New Dodge Charger: EV AND Gas versions!

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?
Comes in EV and Gas versions, 2 door and 4 door versions, all have good power and reasonably good range! It looks fantastic as well and has good cargo capacity. That i6 should be silky as butter... although my vote lays with the EV.
1709657359941.png

It'll be interesting to see if this shifts the perception of EVs in middle America.

They're positioning the Charger EV as an outlaw vehicle:

They're positioning the Charger EV as an outlaw vehicle:
That was actually the worst car commercial/reveal I've seen since the GM ads of yesteryear. The lethal amount of cringe in that video would put a 9 year old to shame. And Kuniskis is literally spouting nonsense, "This is not the electric car that they want the Brotherhood to have." Like sorry, but who the hell is "they?" And do they realize the sapphire and plaid exist? (i'd argue the plaid specifically is like a muscle car)

Its a REALLY nice car, but they should tone that weird outlaw tone down.. I remember when Tim had great presentations (watch the original demon reveal, for reference) and Dodge had great ads (george washington challenger). Stellantis has ruined him and the company so far.. Dodge really is doing the best they can (by adding the hurricane i6's, etc).

That was actually the worst car commercial/reveal I've seen since the GM ads of yesteryear. The lethal amount of cringe in that video...
I agree - it was both terrible, and revealing for what it may take to sell an EV to Dodge's customer base.

what it may take to sell an EV to Dodge's customer base.
Not kale smoothies, apparently. 🤣

Besides, even with that ad, I doubt many would go for the EV over the i6... it's only a matter of time before somebody hemi swaps it (as the mounts are the same).

Back