New HV Battery

There is this thing called...not passing.
Definitely!! If there's not enough room to safely pass, following traffic is a much better way to go. If my husband had understood that concept last February, I'd still have my first Lucid. Sometimes patience is needed when driving.

If you accelerate a speed-limited Lucid in such a way as to allow the forward momentum to build from a lower speed, kinda like slingshot'ing it, you can potentially exceed the speed limiter (which just cuts off power, rather than actually braking or decelerating the car). I was on a similar 80mph two lane road somewhere between AZ and CA behind a debris-flinging truck that, had I not been able to pass, I feared was going to result in a shattered glass canopy if not a shattered frontal lobe. Hammering it at 60 or so and lifting off the accelerator at 85 I think allowed me just enough extra mph to safely pass without lingering in the oncoming lane. Aside from that, other than accelerating and cornering, I'm more than happy to chill in the right (or right'er) lanes, limiter or not. I just don't really get the appeal of public speeding as a means of enjoying a performance car. High-school me however, well, I'm glad to still be here.

P.S. I mention the above information for the sole purpose of emergency-only defensive driving safety measures. Any other use of said information is strictly prohibited and shall not be used against me in the court of law or public opinion.

Last edited:
anyone get the surprise call for battery inspection/potential replacement, but have observed no problems to date, and then actually have the battery fail (before you could get it in)? i got the call this week but have a 600 mile trip planned this weekend, and would much rather take the 'nice' ride (vs the farm truck!). i asked the service folks and they said they couldn't guarantee nothing would happen but that folks have driven cars a long way to the shop in florida after getting the call without issue. so i'm trying to sense of likely/unlikey that it'll fail on this trip! (built 12/22, had it a year, 13k miles)

They took my car away when I had the issue so surprised you still get yours

i didn't get the impression it was urgent, plus nearest service center is prolly 500 miles away so not like i can just drop it off (unfortunately)! so far i've only found one person (AMG) that got the call and then actually had the failure

No, they didn’t. Nobody came and temporarily repossessed your vehicle.
Yeah, the second I read the comment it sounded like his car was took hostage.
1710500310420.png

Last edited:
To clarify I voluntarily took my car for its 1 year service, but then Lucid found the battery issue and then took it “hostage” saying they would rather fix the battery issue immediately. They did offer me a grand touring in exchange for the “hostage” as a fair trade.

IMG_4215.jpeg

When I was notified (after a remote diagnostics was run before scheduling my car for an appointment for something else), I was told that they scaled from 1-5 for urgency, with 5 being immediate. Mine was a "2", but they wanted it taken care of proactively and I should have no problems with driving before my appointment 3 weeks away. You may ask them if they have any metrics to show any urgency and confirm that a road trip would not be an issue. I was given a loaner (no driving restrictions) during the replacement).

anyone get the surprise call for battery inspection/potential replacement, but have observed no problems to date, and then actually have the battery fail (before you could get it in)? i got the call this week but have a 600 mile trip planned this weekend, and would much rather take the 'nice' ride (vs the farm truck!). i asked the service folks and they said they couldn't guarantee nothing would happen but that folks have driven cars a long way to the shop in florida after getting the call without issue. so i'm trying to sense of likely/unlikey that it'll fail on this trip! (built 12/22, had it a year, 13k miles)
I received the call as well and they scheduled the HV battery replacement 3 weeks away. Drove over 800 miles during that time without issue. Probably worth asking them if they have any data from car indicating how imminent a problem it is. I decided to just drive my normal commute during the weeks prior to the HV replacement just in case, but I am also a bit risk adverse. (Built 3/22 20k miles)

thanks for the feedback folks! i'll try and ask again - this is the first i've heard of a 'risk assessment', that would be helpful! i did give my scenario and the response was pretty non-specific, but i def did not get a 'that would be a terrible idea' that i imagine would be associated with a 4 or 5!

To clarify I voluntarily took my car for its 1 year service, but then Lucid found the battery issue and then took it “hostage” saying they would rather fix the battery issue immediately. They did offer me a grand touring in exchange for the “hostage” as a fair trade.

View attachment 19264
That was misleading on your part. Rather than doing something bad, it appears to me that Lucid went the extra mile for you identifying the issue remotely, fixing it at a service call and offering you an excellent loaner. Other than hooking you up with a date, what more do you want?

i didn't get the impression it was urgent, plus nearest service center is prolly 500 miles away so not like i can just drop it off (unfortunately)! so far i've only found one person (AMG) that got the call and then actually had the failure
They still have my car since the 4th of March, but don't really care since I got a loaner. Keep it as long as they need to fix it. 🙂 I periodically check up on it via the app. Doors and trunk opening and closing.

Back