My poor car has to park on the street

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
My garage door won't open more than nine nches.. We were barely able to get back into the house after going out this morning since neither of us had bought our house key. This is the first day since ownership that my Lucid is parked on the street. I'm hoping it can be fixed today. I don't think I'll sleep well tonight if it isn't.

My garage door won't open more than nine nches.. We were barely able to get back into the house after going out this morning since neither of us had bought our house key. This is the first day since ownership that my Lucid is parked on the street. I'm hoping it can be fixed today. I don't think I'll sleep well tonight if it isn't.
Most garage doors have a manual handle as a bypass, it is usually metal. Does yours? Could we see a picture? It also might have a red cord that would be the manual release on the actual opener, as long as you have access to the inside of the garage via a door or something.

Most garage doors have a manual handle as a bypass, it is usually metal. Does yours? Could we see a picture? It also might have a red cord that would be the manual release on the actual opener, as long as you have access to the inside of the garage via a door or something.
We managed to get it open enough to crawl under it and get into the house. The mounting of the chain to the wall on the top of the door came off. It can't really be used until it's remounted. I already contacted the company that installed it, they're coming out later today to fix it.

We managed to get it open enough to crawl under it and get into the house. The mounting of the chain to the wall on the top of the door came off. It can't really be used until it's remounted. I already contacted the company that installed it, they're coming out later today to fix it.
If the actual mechanism is broken, then there is no hope of lifting it a substantial amount without the possibility of damage. Make sure that there is a camera facing or in the car!

Back