ideal time to be dropping a video when the company was clearly struggling to get vehicles out and especially when the new owners didn't even have Cruise Control at the time.

Similar to this scenario. I don't think it's bad that Lucid is developing new products to push the limits etc. (it's what they should be doing to stay ahead of the curve) it's just the timing of the announcement. They slashed production forecasts, have quality issues and instead of trying to show the market and pessimists that this is a company focused on resolving issues and quickly it seems they'd rather focus on announcing new things than fixing the problems they have.

Like i've said before, Lucid can announce 50 new models but if they can't get the production issues sorted they will get a reputation for all talk no action. This announcement might have gotten a more positive result if it was announced after the Q3 earnings call IF Lucid was showing a production improvement \ ramp up. Releasing it now, some people will be excited, the media will probably love it but others will just throw the "can't deliver a car" shade until they show they're serious about fixing production problems.
It's probably the best time to release the news with the dismal Q2 earnings, need to pivot the focus and stories of Lucid.

This week we have the biggest collection of pissing contest winners in the US that happens all year
Quail is the perfect time to drop this beyond insane variant
Let‘s step back a moment, the DE, GT, GT-P all have irresponsible levels of power
We want them for varying reasons, many of which I bucket into the pissing contest category
The company is/will get a great deal of coverage from it, so all good
It does look like the factory is burping out more cars so let’s go Lucid

I don’t know about anyone else, but I read this and immediately pictured a Terry Gilliam animation of a factory splitting in two and a Lucid popping out, complete with burp sound effect.

This week we have the biggest collection of pissing contest winners in the US that happens all year
Quail is the perfect time to drop this beyond insane variant
Let‘s step back a moment, the DE, GT, GT-P all have irresponsible levels of power
We want them for varying reasons, many of which I bucket into the pissing contest category
The company is/will get a great deal of coverage from it, so all good
I don't find my GT to have irresponsible levels of power. I find driving it just right in the smooth and swift mode.

I don't find my GT to have irresponsible levels of power. I find driving it just right in the smooth and swift mode.
Last time I looked, 800HP is the soft baseline for Hypercar power levels, we like having that much, but it's irresponsible. We just have to be careful not to end up in the evening news.

I think it will be more like 1400-1500 hp. Range of 430-460 with 125kw to 130kw battery. Not sure the 0-60 will beat the Plaid but my guess the quarter mile will. The Plaid 0-60 time is with a rolling start (at least that is what it said on their website).

Lucid can use the same standard.

VMT prepared track with 1 foot roll out.

1.85 seconds to 60 and 8.99 1/4 mile sounds about right.

Last time I looked, 800HP is the soft baseline for Hypercar power levels, we like having that much, but it's irresponsible. We just have to be careful not to end up in the evening news.
As I said, I mostly drive in the smooth and swift modes that has considerably less than 800 HP. The power level in those modes feels just right for me and not dangerous to control. I only use the sprint mode(with the 800 HP) on occasion.

Maybe its dangerous for those not used to driving high performance cars, those with poor driving skills or those who get distracted easily and don't pay attention when they should be.

Even in the 800HP(sprint mode) I find the Lucid GT very controllable

BMW i4 M50 Quad motor

Will Lucid's Quad motor be on the market soon as well?
Lucid proprietary motors are much more power dense than others. For example, Tesla can only squeeze out 1,020hp from three motors, but Lucid manages 1,111 from two.

Four motors would be too much torque for any road tire available unless they developed a new lower powered motor.

As I said, I mostly drive in the smooth and swift modes that has considerably less than 800 HP. The power level in those modes feels just right for me and not dangerous to control. I only use the sprint mode(with the 800 HP) on occasion.

Maybe its dangerous for those not used to driving high performance cars, those with poor driving skills or those who get distracted easily and don't pay attention when they should be.

Even in the 800HP(sprint mode) I find the Lucid GT very controllable
I think the answer to your question of irresponsible power would be to compare the number of accidents of Dream and GT Lucid to the general population of cars in a 2-3 year period. That would be an objective answer rather than subjective

Lucid can use the same standard.

VMT prepared track with 1 foot roll out.

1.85 seconds to 60 and 8.99 1/4 mile sounds about right.
Not sure - the Rimac Nevera is 1.85 seconds with 1914hp and weighs 4,700lbs.

I’m guessing a tri-motor Dream (essentially) would be ~5,400lbs

Lucid proprietary motors are much more power dense than others. For example, Tesla can only squeeze out 1,020hp from three motors, but Lucid manages 1,111 from two.

Four motors would be too much torque for any road tire available unless they developed a new lower powered motor.
900V battery and motors may be helping there, lower I^2*R losses.

Back